is this "rude"?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by fstep, Mar 15, 2007.

1. fstep

fstep Banned

ok i went out with this girl i knew from many years ago but haven't seen since, had a good date, hooked up, etc after she left we were texting back and forth and when she asked what i thought of her and i said:
    "i think you turned out very nicely and hopefully we hang out again soon" for some reason she found the turned out very nicely part rude anyone see something i don't???

2. heelfetish

Gold Member

I probably wouldn't be offended by that, in the right context. But I think I can see how someone would misunderstand what you're trying to say and take offense. I guess it's just another example of how your true meaning can be lost through written words. It's probably best to stick with face-to-face communication whenever possible. :)

3. loveit247

Gold Member

Men are so insensitive. There is no way I can even begin to explain to you why, it is just not nice to say that to someone you slept with. It is like telling your girlfriend you are fond of her.

4. hoochie_boochie

hoochie_boochie New Member

Might hae been taken like "you used to be a dag but know not so much". Don't know otherwise

5. indagroove

indagroove New Member

You made a comparison answer, as in you though she wasn't going to be fun, BUT ... she turned out different than you expected....

Your answer needs to be an absolute…..

The correct answer would have been: "I really enjoyed our time together I had an awesome time, and look forward to seeing you again" If she is looking for more affirmation than that, then you need to run away.

Use simple direct answers. you are male, so she shouldn't expect much :)

And on that note, you need to fix you little tongue twist. Talk to her and just humble yourself, and say “sometimes my tongue gets twisted and my words do not come out right. I was just so charged up my head was spinning at the thought of being with you.”

Never compare her with anyone, and even with a preconceived notion in your own mind.

And lastly, sometimes you are not meant to win.... they will be no correct answer...

6. Bluesy

Gold Member

It just goes to show that if you don't want to know the answer, don't ask the question! :rofl

She wanted to know that she knocked your socks off. If she didn't, she didn't. There's no reason why you should feel compelled to stroke her ego.

7. SexyScorp

Gold Member

"Turned out very nicely"

Is the kinda phrase my mother would have used....it wouldnt do anything for me...

Maybe next time you say some of the things the guys above suggested...

There was an English comedian who used to have a catchphrase "turned out nice again aint it" haha......it reminds me of that...

If it was me I would like to hear "wow....you rocked woman"

or something similar...

Good luck....live and learn...

:)

8. Elvis

Elvis Member

Language is a weird animal and few of us are able to express ourselves well
    and sometimes the harder we try, the worse it sounds. There's also the
    reader to consider, how will they interpret the words we write that we may
    consider reasonable?

Texting is an abomination IMO, but even here on a forum it's not always
    possible to make things clear enough for everyone to understand what we're
    trying to say. Twisting words is so easily done by ill considered interpretation.

9. HardRocker

Gold Member

At least here in the forum we have emoticons, which add somewhat to what we're trying to say. I still under use them :shrug, so I'm possibly misunderstood frequently :coocoo . I don't think emoticons are available on cell phones.

10. Havok

Havok New Member

I agree with what has already been said. I don't think that most people would find it rude. At the same time, it isn't always easy to fully understand what someone means in a text. It is easy to misunderstand a text because you can't hear the person say it. I would just try to explain to her what you meant and hope that she understands that you meant no harm by it...