Just how safe is rimming?

Discussion in 'Sexual Foreplay and Techniques' started by Charmeleon, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Mittimer

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I'm not a doctor so I can't say if there is or isn't anything fatal from it. As far as I *know* nobody has died from licking assholes.

Stranger things have happened though, I suppose.

2. yeshyeshyesh

yeshyeshyesh New Member

wash her turd-cutter with soap and the chances of you getting sick are virtually zero. unless ofcourse she already has a disease. it wont take much time to do that, no need to take a full bath.

dont finger her when licking.

#22 yeshyeshyesh, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  3. Charmeleon

Charmeleon New Member

I clearly mentioned that she is not diseased. Former virgin, recent checkup with a blood test.

And why the hell not? Unless you mean fingering her asshole, which I have not done, as I was quite aware that that could infect her. But if you're telling me not to finger her vag when I eat her ass out, you sir, are a damn fool.

4. Texas_Red

Gold Member

No, he means don't finger her ass and then rim her, or finger her ass and then her vag.

I'm prone to over thinking things but even I can see you're getting a bit out on this one. You know the possible risks now. It sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders, and you're armed with the info on how to cut the risks down. Just go with that.

I myself love giving and receiving rimjobs. I'm perfectly happy with keeping it to an after shower thing, and if my partner had an issue with going from ass to vag then I'd probably just forgo the rimming to make things easy. If your girl knows the risks and is cool with it and you guys do what you can to cut the risks, then just go for it. Stop getting all wound up over it.

5. Charmeleon

Charmeleon New Member

Wound up, am I? I only got annoyed with previous statement because it sounded different than the intended use. He said "don't finger her when licking," not "don't finger her asshole when licking." If you say you're fingering a girl, you mean her vag. If you mean otherwise, you specify. I'd like it much better if I weren't treated like I'm stupid.

But yes, now I know the risks. I'll do my best to follow them, but one can't expect two horny teens with not nearly enough time on their hands to abstain from something they like, especially in compensating situations.

I wouldn't have asked if I didn't know for sure, but I was somewhat aware of the risks, I mean, how safe can licking the area where feces comes from be?
    But I was really just interested in how dangerous this is. I was not looking for an exact number, just some sort of approximation, and I made that clear. Now please, somebody just tell me... if I continue licking down there without maximum cleanliness, am I likely to get sick, or is it just a possibility?

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

You got the advice and there is plenty more to Google.
    Your choices dude, you are well aware of consequences and when people give their best advice please refrain from arching up particularly when you misunderstand something.
    Nobody gives a rat's what you do or really think but please remain civil at least here.

7. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Well, I totally understand misunderstandings happen, but I don't really see how anyone was treating you like you were stupid. Sometimes people say things and it makes sense to them at the time even if it makes little or no to others, or even themselves later. Kind of a "shit happens" thing. As is I am assuming he meant don't finger ass then vag or finger ass then lick because that actually makes sense. Won't know for sure unless he comes back and clarifies.

As to wound up, I mean over all, not just at that post. You seem to be really stressed out over this whole risks involved issue. I'm saying calm down, and just do what you and your girl feel is right, and be as careful as you can about it.

As for that, we've all been telling you that the risks are there, but it's not likely as long as you and she are clean. That's really it. No matter what, there is a risk. As long as you clean well before engaging in analingus, I personally don't think anything bad is likely. There really is nothing more anyone can tell you on the topic.

#27 Texas_Red, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Big amen to that TR!

9. Charmeleon

Charmeleon New Member

Sorry if I came off as stressed, hell, perhaps I was. That's probably because I've been looking into this for a while now, but to no avail. It looks like I'm going to keep getting the same answers from you people, so let's just say case closed, alright? You've all told me everything you know, I've told you pretty much what I'll do. Thanks for the help, and again, sorry if I was being a dick. And for the record, when I said I was being treated stupid was when Texas Red immediately assumed I had misunderstood something, as if my interpretation was somehow stupid, without considering the possibility of yeshyeshyesh meaning what he said. But like you said, we won't actually know unless he comes back and clarifies.

10. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Ok CM with that you are now ok by me.
    Please keep talking but lets go somewhere else now ok?
    Be happy!

11. Charmeleon

Charmeleon New Member

I don't really understand what you just said. There are a lot of abbreviations people keep using that I don't know the meaning for, save for SO, which I could only assume means significant other.

12. Mittimer

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Yes, SO means Significant Other.

and CM was an abbreviation for your screen name

13. rosie8

rosie8 New Member

At the risk of repetition, I think Mittimer is on the money. There's no need to feel disgusted, if you like it and you take care of both you and your girlfriend, go for it! but do get your advice from the best source! Google sexual health clinics and read their sites; go to one and ask! they know best , it's their speciality.

14. Stefanie

Stefanie New Member

This is my worry, as well. Fecal matter is full of viruses and bacteria that our bodies are trying to eliminate, not re-contaminate themselves with. You are most likely to catch an STD while exchanging fluids, especially if the person receiving has a cut or abrasion. You are highly unlikely to get STDs on your hands, though - but mouth and genitalia are where most people get them.

Only ethyl alcohol isopropyl alcohol kill bacteria. A shot of vodka or liquor is highly unlikely to kill all of the bacteria from her anus. A gargle of mouth wash could possibly help, but it would not sufficiently reduce the risks, in my opinion.

I'm a Passion Party Consultant for a living, and a part of that job is teaching the women and the couples that come to my parties about safe sex. Switching from the front door the the back door is safe sex. Switching from the back door to the front is not safe sex. No matter what way you're doing it (fingers, penis, tongue, toys, etc) it's not safe for her. Using your tongue on her anus unprotected is not safe sex, either. One thing you can do to make this safer for both of you is to use a dental dam and finger condoms (found in the "family planning" aisles and in the band aid aisles at most stores, respectively). You can buy something specifically for this or you can just get a piece of plastic wrap about 8"x8". You always want it larger than the area it's being used on for better protection. To increase the sensation through the dental damn, you're going to want to wet it with a drop or two of lube and smear the lube around thoroughly on the side of the dam that will be pressed against her.

The reason this is a very unsafe activity for her is that introducing viruses and bacteria and yeast into the vagina or the urethra can cause a lot of pain and discomfort, or even permanent damage, if infections go untreated. The vagina is a very delicate place - it has it's own PH balance, that when upset, can cause an overgrowth of yeast or bad bacteria that can cause itching, irritation, foul-smelling discharge, etc. If bacteria from fecal matter makes it's way into her urethra (which is very common during oral sex - she should clean herself up and urinate after vaginal sex and oral sex every single time) it can give her a urinary tract infection. Those are incredibly painful and uncomfortable, and anything you or she can possibly do to prevent them is necessary. A UTI is when bacteria infects the urethra and can pass into the bladder, and from there, it can travel to the kidneys. Kidney infections are not something to mess with - they can cause permanent damage or spread into the bloodstream, which will require hospitalization and might kill her. An infection from the urethra can travel to the kidneys in about 24 hours in some cases. I've been there, done that, and let me tell you - it was not a good experience. I don't wish that on you or your girlfriend.

This is an unsafe activity for you, as well, because of the obvious (ingestion of fecal bacteria and viruses), but also because, if you have unprotected sex with her when her vagina has fecal bacteria in it, you can get a urinary tract infection, too.

Sex is fun, but it can be messy and dangerous, which is why you should make an effort to practice it safely. :)

#34 Stefanie, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  15. Sobey1

Sobey1 New Member

Everyone gave good comments but there's one thing most people don't know.

If your partner has recently shaved down there, don't rim....can leave pores open & full of bacterial. Wait a few days before going down.

#35 Sobey1, May 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
  16. anant

anant Member

I generally clean my wife's butthole nicely with wet wipes before a rimming session. She showers in the morning so need to clean it proper. I dont think there's any issue if you clean her butthole nicely just before the rimming session. :)

cook74 likes this.
  17. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Aesthetically clean does not mean microbiologically clean; it is still full of shit bacteria and viruses no matter how well it cleansed and then one little fart makes all the cleaning process worthless but if that is your thing then go float!