Is there anyone that doesn't like sex?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Makesmewonder, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Makesmewonder

Makesmewonder New Member

Anyone in the world? Even the most conservative people, end up being complete animals in bed. I can't imagine someone not liking sex at all...

2. Dreama

Gold Member

Well broaden your horizons, because there are many people who aren't that into it. Sometimes, a traumatic experience puts them off and they don't want to have sex. Others think it's dirty, and even still, some just plain old don't like to bother with it. Look around here. There are many sad tales about how someone's so/spouse won't have sex with them anymore, etc.

3. BassDude

BassDude New Member

If you take all the cultural influences away, I'd say "no, there's not a single person who doesn't like sex (barring some kind of medical condition or psychological trauma that makes it physically or emotionally painful)".

When you dump in all the cultural and historical religious influences in, I think that's where things get a little fucked up. In our Victorian-influenced culture, most women are "taught" that they shouldn't like and enjoy sex, while most men are "taught" they should get and enjoy all the sex they can from any possible source. Can you tell I really dislike double-standards? It just shouldn't be that way, but it is.

Then, throw relationship issues on top of cultural and religious inhibitions...a healthy relationship will usually (not always) have a healthy sex life as well, I believe. If the sex life is bad or non-existent, that's probably not such a good sign (although I think there are plenty of exceptions). Of course, maybe my view is skewed here...my wife and I have always had a good sex life.

One of the best quotes I've seen is this: Sex is adult playtime. That says a lot doesn't it? It's playtime, make it fun, enjoyable, sensual, hot, nasty...whatever gets you and your partner the most enjoyment on any particular day.

BD

4. rugbylad82

rugbylad82 New Member

i would say that dreama and BD are both right. In my opinion it is unlikely that anyone has a natural born dislike for sex, it could only ever come from an experience in there life or medical reason, both of which can be helped/cured in more cases than not.

5. Katprr

Katprr New Member

Couldn't have said it any better, BassDude and Dreama!!:bow:cheer

6. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I'm sure there are people who dislike sex out there because I used to be one of them. The reason for this was because sex was not pleasurable for me. It was a chore. Having sex entailed lying there, spreading my legs, and allowing myself to be penetrated without any preparation whatsoever. It felt like being rubbed with sandpaper. My ex-boyfriend never made any effort to pleasure me. He'd grunt and sweat over me until he was finished. I endured it because once the chore was over he wouldn't pester me for any more "sex" for about a week.

Well, needless to say I have a different partner now and I love sex.

The question of whether we are normal has been asked before, but not satisfactorily answered. Keep in mind that we all love having sex and talking about sex so much that we joined a sex discussion forum, so perhaps we are a bit biased. :)

7. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Wow, PIB...I'm so sorry you had to endure that. That's just not the way it should be. I'm glad that your sex life is much better now. What was that thread about "selfish in the bedroom = selfish in the rest of your life"?

BD

8. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Me... :shifty

9. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

My ex used to like it.

Then we got married. She still liked it, but not nearly as much.

Then we had a child. She never seemed to want it after that. She did seem to enjoy it when we did it. I mean she'd orgasm and really go crazy, but she never wanted to have sex. We talked about a divorce, or at least I did, so she finally says, "Divorce me now or make me pregnant," because we'd wanted two children.

Well, given the opportunity to have sex on a regular basis for awhile, I was swayed away from the divorce idea. Shit! Knocked her up the first month!

By the time our youngest had started school, we'd quit sex completely. We got along fine as friends, just as long as I didn't ask any personal questions or want any lovin. I liked her; she liked me; we were good buds -- companions.

At one point I said, "Look, it's been 10 years since we had sex. Couldn't we just try it again once?"

She thought about it for a few seconds, then replied, "No, you wouldn't be satisfied; you'd just want it again." (I finally divorced her after the youngest went away to college.)

I say she didn't like sex.

Although... during the divorce she told me she'd never marry again, but she was remarried within a year, and they're still together 15 years later. I've wondered many times whether or not they have a sex life.

10. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

What the fuck? :ugh

11. On_Top

On_Top New Member

I'm sure everyone likes sex, however there are certain moments when it feels like they do not, for one reason or another.

12. Dreama

Gold Member

Exactly my sentiments.

13. Vanja

Vanja New Member

I believe everyone likes sex if they have the right partner (meaning, they have matching pheromones). Unless they don't like sex because of trauma like rape and stuff like that like mentioned above.

14. Jessie

Jessie New Member

I'm with PIB's sentiment. If there are people that genuinely don't like sex I reeeeeally doubt you would find them here!!!!!

15. cook74

Gold Member

Get with the real world people. This shit happens...

It ain't good but it is very fucking real...:(

16. Dreama

Gold Member

Hence the resounding WTF. It's just very sad.

17. heelfetish

Gold Member

Very sad indeed. I couldn't imagine my life without sex. I know I'm not getting as much as I'd like, but I'm still getting some.

18. Dreama

Gold Member

Indeed. A bit of the connection I have to my hubby is through sex. If that were eliminated, I don't know that I could feel all that loved, because between he and I, love is exchanged through sex as well as in other places.

19. qcumbr1

qcumbr1 New Member

My EX-wife hates it...key word = EX

20. mitchylicious18

mitchylicious18 New Member

Everyone of us needs sexual pleasure, we just want or need something that satisfies our sexual desires. Not all people in this world wants to have sex everyday or eager to have sex, especially conservative people who just want to have sex after marriage. Others doing it as a habit or getting addicted into it.