Jelly dildos, are they safe?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by nurseharley, May 19, 2011.

1. nurseharley

Gold Member

Ok, i think this might be laughable but i'm seriously concerned.

I spent a significant amount of time sucking on my jelly dildo (its a waterproof jackrabbit) and i couldnt help but notice that right afterwards i was feeling a bit...off. my head was hurting, i was lightheaded, and i felt like i was going to puke.

out of curiosity i started to google some information about jelly dildos and more than a few websites said how they can be toxic and very unsafe and now that has me worried.

i feel stupid and embarrassed and if it's common knowledge not to put a jelly dildo in your mouth, i missed that memo! :ugh

2. Jonger84

Jonger84 New Member

After lobsters, how can you stand the taste of latex in your mouth ??

3. Mittimer

Gold Member

There are two things you need to worry about. Toxins and germs on your dildo from use phthalates. Phthalates are a nasty mix of chemicals that have been shown to cause a vast array of complications during the animal testing period.

Now days, you can search on just about any toy site and find "Phthalate Free" toys.

As far as general toxins/germs that you, the user leave on it? Do you have a antimicrobial toy cleaner? I can't stress how important that is. They run a grand total of 4 maybe 5 dollars on any toy site and are a VITAL thing to have.

"Jelly" dongs are a porous surface and can trap all the nasties you leave in them from fucking yourself and popping it in your mouth. The mouth is phenomenally dirtier then one would think. Using regular soap and water (if that's what you use at all) doesn't always help and can leave small amounts of viruses and other what not's on your toy.

If you haven't already looked up phthalates, I suggest checking it out and reading up on it. They are in EVERY "jelly" or PVC style dildo unless specifically marked that they aren't.

Seriously though, if you haven't already, please invest in a antimicrobial cleaner.

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact me privately.

4. Raw7712

Raw7712 New Member

Don't be embarrassed! If you found answers in the Internet then you know you are not the first one that has put the jelly in your mouth. Right?? It's good that your concerned and everyone is right jelly is like a sponge. You may have washed it off after fucking yourself with it but your secretes are still on there a tiny bit

5. Kermit

Gold Member

We need a poll

-Yes you Should Feel Stupid And Embarassed
    -No You SHouldn't
    -What the fuck was the question, i was distracted by the image of you sucking off a dildo

6. DWB

DWB New Member

-What the fuck was the question, i was distracted by the image of you sucking off a dildo:lol

7. jopely

jopely New Member

I am beyound distracted my head inside is going crazy with this image good god that is HOT! But ya I am sure there are toxins in them god only knows what chemsicals are used to make them be careful girl don't get sick on us!:(

8. docpete

docpete New Member

Maybe you were sucking it so hard that you did not get the correct amount of O2 intake, causing a CO2 buildup in your lungs which would explain the light-headiness and sensate to vomit. But I highly doubt you could absorb that much of a chemical to cause that unless you just got it out of the mold it was made from.

Very hot vision though.

9. Trond

Gold Member

My guess would be bad chemicals, not infection, unless you also had a fever. Where was it made? Some countries are sneaky with restrictions on certain chemicals, and even produce children's toys with high lead concentrations. I am no medical doctor, but your kind of symptoms are more similar to getting an overdose of more volatile chemicals (similar to breathing vapors of acetone or turpentine for instance). Perhaps residues from the manufacturing. If I were you, I would never use that dildo again.

10. nurseharley

Gold Member

Phthalates is what i was most concerned about when googling about this. that word kept coming up but i had no idea what it meant! animal testing? :eek

i do have a cleaner but i'm not sure it's the best kind in the world (it came as a free gift when i purchased two dildos from a website.) i'm going to look into buying a better kind when i purchase a new dildo to replace this toxic one lol i'm definitely open to suggestions about what brand is best in your opinion.

my throat was swollen when i woke up this morning but its better now. i have learned my lesson lol

11. olsonski

olsonski New Member

-What the fuck was the question, i was distracted by the image of you sucking off a dildo -What the fuck was the question, i was distracted by the image of you sucking off a dildo:lol

LOL