Ladies & Gents of SF, I need your help!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by heelfetish, Sep 1, 2010.

1. heelfetish

Gold Member

Our 10-year wedding anniversary is fast approaching, and I need some ideas. I want to do something special, or give her something special. We haven't really ever made a big deal of our anniversaries, so I want this one to be special.

Money is a concern, as is time. With 2 small kids it's tough to just pack up and go. I also can't take any time off work. (grrr, but that's a topic for another day) She's not one for jewelry, and she lost one of the diamond earrings I bought her for Christmas a few years back. I thought of buying her a new diamond for her engagement ring, but her brother-in-law just did the same for her sister last year. She doesn't wear her rings often either.

So, I realize I haven't given you much to go on, and I'm so tired lately that I can't seem to think of anything good on my own. So please, throw out any ideas you may have. I'm all ears!

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

Treat her to a day at the spa with the works. I've never been to a spa but have had friends that have been and they say it's divine.

3. heelfetish

Gold Member

That is an option, and one I've considered. I did something like that for her birthday earlier this year, treated her to a mani/pedi at a new fancy spa that opened here. Cost a pretty penny too, but she enjoyed it.

4. Barbwire

Gold Member

Is there a place nearby where you could rent a rowboat? You could pack a picnic lunch, with a nice bottle of wine and row her around for a while then have a nice lunch in a secluded place on the shore.

5. heelfetish

Gold Member

Lots of boating around. Shame she doesn't like wine. :lol I gotta show you the pics I took a few weeks ago of some people who 'thought' they found a secluded shore. lol

6. Barbwire

Gold Member

Well, bring hard liquor then and if you get spotted fucking, neither one of you will give a shit.

7. Mittimer

Gold Member

As you know anniversary's have different gifts for each year. Year ten is "Tin" or if you want something more modern, go for aluminum or any other pretty shiny or even brushed metal.

For an anniversary Ian got me a metal (tin) flower. It has muti colored jewels in it and didn't run too much. It's shaped like a daisy(?). You can custom make it to match each of your birth stones or her favorite colors or even just random colors. It's probably one of the most beautiful things I've ever received as a gift and it will last a lifetime. It runs between like 20 and 30 dollars.

OR there's always the option of aluminum 10th anniversary roses. They are a bit more pricey, running about 100 dollars for the 10 of them. But they are shipped in a long stem packaged box much like a real fresh long stem rose is. They are tied in ribbon and shipped right to your door. :)

I MUCH MUCH prefer the metal flower because it's SO incredibly unique.

I can find both links for you if you're interested, just drop me a private message. I can also provide you with an actual photo of the one that I have. :) (the metal flower)

Also, if you had a wedding with a wedding cake, take an image of it to someone who does cakes as a hobby. They can replicate the cake topper for you for what I can imagine would only be maybe 50 dollars? If that. If you have a publix around, they can most likely do it for you too at around the same price.

Make a quick dinner for two candle lit at home. Wait till after the children go to bed if need be or have someone babysit them for about 3 hours. It'll give you two time to have an intimate night together, to have a quick bite give her a unique memorable gift and share something together that you shared 10 years ago. :)

Think about it. PM me if you have any questions.

8. heelfetish

Gold Member

:lol too funny, CL. :) Now where did I put those photos...

9. heelfetish

Gold Member

Thanks Mitt. Really great ideas from you both!

10. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

Mother's ring or necklace. The ones with the kids birthstones. May be more of a Christmas gift idea. How about a nice simple picnic alone. Either at a park or your own back yard. Lots of finger food. LOL

11. heelfetish

Gold Member

more great ideas. :)