It's getting close..

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by WC1989, Oct 18, 2014.

1. WC1989

Gold Member

It's getting close to that time of year again, Christmas!

Starting out I thought shopping for him would be easy.. Mustang stuff, gun stuff, and/or clothes. After looking further into these categories I'm stumped.

I don't want to order him mods bc lord knows if order something wrong, clothes are pretty simple but I don't want to get him just clothes, and as far as guns go I was thinking a new cleaning kit and a gift card for ammo.

Ideas? Thoughts? HELP!

bhonest, Amature and ply like this.
  2. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Go with what you know....lingerie and toys

bhonest and Amature like this.
  3. WC1989

Gold Member

Lingerie and a pack of beef jerky it is then

4. anotherguy

Verified Gold Member

I would be happy with you being the christmas present

Amature and pinotnoir like this.
  5. BlueCollar

Gold Member

If he's a hunter or fisherman try Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops. They've always got a lot to choose from.
    As far as guns go, take a look at what he has. If you're unsure of what kind of gun it is, ask him what it is. That way you'll be able to get the ammo. Any local gun store will have anything and more. If he as a rifle, maybe a new scope? He may have a scope on it, get an idea of what kind it is, take that info to the gun dealer, and they will be able to help you select something of higher quality. But be careful. They can get expensive. Lol.
    You mentioned Mustang stuff, the car I'm assuming right? I'd check online for Mustang merchandise. You should be able to find jackets, shirts, hoodies, etc that should suit him.
    Hope this helps :)

WC1989 likes this.
  6. HotForHoney

Gold Member

If you don't want to ask him, take pictures....which may be another option....boudoir photos!

ply likes this.
  7. backcheck64

Gold Member

My wife and I don't buy for each other. If it's in the budget, we buy it when we want or need it. We usually get something small for the kids, but it's the same for them. This year we'll be skiing over Christmas so we won't even be home to open anything. I'd suggest a gift card. If he's anything like me, I'm very specific on parts for my vehicle or computer... I don't hunt and see no need for guns.

WC1989 likes this.
  8. ginger

Gold Member

heh bc Christmas & Birthdays must be fun in your house lol there's nothing like a good few pressies at Christmas having it all when you want it leaves nothing to look forward too.....

but heh each to there own :rolleyes:

9. teamster145

Gold Member

I am very glad the founding fathers did not think like you. If so we would all be speaking with a certain accent.

Amature, ginger, WC1989 and 2 others like this.
  10. WC1989

Gold Member

Only point I can argue is
    I see a need for self protection. I always carry whether it be on me or concealed ready in my truck. Am I expecting something to happen no, but in a case I'd like to know I can defend myself. I am licensed and educated to carry concealed arms. So please don't say what if you fire and make a mistake. In the time I retrieve, release the safety, aim, and pull I'll be for damned sure. No life should easily be taken, but no life should inappropriately endangered. Is there a need? It's all in personal opinion, but I'm not going to start a pro/anti gun debate.

That and I enjoy the sport of target practice.

#10 WC1989, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    Vman464, Amature, ply and 5 others like this.
  11. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I'm 100% with BC64 on these issues. The most meaningful gift is quality time shared. Material "things" have little significance in the long term but fond memories are everlasting.
    Won't go the firearms issues for fear of starting a war of words but ditto his post too!

anotherguy likes this.
  12. BlueCollar

Gold Member

@BC64 and Bush- I see your point on the guns. I didn't have one for a long time.
    The only reasons I have them now are for security and personal protection. I live in a great neighborhood. Quiet and calm with friendly people who watch out for each other. But such is not the case elsewhere and about a year ago, a bunch of useless assholes started breaking into houses and pulling strong arm robberies on folks in their homes. Homes that were close by. No one was seriously injured, but people were assaulted and tied up while they were being robbed. But it could've been worse...
    I have a beautiful wife and two beautiful girls. And I thought and thought and thought some more. What would happen to us if something like this happened? How would we protect ourselves? With what? It was then that I decided to buy my guns.
    I'm trained and my wife is as well. She's actually a better shot than me. Lol. The guns are locked up and stay that way. But if something should happen there is a plan in place.
    I'll be damned if I let my family end up on a Dateline NBC special.

Amature, Married M Nh and ginger like this.
  13. backcheck64

Gold Member

I don't even lock my house or truck. I caught a friend of a kid down the street going through my glove box, put it this way, I haven't seen him since. I've grown up playing hockey, if you can't knock a guys head in in a few seconds, don't play. I have one gun, a 1913 Enders Oak Leaf that was handed down from my great uncle who actually hunted for food. It hasn't been fired in 15 yrs or so. If you like shooting Bambi, go for it. If you're so scared you have to carry a gun, I pity you. I've traveled this country from coast to coast and never even felt like I needed a gun. I have a beautiful wife, that knows how to fight, and two kids that both play hockey... not even the biggest assholes at their school fucks with them.

14. backcheck64

Gold Member

Sorry, derailed the thread. I would still opt for gift cards.

HotForHoney likes this.
  15. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

A not-so-quick interjection on guns:
    I live in Idaho (where I think they state-issue you a gun on your 18th birthday :p), half my family is from Texas (self-explanatory), and I'm a life member of the NRA (I love the perks even if I disagree with lots of their ideology)...

Having said that - The biggest issue, if you ask me, with guns is that hardly anybody has proper respect for the power that a firearm represents. You end up with idiots thinking guns in real life are like in the movies/TV and nothing could be further from the reality. You have people not using the tool for its intended task - which is to fire bullets... as in to kill things (or for sport such as marksmanship/hunting). If more people had proper teaching and training to appropriately respect and use the power of firearms then they would become a non-issue.

And no I'm not in favor of "assault weapons" and think there should be better regulation on such firearms. Nobody needs a goddamned Kalashnikov laying around for "home defense." A .22LR round is just as deadly at (in-home ranges). The largest caliber of gun I own (for the purpose of personal defense) is a Smith & Wesson .38 Police Special.

Final Note: Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns are tools; nothing more.

Married M Nh and Mikey22 like this.
  16. backcheck64

Gold Member

My sister and brother in law live in Meridian. just outside of Boise, both work in Boise, neither own a gun, and he's born and bread Idaho. They do a lot of camping, hiking, etc, and have never needed a gun.

17. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Hey, I never said anything about need. Objectively there is absolutely no need to own a firearm in modern America or most other places in the 1st World for that matter.
    I, like you, have never felt a need to carry around a gun for protection or anything like that - even when in "shady" or "dangerous" places.

I own firearms for "just in case" scenarios (because I watched too many movies like Red Dawn growing up probably) and for marksmanship/hunting.

I can't stress enough that people need to have more respect for the power of the tool that a gun is. Proper teaching and training and better screening for potential owners... But bans? No.

Also: Meridian is predominantly the Upper Middle Class section of Boise any more. :p

Mikey22 likes this.
  18. WC1989

Gold Member

Oh goodness... Maybe this is why I'm a Scrooge and hate the holidays. Tis the season of bitching and bickering.
    This is evolving to be more like a NRA political campaign commercial.

10_3XL likes this.
  19. WC1989

Gold Member

I picked him up a few other things online that I knew he'd like. I wanted him to have something a little more personal to open as well. But... He also will have a gift card to either Cabelas or Gander.

Married M Nh likes this.
  20. HotForHoney

Gold Member

That didn't last long.

BlueCollar likes this.