Is this okay to wear at a wedding?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mrmusicmr, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrmusicmr

mrmusicmr New Member

I have only been to one wedding in my life, and this will be my second. Last time, my family criticized me for wearing such a dark color to a wedding (it was navy blue). So this time, I thought that I would ask for some advice.
    I was going to wear a purple cocktail dress, but I had a short notice that the wedding colors are silver, white, and pink. I'm kinda helping out so I thought that I would match the wedding color but I only have one dress that matches the color.
    There wasn't a notice that the wedding was formal but it is during the early evening, so I might be able to pull this off but I also didn't want to be over-dressed. Do you think that it's okay to wear or should I just go with a purple cocktail(a bit less formal)?

#1 mrmusicmr, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
  2. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Is there a bigger pic? from the distance it looks nice.

but to a wedding you can't go wrong with a cocktail dress and purple is a lovely colour.

EDIY: just read that there was a colour theme pardon my ignorance.

3. AGFUNK

Gold Member

Well I don't know if you would actually look good in a dress at a wedding. Not that I have anything against men in dresses. (I actually find it quite hot when my husband dresses in one for me. ) And no I didn't actually look at the dress seeing as I don't like clicking on outside links.

Also might be a good idea to go with the colors for the wedding.

4. Maverick

Maverick Member

Umm.......well, if you are a guy wearing a dress to a wedding, that'll be nice. If you're a gal wearing that dress to a wedding, it's gonna be fine. ;)

5. Meee

Gold Member

LOL. The spammers are getting careless.

6. octavius

Gold Member

It looks nice to me. I don't really understand the dark thing you family was complaining about. I've been to a ton of weddings and lots of ladies wear dark dresses....black even (always looks nice :p). The only time I ever heard complaints (and it was from other ladies not the guys) was when the dress was so skimpy/revealing the woman was falling out of her dress.

7. igor

Gold Member

If you are just attending the wedding and not a part of the actual wedding party/ceremony then they have no reason to dictate what anyone should wear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.