it's the wedding cake

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Jolay, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Jolay

Jolay New Member

it's the wedding cake
    after you eat it the sex goes away

Why does marriage=Less sex

I read a study somewhere that single people tend to have more sex then I read that married people tend to have much more sex than non-married/single people.

What say you all? What has your experience been? Please share

2. Meee

Gold Member

Well the only thing I know is that it isn't the cake. The boyfriend and I have been to a few weddings together, ate the cake, and then had sex soon after that. A direct connection, I'm sure.

3. lbushwalker

Gold Member

My own experience is that marriage tends to create routine and partners easily take one another for granted whereas others have to work harder at staying together.
    Effort = reward = keeping the attraction and so sex remains alive & well.
    In my current relationship we have lived, loved and worked together 24/7 and have been so for over a year yet we remain as connected if not more that when we first hooked up.
    We love that cake and lick it rather than gobble it ;)

4. cbrmale

Gold Member

All the research I have seen indicates that married people have a lot more sex than single people, despite some married couples having some degree of conflict over frequency. I'm hopeful that most married couples, the ones who don't come to sex forums for advice over lack of sex, are having good and regular sex lives. Even if sex falls into a routine, it's still enjoyable if done right.

5. Mittimer

Gold Member

Not a single thing has changed between my husband and I after we got married in regards to sex. We still have sex just as much as we did before if not more.

There are odd days/weeks where something will really be stressing us both out and we give it a rest, but other times no.

6. backcheck64

Gold Member

Married 24yrs and the only thing that's cut into the sex is all the kids activities. But we are still hanging in there at a minimum twice a week. Marriage doesn't equal less sex, being a lazy asshole does.

7. nyxx

nyxx New Member

never been married, but i have friends who are married who have sex 3 or 4 times a week, kids permitting. my girlfriend and i have sex a little more than that but depends on work schedules and school. i don't think it has to do with marriage but rather the schedules you have to deal with .

8. BlueLizard

BlueLizard New Member

I have had more sex in the last 3 years being married to Dreamer than I ever had with 2 previous wives. It certainly depends on your spouse. At my advanced age, the problem is not getting it up...the problem is keeping up! Four or five times a week is not unusual around here...

9. Rodeoclown

Rodeoclown New Member

I've been married nine years and we do it more than ever! I think the sex is better now!