is there a nice way to say it?

Discussion in 'Sexual Foreplay and Techniques' started by phantom76, May 7, 2006.

1. phantom76

phantom76 New Member

Hi all, Anyone have any ideas on how to tell my girl friend of almost a year that she has a bad odor down below? She has been wanting me to go down on her for a while now (And I really want to), But the problem is when I went to she has a really bad case of B.O and that's even after a bath. You can imagine how much of a turn off that was. Anyway anyone have any suggestions of how to handle this one in a nice way so as not to hurt feelings?

2. Thorn

Gold Member

That's one you'll have to handel with kid gloves. You don't want her to find out and make her think that she will always be gross down there and never want to let you try again.

There are several threads on S. F. where the guys want to go down on their woman and the girls think the guys are crazy to want it that way. The problem with the women is usually the fact that they can't convince themselfs that they are or can be clean enough down there.

That said, the only advive I can give you is that you need to tactfully tell her and ask her to do something about it. You know her personallity and temperment better than any one on the forums so just think about that and good luck. I'm sure you will get other member's help too.

BTW - WELCOME to Selual Forums!!:cool

3. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Hmm..it sounds to me like your girlfriend may have an inner-vaginal infection that's making her smell bad down there. There is a condition known as bacterial vaginosis and it's what causes the infamous 'fishy pussy' smell. There is more information about that here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacterial_vaginosis This condition is easily treatable with antibiotics so maybe you could start sneaking some penicillin into her food....j/k

A woman's vagina isn't supposed to smell bad. Most guys rather enjoy the smell, especially when the woman is really horny. There's really no delicate way of talking about it, so I'd recommend you come right out and say it and suggest she make a doctor's appointment. I think the initial embarrassment will wear off soon, and she'll probably be grateful that you said something instead of letting the problem continue. Good luck. :)

4. shorty

shorty New Member

I have known some girls who had some problems with odor quite often and it wasn't because of an infection. Some girls just have that more than others. You can tell her to try Summer's Eve Feminine Wash. That seemed to help some of my friends who had problems with that in the past. There are also Feminine wipes that can help inbetween showering.

5. Kisses

Kisses New Member

I'm with Puss_in_boots on this one. Yeah it is going to probably be hard to bring up, but like Puss said, she will be grateful in the end. So just find the time to say something. Good Luck!

6. Jayce

Gold Member

I wonder if flavored lubricant would help? I just bought some on amazon.com the other day... should be here tomorrow.

Going back on topic more, I'd kind of do one last "test" on this subject. Have a nice intimate bath together (I know you said you did) but after you soap her up, use your hands a little bit and try your best to get a little soap in that entire area. Maybe when she had the bath before, not much of the soap got beyond the outside of it?

From experience, I've found that in the shower, if I lather up my girlfriend, have her rinse off, and when perform oral on her, I literally taste NOTHING.

7. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Hi Phantom,
    I believe both Puss in Boots and Kisses are most probably right on the money with this one. Go see the suggested sites.

My professional background is pathology including medical microbiology and as result see a lot of this common complaint which is caused by the organism called Garderella vaginalis and possibly in conjunction with other anaerobic microbes which are the causative agents of the condition known as bacterial vaginosis.
    This can be transmitted sexually but is not considered an STD as such.
    The smell is distinctly fishy and quite foul.
    It is easily treatable with antibiotics directed at anaerobes such as Metronidazole and Penicillin G.

If this is in fact the case here, I can understand your reluctance at going down on your G/F!
    She should see a doctor or Gynecologyst and have a swab for Gram stain, a smear done for culture and at the same time it would be a good idea to have a PAP smear performed.

In my "recreational" experiences women can vary greatly in their natural scent ranging from virtually none, to sweet, aromatic, spicy, to slightly pungent. If it smells "bad" then there is likekly to be something wrong.
    Hope this helps.

8. zelenka_rose

zelenka_rose New Member

A lot of girls have odor at least some of the time. And a lot of us are self-conscious about it. It can be caused by a lot of things, such as diet (just like with guys) or an infection. One thing she can try is douching, but do it sparingly because it washes out natural secretions and can be dangerous to her vaginal health. As for what you can do about it, not much. Talk to her (gently). Chances are, she's already aware of it. What can help is that she go to a gynecologist, discuss the problem and see if there are any solutions.

9. bunnycat

bunnycat New Member

That is all great advice I can`t add anything.

10. SonReadThis

SonReadThis New Member

uhhm wow i don't have anything to contribute but this is all good info. I haven't had this problem but i believe i would just tell her and take a slap :lol