I've been robbed!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Joe, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Well, not robbed as at gunpoint, but someone entered our (attached) garage last night while we slept and stole all the beer out of the beerfridge -- about a case and a half. :mad

It must have been teenagers, as they only took booze -- a couple bottles of wine too. They ignored the freezer full of meat, a dozen or so power hand tools and my big mechanic's tool box. I mean, they could have walked out with $10,000 worth of stuff but only took the booze.

Still, it makes me feel a little violated, that someone actually "broke in" while we slept. I live in a quiet neighborhood at the edge of a small city and never lock the doors, even when we go on vacation. I guess we'll have to start locking up now.

2. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Wow, Joe. That stinks...I can understand the "violated" feeling. At least they only stole the beer and wine.

BD

3. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

Hiccup!!!!:lol

that is a same, Joe.

That kind of stuff has been happened in my little "safe" area.
    There was a break in where the put a muzzle on the dog and put it outside.
    Everyone slept through it.

4. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

I just came across a whole load of beer and wine if anyone wants to buy any from me.

Wow Joe, that sucks, kids are really stupid.

5. heelfetish

Gold Member

I know how you feel. You're never quite the same after a violation like that. It doesn't really matter what they took, but the feeling that you're no longer safe in your own home/neighborhood is awful.

We had our car broken into a few years back, and had a few break-ins the past few years around our home. I caught them in the act early this summer, and since then have beefed up security around the home. It's disheartening to say the least. :(

6. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Here joe ... you might want these:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Thanks A1!

Actually, I have a shotgun that sits right next to the beerfridge. I thought about it this afternoon and went to see if it was still there. It is, thank gawd.

8. Barbwire

Gold Member

Crap, Joe! I can't imagine what it would be like to be robbed like that. I'm glad it wasn't a home invasion or something much worse. ((hugs))

9. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

sounds like middle school/HS kids.

But yeah ... always remember, you are responsible for everyone of your firearms. I know you know this. But I can't emphasize safety enough. :tup

10. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

This happens around here. Kids break in and raid the beer fridge.
    For god's sake, secure your shot gun, dude!

11. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

So THAT'S where Thorn took off to a couple days ago :yell He better have saved the 2 bottles of wine for me!!

:lol
    Sorry for making light of your misfortune, Joe. But very glad that it wasn't worse! Definitely sounds like a bunch of kids - with no understanding of the more lucrative items they could have stolen.

12. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Another scary thought is that they were undoubtedly casing your house before they committed the burglary. They knew that you had a fridge full of beer and wine and they knew that you kept your garage unlocked. Still, it could have been a lot worse. They could have cleaned you out completely, but I guess a case of beer and a few bottles of wine were more important to them than a shotgun and $10,000 worth of equipment.

13. loveit247

Gold Member

Come now Joe! Do you think we or your wife buy that line. You must have one hell of a hangover man!

Jokes aside, I know the feeling. My house was ransacked about 3 months ago. You really do feel violated. Start locking your doors!

14. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Get a dog. Best security system out there and a great companion. :)

15. loveit247

Gold Member

That is one hell of a crap reason to get a dog! Save impulse buys for chocolate, not puppies. A dog is a huge responsibility!

16. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

We lost our 16-year-old dog a couple months ago, but had she still been alive and happened to see them break in, she'd have just gone up to them with tail wagging looking for a pat on the head... unless they looked like CAT burglars.

Our guard cat didn't see them either, or he'd have bolted out the door when they opened it.

17. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Plus the poor pooch gets shot when the cops raid the wrong house.

18. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Thanks for all the concern folks. Aside from the feeling of being "violated," it was kind of funny. I seldom drink beer, but it's my wife's sustenance. She came home from work, went to the garage for a beer and came back with sad, puppy dog eyes and asked, "What happened to my beer?"

Luckily we had a couple beers in the kitchen fridge, so they tided her over until I could go buy some more.

Rose, I'll bet Thorn was disappointed to find a fridge full of Miller beer! :lol If he shows up without the wine send him back for more. Tell me what kind you like and I'll stock up for you. ;) (Please ask him to ring the door bell this time.)

PIB, I wondered a bit about the "casing," but the big door is hardly ever opened and the windows in it are too high to see into unless someone over 6'5" was peeking in. (The drive slopes down to the street.) I suspect kids were going from house-to-house looking for just what they found here. The fridge sits next to the back door of the garage, so it was easy to snatch and run. I'd have thought it was someone who had been here and seen the beer, but I can't think of any possibilities there. It shall remain a mystery.

19. Rocket Queen

Rocket Queen New Member

oh no, that truly sucks. Regardless of what they took, people still entered your home... I hope they choke on the beer.....

20. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Or at least get sick from drinking too much of it!