Just past the 2 year mark

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Squirt, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Squirt

Squirt New Member

We have just past the 2 year mark of our relationship on June 2, 2009. I received nothing, no card, no flowers, nothing!!! I sent him a card detailing of how he made me feel everyday! (Would have been more, if I had the money.) I received nothing, but why did I leave a card in his truck? Why???

Because I LOVE YOU!!!...HIM!!!!

2. loveit247

Gold Member

Boys are stupid.

3. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

This might seem like an obvious question but, did you remind him? I know that you might feel like you shouldn't have to because if he cared enough about you and the relationship, then he'd remember. However, many men are...well, idiots about things like that. In the future, start reminding him at least a month ahead of time. Don't leave hints. Hints never work. Be direct. Say something like: "So, honey. Our anniversary is coming up and I was thinking of going out to dinner at that little Italian place." And keep reminding him. Unless he's completely clueless he should remember when the day arrives.

4. Barbwire

Gold Member

Men are not women, you cannot expect them to think like women. It's far easier to accept that fact now, and save yourself a lot of grief trying to figure them out.

5. spaceforme

spaceforme New Member

This is funny. My 5 year is coming up in a few days and my girlfriend is complaining that I have not yet gotten a card. She said she already did, and got upset that I didnt.. Well, I was planning on it.. so why does it matter when I get it.

However, I think that as time goes on (being a guy of course) that its not really important to buy gifts. I am a poor college student with no job. I see no reason to spend money I dont have. My girlfriend though thinks I need to buy her flowers often and take her on dates.. She doesn't understand what being jobless is like.

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Never truer words written; women of the world, heed these pearls of wisdom.
    Addendum; in this world of digital communication a reminder sms or e-mail might help too.:eyes