Just Made a Mistake with the ex.

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by MitchieG, Jun 4, 2011.

1. MitchieG

MitchieG New Member

This is probably going to sound like stupid teen melodrama to most of you, in fact it probably is.

I recently went through a very bad break up. We had been together for almost two years and we really got along but I left her because we just couldn't talk to each other; she would lose it on me if I asked her a question she didn't want to answer, not because of the emotional severity of it all, but because she thought the answer would upset me.

We decided to try and be friends, and we hung out with some other buddies and over all had a slightly tense but good time. As the night was coming to an end, I drove her to her place and said goodnight. Before I knew it, we were having truly amazing sex and I found it almost impossible to go home.

I have a few "friends with benefits," whom I call to get rid of stress sometimes, but I wasn't able to look at any of them after that, let alone talk to them. Opinion?

#1 MitchieG, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  2. nurseharley

Gold Member

Maybe it wasn't really a mistake

3. KagamiD

KagamiD New Member

As long as you both just wanna fuck then it should be no problem. But if one of you still has feelings for the other then the original problem will eventually arise again. So I guess talk it out, set up some ground rules and enjoy the amazing sex.

4. Chronichaze

Chronichaze New Member

Youd gon n fucked up son. Kiddin but not completely. If u can keep the good sex absent to the emotional baggage go for it but from my experience that's near impossible. I went back over and over hooking up with my ex. I wanted her back and she led me to believe that she still wanted me. I think she used it as leverage in satisfying her ego knowing I'd still go for it because right after I'd hit it she'd be really sweet in the morning, we'd hang out and such like nothing changed. Things go back to normal and a week later she's a complete bitch pushing it back away. I don't know you personally so I'd say if you think it could go that route just stay away.

5. MitchieG

MitchieG New Member

"Maybe it wasn't really a mistake"
    I don't know what to think of it really. We're awkward around each other now, so it reeks of a mistake. I tried to talk to her but it just feels futile.

"So I guess talk it out, set up some ground rules and enjoy the amazing sex."
    That would be exactly how it would go in an ideal world, my friend =)

"I don't know you personally so I'd say if you think it could go that route just stay away."
    I find myself agreeing with you a lot of the time. It's so hard for things to be as simple as I want them to be. I guess i should stop posting while I'm feeling angsty

6. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

It sounds like you still respect her a lot because of the two of yours history. You were in a relationship for 2 years.. after an act like that it's only human to stay and feel the need to stay also.

I don't think it was a mistake at all.. it was more a comfortable situation in which the two of you are used to and because of the history and revisiting of familiar territory it would have been amazing.. you know one another :)

Not sure what to say about the awkwardness all I can say is tread lightly. Talk and don't make her think you thought it was a big mistake because it will make her feel like a discarded cum rag.

Everyone has feelings and we need to take others into account

7. Jonger84

Jonger84 New Member

Well .. I masy disagree with most of you .. You have made one mistake .. either by breaking up or by having sex ..

You will put yourself into deep confusion .. which will not make things anyway better or easier for you ...

Me and my ex. were in relationship for 3 years .. it took as like 1 year to be friends .. just to be sure that you follow only your mind ... and to be strong enough to ignore any remaining feelings you have ... because you know it will never work out with her ..