Job Interview Today/Fingers Crossed!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kermit, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

after hearing how they almost never hire around this time of year, lo and behold got a call for a job interview. It was something i applied online for on the 7th and my first call back yesterday of all the jobs i applied for. They wanted me to come in the morning (today now) so i woke up early got as perfect shave as i could, got str8ed up looking for my best in a suit (glad to finally have one, never owned one til recently).

I come in and theres five other people applying. Guy i shared a table with had meth-mouth I look around and felt out of place, i was the only one in a suit (it's fucking McDonald's what can you expect though?). They just look like they're in nicer-than-usual mall clothes. Though before the suit that's all I really wore. Best 13 dollars (plus 20 for the tie and shirt) ever spent! All i need now is a fucking vest. Even as a kid i always dug that look. I wait about three applicants before they call me up. I was little late but since it was a group thing i wasn't really lol. Did not impact them any.

She finally called me up i'm nervous as fuck though. And i made some crack about how i felt over-dressed but she seemed to indicate she liked that. We went though the usual "what can you bring to the company?" i said "enthusiasm" and elaborated on it a bit. The one thing that caught me off guard was the diversity question how do i feel about working with blacks, Asians, Indians, Hispanics, etc. I told her "i wish I could say i love it, but honestly i do not care. People are people, makes no difference what color they are." Heaven forbid someone said "i won't work with n-words! so if you can accommodate that reasonable request i would be happy to join up :)"

I had gotten the impression she was kinda of a hard ass, and maybe it was just being in closer proximity or if I actually did something right, she seemed to smile and lighten up from the stone appearance i got from my superficial observation. And for the life of me it's gonna take a while to learn her name since it's foreign. She at least understood it's hard to pronounced and just accepted my difficulty but noted my desire to learn it.

So i'm waiting by my phone for 4PM when they said they would make their decision. She told me i was a definite candidate for the position. This either means she liked me as an applicant or just didn't fuck it up. But should help my last three jobs were food service.

So wish me luck guys (if you choose to)! :) I'll keep you guys posted if i get the job. Might be fucking McDonalds, but it's a job and tha'ts something in this economy. Better to work there than no where at all

#1 Kermit, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  2. cutegirl

cutegirl New Member

Best of luck :)

But if u get a female boss don't forget to please her with your tongue:p Just kidding...

3. Kermit

Gold Member

Well i know the manager is female. I sure will please her with my tongue.....by saying lots of "yes, ma'am" and "i'll get right on it!"

She isn't my type anyways, I'm not sure if i'd lick her with someone else's tongue.

4. RideNaked

RideNaked New Member

Hey! We're pullin' for you! Good luck! And you are so right, a job is a job in this economy...

T

5. Kermit

Gold Member

Unfortunately I have once over heard in a mall conversation "i'd rather my man not have a job than work at McDonalds!" long time ago but stuck in my head

6. 1hotmamma420

Gold Member

Good luck!!! Hey...to get a job, ya gotta have a job. Gotta start somewhere, so if you decide to go to another place...ya can. Who cares where it is. A paycheck, is a paycheck. Nothin wrong with workin at mcdonalds. Its my fav. Place! I love the heart attack fries...haha :)

7. Kermit

Gold Member

Well it's a good place to meet BBW's (just kiddin lol)

8. Priapus

Priapus New Member

Good luck Kermit!

9. RideNaked2

Gold Member

I am excited for ya Kermit! Good luck!!!! Not a dang thing wrong with McDonald's...job is a job is a job. My Aunt raised her family of 5 working at McDonald's :)

10. SWOJLO

Gold Member

If you get to work the fryer, remember to wear some pants. It only takes one deep fried pecker head to learn that little gem of a lesson! GOOD LUCK.

11. Kermit

Gold Member

Reminds me of some advice my dad once gave me, "never make bacon without a shirt"

12. Lifter

Lifter New Member

You over heard a very stupid person talking.
    A job is a job which equals money, money is good.
    Good luck to you.

13. Mittimer

Gold Member

Good luck, Kermit. <3
    I have faith you'll get the job.

For the record, there isn't anything wrong with the golden arches. A job is a job, regardless of where it's at.

14. Everett_Spair

Everett_Spair Member

job = money, money = awesome. dont let anyone tell you different.

15. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Good luck. The job market blows right now, so an interview is always a good thing. I spent 9 months unemployed after college.

[​IMG]

16. Kermit

Gold Member

Yeah no one can just "get a job" now lol you have to hunt and fight for them

17. Meee

Gold Member

My fingers are crossed.

18. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Yeah the "just get a job" people are the most ignorant idiots you can find. I hope you get it. You still have your current job right? If the manager is female, I'm sure you can smooth talk your way into a job ;)

19. cbrmale

Gold Member

My manager is female as is almost everyone I work with, and you don't just smooth talk your way into a job, but it may be an advantage to be a man applying. Beyond me, the only other men where I work are the 14 courier drivers who work for me, but they're out on the road most of the day.

I do hope you get your job as I believe the US economy is still in dire straits. I can explain what went wrong, but the biggest problem is that sufficient economic stimulus hasn't been able to be applied in the US due to the underlying massive budget deficit. This was largely brought about by large tax cuts given to the wealthy by the previous president, although excessive military spending also plays a part (again we can sheet a fair portion of that home to the previous president as well). If the US budget had been closer to break-even or in surplus, then government spending would have been able to be increased by a geater level, providing cushioning against declines in private sector spending.

Your current president had an opportunity to reverse those tax cuts when his party had control of both houses of parliament, but he didn't. He failed.

20. Priapus

Priapus New Member

Any word back yet? Just curious