Kittens

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mittimer, May 28, 2011.

1. Mittimer

Gold Member

I have two pregnant cats right now. All by a stupid accident that my father in law let happen. We have one male that is isolated with the other older cats on the florida room who isn't fixed. ONE male. Then the "kittens" and more skiddish cats on the inside.

I have two Calico babies, around 8 months old. They are both pregnant as he let the one cat who wasn't fixed in with the kittens. Needless to say, both are pregnant.

Right now as I type this I have one of them hiding under the couch (not her nesting box) giving birth and I hear the little cries of kittens.

I've never dealt with birth from indoor cats, only out door wild cats. Needless to say, it's interesting and terrifying.

Needless to say, I will soon have my first litter of kittens then, in a matter of days, I'll likely be having another litter of kittens. *sigh* It's going to be a very stressful week.

Anybody in Florida want kittens after they've been weened? Lol

2. MitchieG

MitchieG New Member

awwww man 0_0 everything that could go wrong did, i feel for you champ =P

3. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Just make sure the mothers have plenty of water and good food available (think high fat and protein content, like Innova EVO), they're gonna need it. Also watch for them shunning any of the kittens. It's rare but it almost means certain death for the shunned one, and usually means there is something wrong.

Of course if you already know this, then feel free to ignore it. :p

4. Beach

Beach New Member

Actually my mom wants a cat ... But she'll want a mature cat, not kittens.

5. Mittimer

Gold Member

I'm aware of the whole "high fat high protein" thing for mothers. Trust me, her food is fatty as fuck right now, and shes being a pig. We're feeding her three times as much as the other cats.

The babies are ADORABLE. Shes letting me (and only me) be around them and handle them. Handle her. She's purring up a storm and loving on me every time I go to check on her. The kittens are plump and being piggy piggy PIGGIES. XD

There are 4 by the way. 1 black with white spots. 2 white with light gray and light orange spots and 1 white with deep orange spots. Looks like a mini Garfield!

6. HisLilSecret

HisLilSecret New Member

:) I wish I could take 1 off you hands but my male cat only likes other dogs. Everything should be fine texas_red gave good advice & dont worry about her not using the nesting box they will go where ever they feel safe. My cats in the past had kittens where ever she damn well pleased. Congrats!