Ladies, I need some help

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Sinda, May 30, 2007.

1. Sinda

Sinda New Member

I'm trying to figure out if a friend of mine is trying to tell me something. First let me preface the situation with a little back story. I have known this girl since we were 16 (now 23). We have always been good friends and seemed to "get" each other. Well throughout high school she was always dating someone which is why I never got to give an intimate relationship with her the old college try.

Two years ago I had just gotten out of a year and a half long relationship and went to visit her (we go to separate universities that are about two and a half hours away). We started drinking and I ended up telling her how much of a crush I'd always had on her when we were younger. Apparently the feeling was mutual and after a couple of more alcoholic beverages we ended up having sex that night.

Since then we haven't had sex, but we've been a lot more open with each other about things of a sexual nature. Just general flirting via text message, etc. Now she's been dating this guy for about 6 months or so now. Every time I talk to her she tells me how him and me are almost identical personality wise.

I'm certainly not trying to make a move on her or anything. I'm just curious as to whether or not her repeatedly telling me how much this guy and me are alike is a hint. Since I'm a guy I'm not very good at picking up on such hints so I figured I would get a female opinion.

2. Bluesy

Gold Member

I say it could go either way. She's dropping hints or she's just that startled by your similarities. Maybe you should tell her that you've met someone whose personality is so similar to hers it's FREAKY and see where the the convo leads.

3. Sinda

Sinda New Member

Ooooh, I like that idea! Thanks!

4. HouseHunny

HouseHunny New Member

D you like her? Would you like to pursue more with her? It looks like she wouldn't mind that idea, but you haven't sealed the deal which is why she is still dating others. If you want more you better step up your game before it's too late.

I also liked the idea mentioned, tell her the same thing she has told you, see what comes out of it :)

5. Barbwire

Gold Member

No, no, no, don't make up some bullshit line! Geesh, just come out and tell her that you'd like to go on a date or something. See? No big deal.