Job Application

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cora, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Cora

Cora New Member

I'm looking for a job at the moment, applying to all kind of places. I'm also going to apply at the local adult shop (sells sex toys, adult DVD's etc...). So far I'm outlining any skills I may have with regards to retail work (cash handling skills etc...), plus understanding the importance of confidentiality. Does anyone have any more tips for how to write my application so that it is geared towards this particular job?

I am currently applying anywhere I'd be happy to work, whether there is an advertised position or not. This potential employer has not advertised for staff, so I don't have an ad to refer to for writing the letter.

2. slamd097

slamd097 New Member

Just tell them you use to suck start 747's....they would careless about the rest of your information...:D

Other then that, just be honest and who you are...

3. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Play to what they want but be honest. Oh and add something interesting about you, a hobby or something. It's often useful to differentiate yourself as someone with personality and depth rather than simply saying I have X years working a register.

4. Cora

Cora New Member

Thanks for your replies. I'm doing the application right now. I actually need to leave the house to run some errands, but am determined not to go anywhere til it's sent. It really is one of the tougher job applications I've done... I think partly because for retail applications I normally say a fair bit about my product knowledge and give examples... but I'm not so much in this letter lol.

5. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Good luck with it Cora....I'm sure you'll find something:D

6. Cora

Cora New Member

Thanks... I actually think I did pretty well with the application in the end, and worded it appropriately. :)