Kinsey

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dreama, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Dreama

Gold Member

Has anyone ever seen this? It's about Alfred Kinsey, and his research. I'm taking a Human Sexuality course, here at college, and we're watching this now. I've seen most of it, and what I've seen is truly amazing, as well as the other things we've learned about Alfred Kinsey. What do you all think about either this movie, or Alfred Kinsey in general? This is a sex forum, after all!

2. sarah_rslp

sarah_rslp New Member

He did a lot of really important work and helped bring sexuality out into the open especially with his work on homo-sexuality. But he has come in for a lot of criticism the way he gathered data was so complicated that other scientists found it very hard to check it. Apparently the kinsey reports aren't used that widely by scientists any more, though they did prompt other studies to be done.

Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Kinsey which is actually quite favourable to him.

Plus a lot of the stuff he wrote on sex offenders was just plain wrong, he didn't excuse what they did just proposed that they had no control over themselves like the mentally ill, and that they didn't belong in jail. That's actually touched on in the movie.

3. Dreama

Gold Member

Yeah, I've definitely seen that stuff. And, I don't agree with everything he did, especially with the sex offenders thing. However, the fact that he was able to stand up and do some controversial research at a very conservative time was really cool.

4. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

If it hadn't been for Kinsey, We wouldn't have
    any research on the subject.
    Everyone else was afraid to do it.

Hiker