[Ask a Girl] Keep up shaving or not

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by SpiderSnake, Feb 9, 2011.

1. SpiderSnake

SpiderSnake New Member

After much persuation my wife finally let me shave her about a year ago which made going down on her a much more pleasing experience for me & she loves the extra sensitivity she feels. Financial problems arose & we couldnt afford her razors so the hair returned. We finally had the money to buy her razors & after shaving again once, she came up in a mild rash with some ingrowing hairs. My question is, would it be ok to continue shaving with the ingrowing hairs or should she just keep it trimmed with scissors?

2. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Wait until the ingrowns are gone before shaving again to avoid irritation. When things are clear, make sure she exfoliates well prior to using the razor, and use moisturizing cream (hair conditioner works well). Shave only in the direction of hair growth to avoid the irritation. Good luck. I could never shave and get clear results because my skin is sensitive, so I wax.

3. CruelTease

Gold Member

I recently got my first hollywood wax, and I love it! No stubble, no ingrown hairs, no need to shave every few days... Might be worth trying?

Also, you get special tweezers for ingrown hairs. I have them, they're great.

4. HardRocker

Gold Member

I heard that the hair returning to waxed areas is much softer that the cut-off stubble that returns after shaving.

5. Beach

Beach New Member

I can only speak for myself, but now that I've been grooming for years now shaving is very quick and simple. I think once the skin is conditioned to it, a person can razor shave with little trouble.

6. Moon

Moon New Member

I use Nair sensitive hair removal cream. I buy a pack of 2 sachets - 89p and one sachet will 'do' me twice. I use this once a week and regular exfoliating while washing combats the ingrowing issue.
    Just to say I have incredibly sensitive skin and shaving always gives me a grotty rash and as for waxing, well, ouch is the only word!!

I think its just a case of trying different methods out to see what works for her.

7. Flame

Flame New Member

Yes it is, and that is why I wax and have for years now so it lasts over a month (up to two months if I don't mind fine hairs). It hurts like crazy the first few times but it gets better quickly and if I focus on the results I don't mind the discomfort.

8. Moon

Moon New Member

Also meant to say the exfoliate I use is vegetable oil with some salt or sugar stired in, fantastic on hands too (and not too expensive).

9. Stefanie

Stefanie New Member

This!

Let things grow a bit and just trim. Next time, after a shower or bath where the water has had time to soak her hair and get it soft, exfoliate thoroughly and apply a high quality shaving cream. Something with aloe in it, for instance (I noticed a huge difference between the shaving creams I got from the store and a high quality one I ordered online in the incidence of ingrown hairs and such). Let it sit on the hair and skin to soften everything up even more, and then shave with a fresh razor with the grain of the hair. Don't shave against it if she's prone to ingrowns.

10. SpiderSnake

SpiderSnake New Member

Thank you all very much for the advice, we'll try those methods until we find the 1 thats just the job

11. toofaan

toofaan New Member

these days you get grooming kits for body and private search details on google mate tc

12. MN_Professional

MN_Professional New Member

Has anybody ever tried laser hair removal for that area? I know its advertised a lot and prices have come down. I would buy it for my wife if I knew it actually worked. I don't know if my wife would actually want it though...

13. Flame

Flame New Member

Asking her first would be a very good idea! I wax but a friend of mine had the laser thing done and is really happy with it. She says that she needs to wax every now and then, but the hairs are really fine.

14. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

I use disposable razors,but I use a fresh one every other day.At first I did have some irritation,but it goes away once you get used to it again.
    Alcohol may hurt like hell,but if applied after can help keep those bumps from getting infected.