It's funny how I find myself.....

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by sandwich, Dec 15, 2012.

1. sandwich

Gold Member

In love with you.

If you add the above four words to the title of this thread then you get the first line of my favorite No Doubt song. Actually, it's a cover of a Talk Talk song (I did not realize this until about five years ago because I was too young to have heard the original). Here it is in case you are interested....

No Doubt - It's My Life - YouTube

It's also funny how I find myself alone right now. So I'm starting a new thread about several things that are sorta kinda related. These things have been floating around in my head for a while, some longer than others, and if you're like me, things start to make more sense when you get them outta your head and onto a screen or piece of paper.

Here are some of the things I've had on my mind...

Bro mances (sorry for the space...this tablet keeps auto correcting to Romances)
    How people differ in what they view as romantic
    Low expectations
    The man (or woman) cave
    Fear of marriage and the unknown
    Two words I may never use again
    Santa Baby
    2012...the year without sex
    Love is all you need...really?
    The thing you do when you wake up the next morning is what really matters
    I could go on

I will probably address the first one in a little bit. It's strange that I already need a break from this thread. Until then I will share one little detail...my bf and my uncle are out on a shopping date...I'm not mad about it....it's just fucking weird.

One last quick thing....please feel free to share things that come to mind but are not on the list.

2. sandwich

Gold Member

You know what? I can't talk about this yet. In the middle of the list are fear of marriage and the unknown and two words I may never use again. The two words, by the way, are always and forever. My breathing is actually a little tense right now.

I hear a dark road calling my name, and I'm feeling a Soundgarden mood coming on...or maybe an Alice in Chains mood. Fuck! I may just listen to Ramble On instead...over and over and over and over and over. I'm thinking I should probably toss a vibrator in my purse.

I'm meeting them for dinner in a little less than three hours. Hopefully that will give me enough time to rid myself of this...whatever the hell it is. What if I don't show up? I could go somewhere and flirt like crazy with all sorts of men and indulge myself in only the most superficial types of conversations.

I wonder where my passport is.....

3. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

Here comes the Rooster...

OH YEAH...

xx

4. mrcock

Gold Member

I don't like marriage, if two are in love, do they need a marriage? though, you was saying you are 30 years old, isn't it? I guess it is the time to give a birth

5. sandwich

Gold Member

"time to give birth"...just one of the things people on this forum talk about that is scaring the shit out of me.

Yep. I am a scared little rabbit. I finally told him I love him on Thanksgiving...was pretty vulnerable on account of losing a family member. It was on October 19th that I confessed it to cyberspace, so it took me a while to get around to it. He told me he loved me in September and that he had loved me for several months before then. That's all fine, but now he's dropping the m word and the k word, and if we hadn't been friends for so long before we started dating, I would be beyond terrified. I guess that makes me just terrified.

The problem with getting married is that marriages end in divorce so often, and the problem with cohabitating is that I don't ever want to do that again after what happened last time. It seems ridiculous to have a life partner who lives somewhere else, so I have become captive by fear and stuck in uncertainty. And I am not the fearful type, so it's all so bizarre, especially considering that I really do think he's the one for me.

If there is anyone out there who has a successful marriage or even a successful very long term cohabitation I would love to hear all about it.

6. suzy7

Gold Member

No, not me, been in a few month thing one time,lol.
    Hi girl, how are you? Been awhile, I have been in Canada a couple of weeks. Burrrrr
    I suppose you are too busy to have followed the NFL this season, me too.
    I think though that there are too many teams still in it but some
    of the better ones starting to win .
    Those f$#king Pats still winning, , They had the easiest schedule this year.
    Wish you luck in long distance relationship,
    suzy xxx

7. sandwich

Gold Member

I'm good, and I have followed my team pretty closely. It's not a long distance relationship, by the way. That was my first relationship. Hope you have a good Christmas!

8. sandwich

Gold Member

I get it now...why I have become so scared. It came to me this morning. I think I mentioned this as one of the things that piss me off on the things that piss me off thread.

It's self-focus and/or self-pity. I fucking hate it when I go there, and thank God I didn't let it go on very long. It's been a long time now since I found myself there, and it sort of snuck up on me. When you become self focused then you get scared or end up in some other state you need not be in. You stop being grateful for what you have. It might be Life 101's most important lesson.

Ha! No lectures for me. I have four best friends, and the one in particular lets her mouth fly when she sees one of her friends headed the wrong way. It would have sounded something like this...

"You've got to be fucking kidding me. How many years did I go without a single date? And now here you are little miss always has a date or a boyfriend complaining about not knowing what to do about a man who loves you, the sort of man you've always wanted. Are you crazy? Don't go and mess this up. Stop thinking of yourself so much and get a grip."

She can be mouthy but I love her. It's a good thing her husband knew all about her way with words before they got married. The above is a pretty good representation of what she would have said, but it might have been even harsher. So now I've said it to myself. I will probably have to repeat it daily for a while.

So now....let's get off this and go to one of the other topics on my list. I think right now I would be interested to hear what you and your SO do for ROMANCE. I'm curious about these things because I think my idea of romance is a little different from the norm, but maybe I will find out otherwise. Meanwhile, I will remember to just breathe.....

9. sandwich

Gold Member

I am quitting this thread....have my head back in order. I might address one or two items individually at some point.

10. redics_girl

redics_girl Active Member

I have him wash my hair... its so relaxing and stimulating at the same time. when we do actually get the chance for a date, we wander around Ann Arbor (we live in Michigan, and AA is home to the University of MI, TONS of stuff to wander and do). Find a unique city and just wander. you will be suprised at what you find when you take your time.