Keeping Quiet

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by MordsithLove, Apr 4, 2013.

1. MordsithLove

Gold Member

So I will be renting with roommates soon, and I have a general question...

Have you easily overheard your roommate buzzing her toy and of course the typical moans and smacks of sex?

I'm so shy and I'd be embarrassed if I was heard in either scenario, I try to keep quiet....but honestly, it's tough to put it all on mute....and my toy seems loud.

Any of you ladies have had experiences with this? Any techniques to share?

Btw these roommates are not personal friends of mine or of anyone I know; complete strangers...all females in the house, and they've got a respectful and fun demeanor about them.

Help before I find myself starved of much needed orgasms.

2. kipro150

kipro150 Member

My gf uses a pillow over her vibrator lol. But its a clit one so she can be more discrete than some other toys

Maybe play music thats about the same level as your toy?

Definitly an annoying part of living with other people though lol

3. redics_girl

redics_girl Active Member

music.... thats what i used to cover up the sounds when i had a room mate.... and i waited till she was gone most of the time. also- squeeky bed solved by mattress on the floor.

4. Adventurer

Gold Member

I know i am a guy, and what im about to say may be sort of irrelevant to the topic...but I would like to chime in.... :)

I would love to hear my wife scream when im fucking her, but we have children, so over the years we have had so much practice being quiet, that it has become the norm, for the most part (unfortunately). :(

5. MordsithLove

Gold Member

Thanks everyone for some advice :)

Music maybe my number one choice, and thanks RG for the mattress tip :p

I too need to let my orgasms out untamed in order to fully be satisfied, but it's hard when I am so shy of being heard :eek:

6. GR33DDY

GR33DDY New Member

Hey Mord I will happily offer for you to use the spare room at our house, noise dosent bother me but I may stick me head in once in a while just to check that you are ok ;)

7. Essene

Gold Member

It's easy to be quiet.

As far as being a female, a pillow deaden both the whirring sound and small vocal ejaculations.

8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Mords why the mortification of being known to be sexual?
    All the other females in that household will be doing likewise anyway :)

9. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

When my wife and I where renting space in a house before we bought our own place after our wedding, we used to turn up the sound on the TV, enough to muffle our sounds or we used music like others...but you can't use love makin music or that's a dead give away :lol We also where lucky as the other couple either worked night shifts every other week or where out and about quite often.

10. MordsithLove

Gold Member

Haha well the pillow is pretty much the impulsive thing to do, music can be helpful too...I just hope he doesn't mind my selection for such a playlist ;) also there's a local hard rock radio station that just turns me on if I'm being wooed in a dim room and hearing a low tone of the tuned station playing....(memory lane) :eyes

Hmmm well chances of a guy being in my room are probably slim anyhow...not for some time at least. But who's to say what really to happen? ;)

I can only imagine how hard it is too keep quiet while the kids are asleep or preoccupied otherwise....there were nights when I was just a girl and I have overheard my parents a few times, and even some of my dads girlfriends :ugh which is probably why I have an issue of being heard.

11. Meee

Gold Member

I live with my parents. My rather tame vibrator only makes a light noise. Using it under a blanket or lying on it is enough to muffle it. I make more noises than the vibrator, moaning, sighing, speaking in tongues (or at least Russian). I can keep most of it quiet, but at one point a big groan just has to come out. Pressing my mouth to a pillow is usually good enough for that. Or stretching the edge of the blanket across my mouth. Or just being aware of where my parents are in the house and if they're far enough away. Music doesn't work because they always knock on my door and tell me to turn it down. Having the boyfriend over, well, that has to wait until my parents are out.

12. just4fun

Gold Member

For me its just not possible for me to be quite. Its only good for me if I can be "me"

13. AtkCCC

Gold Member

Brings back old memories, not the vib but the roommate part. After we finally got married we shared an apartment with another couple for about a year. I'm sure they heard us more than once as we heard them a few also! Ha ha ha

14. GreyGoose

Gold Member

My best friend and I were roomates for a year when I lived in FL. I use to hear him and he use to hear me having sex then later or the next day we use to talk and joke bout it

15. simbablk

simbablk Active Member

With roommates, you are bound to hear the tell-tale sounds of him getting some pussy.

One quiet night he had a friend over for the weekend. We had all chilled out in the living room talking and stuff. I retreated to my room and later heard his door close. Not soon after I heard some moans then the sounds of his headboard knocking against the wall. It was pretty hot I might add.

But, I would later return the favor multiple times and fuck my girlfriend while he was home. No biggie. We're guys. We have sex. It's what we did. No one ever said anything about it.

Simba

16. Swunk

Swunk Member

Dearie me. The lady and I just moved into our own place, an adorable little rental house. Before that we were with various combinations of 2-3 roommates for three and a half years, in a tiny little four-room apartment with paper-thin walls and lockless doors with big cracks around the edges and huge gaping keyholes you could see movement through from across the room. Hell, the first year we didn't even have a door to our bedroom, which opened directly off the common area.

If there is a sound associated with sex, I think we've all heard all of each other making it at some point. Grunts, moans, smackings, squeakings, whimpers, dirty words and sweet nothings, from the 6 roommates we had through the place. You just turn your music up a bit, and give them some traditional Japanese rice-paper wall privacy. Yeah, I can hear/see you having sex, no, I'm not going to pay attention.

It probably helps that we all always got along really well. Befriend the people, and it gets way less weird to hear them thumping around in the next room. If it's too awkward at any point, just yell something humorous, and if they're decent, they'll probably quiet up a bit. If you can joke about it, it all becomes way easier to deal with.

Not that there won't still be the incorrectably awkward moments too, but in general, We found it liveable. It's the piles of empty bottles and dirty dishes and plumes of pot smoke that'll really end up bugging ya!

Best of Luck!

17. Ready2Please

Gold Member

I live alone but my bedroom is very close to my neighbors bedroom. So when I have a guy over I have to be careful but most of the time they are gone or sound asleep. I hear their kids running around making more noise then I would if I was moaning.:lol:ugh

18. redics_girl

redics_girl Active Member

we sqwitched bedrooms with the kids. ours WAS on the stairwell, and didn't share a wall with any other apartments. Now, however, our room borders the master in the apartment next door.... and our bed is on that wall. I am absolutely sure they have heard us because i am not nearly as quiet as i used to be. awkward thing is, the husband who lives there was a band booster when i was in high school band, and his daughter went to school with my sister, so he knows me fairly well.... and a couple weeks ago, he facebooked me to be friends, which, of course, i turned down. i try not to think about who's on the other side of the wall- if i did, i'd never get laid. :(

19. dougsan

dougsan New Member

I was going to write an in your face response and then I remembered being kicked out of my in-law's home just after we were married because we were so noisy and there were four girls 14, 12, 10, 10 living in the same house. We weren't upset and found a lot of rook for humor. My wife at the time said to her parents, "We always heard you guys, you know."

After leaving her parents home, we spent the remainder of our "honeymoon" in the home of an unwed aunt where we learned to be very quiet!