Ladies, can your fella's keep a secret?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by sarah_rslp, Jan 16, 2008.

1. sarah_rslp

sarah_rslp New Member

I've always been a big believer in 'what happens in the bedroom (or where-ever) stays in the bedroom. I value my privacy but I've always hated the idea of men blabbing to their mates about what I do during sex. Especially when you're in an enviroment where everybody knows everybody else.

I'm sure nobody has a SO who blabs about their sex life, but in the past I've had two bf's that have broken the rule. Once when I discovered a bf had shown his mates a pair of my knickers that he had and with another bf when he boasted that I used swallow during oral sex. I was absolutly raging both times, all though they're not as serious as what happened to some of my mates.

So have you always managed to keep your sex life private? or maybe it doesn't bother you?. Either way I'm curious

#1 sarah_rslp, Jan 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  2. Bluesy

Gold Member

Oh, confidentiality is a must for me. I think it's only respectful to keep the details of your sex life between you, your partner, and nobody else. The only exception would be posting anonymously to a forum like this one.

3. cook74

Gold Member

This site is pretty good in that you can discuss your problems, marital, sexual, etc with relative anonymity. (not for all, granted, because some come onto this site as a couple). But I find it a help.

As a teen, and even a young adult I remember discussing my so called sexual conquests with mates, but apart from the women that I paid for, I bet my sexual partners did so too.

As one get older however...Well at least I hope, I have matured enough not to talk about our private lives too much with friends. I do however confide in close friends when it comes to problems that they may be able to help with. But we are a tight nit group that have known each other since our teens and many of these discussions include my partner(who was part of this group at an even younger age), and she gets her say as well.

As for private things like underwear...There was this one time that she was away at a music festival and rang me while I was using her undies as props for my self gratification, and she told all her mates around her what I was doing while we were still on the phone :eek My erection went down faster than a popped balloon.:eek: :lol

4. Dreama

Gold Member

I like things to be kept between us, (you know, unless we're posting here) unless he's asked me if he can share. I don't want things blabbed without my knowledge, but as long as it isn't really embarrassing, I don't mind too much, if I'm notified.

5. sarah_rslp

sarah_rslp New Member

I think that when men get together in a group and start talking about sex they can get unpleasant, and lose regard for the women in their lives. I've observed men talking about sex from time and time and I think theirs an element of vulgarity and crudity to it that I don't like. You can even see it for yourself in some of the threads in here (although posting on a forum like this doesn't violate your partners privacy)

6. cook74

Gold Member

I guess there are immature men everywhere. I have overheard that kind of talk plenty of times in pubs or at parties but it is normally younger men involved, and drinking has a lot to do with it as well. A lack of intelligent discussion topics may also lead to this.

7. Bluesy

Gold Member

Oh no, that is definitely not a "guy thing". The type you're referring to are a sub-group of the male gender...a very immature and insensitive group :eyes I've known women to be just as crude and dismissive of their partner's privacy. I once had a friend who loved to complain about her bf's penis size...and then every time I'd see him, guess what image came to mind? :uhh: :ugh Women can be callous jerks, too.

8. Halogen

Halogen New Member

I agree with Bluesy (as usual)

9. Bluesy

Gold Member

*cough* Your weekly sexbux bribe, I mean payment, will be deposited into your account per the usual arrangement, just FYI.

10. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

I found out my g/f told her friends that I cum "huge loads" (which is odd because if you read another thread I posted in, it is a problem for her).

At first I didn't much care. Then when I was around her friends I was wondering if they where thinking about what my g/f told them... so it was actually uncomfortable.

It made me wonder if she told them how I couldn't get it up the first couple of times we where together... and other embarrassing moments.

My boys are always talking about "banging a girl's ass" etc and how it is a huge conquest if you can do it.... but when I had anal sex with my g/f I kept it to myself and never mentioned a word to my boys.

I just think that stuff is meant to be private. But I also am at peace with what my g/f may share with her friends now. I trust her enough to believe she wouldn't reveal any secrets that would embarrass me.

11. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I've always been very private about my sex life. Always. To the point of lying about it if asked. And my experience has been that women talk about it more than guys. Sheesh, my late wife even discussed our sex lives with my mom! And in return, my mom told her about my horny dad!!!

Excuse me. I've gotta go... :puke

12. Shy Girl

Shy Girl New Member

I guess I'll be the first to say it doesn't really bother me. I don't think he's discussed too much with too many people, but whenever it is brought up in front of someone else, I am not horribly embarassed or anything. Maybe slightly uncomfortable bc I'm a little self concious, but those convos usually end up in laughter and there's no hard feelings that come from them.

Is all good.

13. sarah_rslp

sarah_rslp New Member

I kind of regret my rushed choice of wording for the title of the thread "can your fella keep a secret" sounds a little immature. "have your boyfriends always maintained your privacy" might have been a bit more articulate.

Anywho like I said originally I've always been paranoid about my privacy I've seen too many mates get stung by guys that like to broadcast their sexual exploits to their friends. You know even my male friends in the past have liked to boast about their sexual exploits. I think it's an aspect of male culture to be constantly pushing the envelope of what acceptable during sex. Look at how many threads involve guys wanting anal sex or their girlfiriends to swallow or whatever they've been convinced by lads magazines or their mates they should do in bed, and of course as soon as they've done it they've got to broadcast it to the world.

I experimented a lot sexually when I was younger and I'm not prudish, but the relatively minor incidents when guys have betrayed my privacy still make me see red.I'll be honest as well to all the guys that have posted, this need to broadcast your sex life is peculiar to males I think women are a lot more discreet only giving out details when they genuinely need to chat and not to boast

#13 sarah_rslp, Jan 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  14. slamd097

slamd097 New Member

I keep alot of things secret. I will discuss certian things, but I will not get into detail.....

15. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I could not ever imagine sharing Thorn & my private sexual life with a person.

Trust me, you guys know WAAAAY more about us than we would EVER tell ANYONE! Even the family dog :lol

I've been in relationships where some guy would be a braggard :shrug Probably spending his twilight years living a cynical, grouchy, unfulfilled life... and he's probably ALONE! :p

16. Howie_t

Howie_t New Member

Out of the few women that I have had sex with and also since I have been married,I have have NEVER told anyone about what went on in the bedroom,neither has any of the women I was with before my wife,including my wife.Yes I have had friends who has done that and has asked me to tell,but I never would.That was one of the first things on the do not list of my wife,which I never believed in doing things like that in the first place.I have always felt too embarrassed whne people talked about something like that anyway.

17. BassDude

BassDude New Member

In general, I keep my wife and I's sexual shenanigans private...that's always been my rule of thumb (with a few minor exceptions). My wife loves to tell people that she loves giving me blowjobs though (I think every one of our friends and many of her co-workers know that!), so I loosen my own rule of thumb in those cases...I'll gladly tell them that she gives a mind-bending BJ since it's already a known entity! I often inuendo that I love eating pussy too, but it's kinda entertaining to observe which people get those inuendo's and which one's don't. :D

Now, I have on occasion blabbed something that my wife would rather I have not, but it's usually not any details, just maybe a hint or two (but it's always something good, not bad). Oh, and she'll correct me quickly if I'm saying something she'd rather I not! :spank

It's also my rule of thumb to not criticize my wife to friends or other people...in general, anything I say about her is good, not bad...and she shows me the same respect. Although we both sometimes go to truly trusted friends for advice, in general we keep our dirty laundry between us. I don't treat my wife with disrespect (and I generally don't allow anyone else to either).

BD

18. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Man I've heard some conversations... I'm of the opinion that women aren't any different.

19. Dreama

Gold Member

It's all relative; some are, some aren't....Guys or girls.

20. On_Top

On_Top New Member

Depends on the person.
    Some of my friends are so immature they can't talk about sex without blushing or making it into a joke.

Some of my friends however, when they talk about sex, it's how good it is, and how guilty that makes them feel.

I've never heard anyone brag about sex just to brag.