Is the female teacher abusing the teen boy?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by JuicyB, May 9, 2008.

1. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

I've seen 2 high profile cases where young women teachers, mid 20s, have been busted for having sex with an underage male student. In at least 2 of the cases, to me the teachers seemed very good looking; above average.

To me it seems like the guys were not really abused. I bet they bragged about it to their friends! I agree that the adult teacher was out of line, and should be penalized. But I do NOT think it as bad as if the sexes had been inversed.

2. ducktales

ducktales New Member

Its only abuse/rape because the kids are well underage. If they were 18+ it wouldn't get reported.

3. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

If it was a male teacher having sex with an underage female student, then we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

4. ducktales

ducktales New Member

yeah we would and it would still be rape/abuse and more than likely it would have been much worse situation.

5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

What I mean is that we wouldn't even be asking the question of whether it was "really" abuse if it was a male teacher abusing an underage female student. This is because there'd be absolutely no question and no doubt whatsoever that it was abuse.

6. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I think there are instances when regardless of the gender, the minor honestly cared for the adult and desired the sexual encounter(s) - and likewise, the adult genuinely cared for the minor. In these high-profile cases, there is no mention of force, fear or physical harm.

The problem lies in that the adult is savvy to the laws, and is expected to make an adult decision accordingly, sans emotional or libido input. The student is considered not able to make an intelligent decision concerning all the ramifications involved.

Also, there's the added fact that the 'teacher' is an authority over the student and is basically considered a 'protector' while under his/her care.

So, in these cases in the news, the 'abuse' is seen as an emotionally dysfunctional abuse. And it's based solely on age - and what constitutes 'legal age of consent'. There are instances, such as Professor/college student, Colonel/Private, etc, where legal issues have been applied. These people are obviously all of concensual age, but the "Authority" issue is what comes into play in those cases.

It does seem that we rather smirk at the "poor" teenage boy who has sex with a drop-dead gorgeous teacher - yet we scowl when the table is turned. Gender inequality, at it's best :ugh

7. cook74

Gold Member

When I was doing prac teaching while I was at Uni I was taught from day dot... that teacher/student relationships are out of bounds.

This is all because of your position. Authority. Once you are in that position you are to blame for all transgressions. This works both ways. For those young ladies that had sex with young male students and with studly looking male teachers that have done the same with their female students.

When you are in a position of authority you should not take advantage. That is the law.

And the law rarely cares if the youngster did not see it that way.

I have seen relationships continue after the teacher has been released and I have seen others get fuck all punishment (appart from the press splashing their story around the world.)

Which ever way it goes, the person in controll should have known better, and are at fault. :tsktsk

8. Master9804

Gold Member

I dated a teacher is High school. At the time I never saw it as abuse and to this day I don,t. I was old enough to know what I was doing and what she was doing. It,s the law that see,s it that way and it,s mainly cause of the authority the teacher has.

If it is happening during school time I can see the laws point. But if it,s after school and the person is legal consent. Personally it,s their business. But I know the law and a few people don,t see it the same. I just don,t like getting up in other peoples business.

I had a teacher is high school that was seeing a girl. She was legal consent but he was fired. They got married later and have been for 10 years now.

9. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

I have taught and you have completely missed the point Juicy B. To begin with if it was a female student I bet you would not ask the question so why the double standard? Furthermore to state,
    what proof based do you have based on the articles that they bragged about it? How do you know that they were not devastated by the experience? Based on your statements your reply would be because they were male?

Second point in many of the high profile cases the teacher committed statutory rape or sometimes referred to as sex with an underage minor which is a crime. Regardless of how it affected them it is still a crime. If I remember correctly it is a crime in some States for teachers to have inappropriate relationships with students. Finally even if the child was of age for consent the teacher / student relationship is a power relationship where the student’s academic success or failure resides with the grade that the teacher gives them. That teacher had a lot of control and power over them including their future careers. Due to their inappropriate relationship the teachers have opened up the school districts for a large negligence lawsuit which the students are well within their rights to file in regard to this incident.

To state that they were probably not as affected as a female student due to the fact they were, as you imply, horny male teenagers is insulting, offensive, and their experience should not be considered any less traumatic due to the fact they are male. The teachers acted violated the trusts of the students, abused their relationship with them, acted outside of District policy, most likely violated criminal law, and opened themselves along with their respective school districts to a lawsuit. Theses teachers unfortunately give teaching a bad name and with any luck they will never teach again.

10. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Did you see the Florida teacher's pic?

Well I recall another case in the press where a guy tried to sue a woman for rape. The judge threw it out of court and said that rape was a "male prerogative"! If the guy can get it up and in, how is he getting raped?

And did you see the Florida teacher? She was beautiful! Maybe the kid ended up with some delusions of grandeur, and a bit of peer group friction, but I doubt he suffer that much!

11. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Doesn't...

...that alone make the argument for having this discussion? Male teachers banging a 15 year old coed is no more, hence no less, appropriate than a female teacher going to town with a 15 year old boy, yet are we actually sending female teachers to jail for something ANY 15 year old boy would love to be a 'victim of' in pursuit of some sort of equal justice argument or for honest reasons of law?

Are 15 year old girls actually 'victims'? No 15 year old boy is.

I mean, what is the issue here? To me, it is poor judgement on the part of the teacher's here. How come they aren't engaged in adult relationships? And what does the answer to that question convey to their abilities as 'teachers'?

I can tell you as the father of three girls, high school girls have the bodies, obviously, but they are children. I'd down to my youngest and I have a steady stream of beautiful young girls through my house. There is no sexual attraction. There just isn't. They're kids! I mean, come on. Every one of us guys just knew Ms. English teacher, when we were in 11th grade, secretly wanted us. We were young studs, sophisticated, worldly and any woman would obviously want us. Thus the state of our immaturity.

Back in the day, while we were fantasizing about our own grossly inflated desirability, the girls knew which teachers to be wary of. Isn't that part of growing up, learning awareness, learning to look after yourself? It's not like the only adults turned on by kids are to be found in school and that's it.

So, OK, we send an adult with their own immaturity's off to jail. For what? Is there actually harm done? Speaking for the 15 year old 'super stud' lobby; Thank you, may I have another?

12. Dreama

Gold Member

I think in either case, it's very wrong, no matter how it affected the child- good, bad, or neutral. The question at hand is rather irrelevant, I think.

13. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

If the abused student is a female and the abuser is a male, I think the punishment should be way harsher! Women (girls) are more vulnerable, and the harm done by a man is far worse! In my opinion.

14. Dreama

Gold Member

I wasn't that venerable when I was in high school. Don't you just love sexism? For boys, nobody gives a crap, but when girls enter the picture it's flat out abuse. The punishment should be the same, I say.

15. heelfetish

Gold Member

Ditto. Sexism works both ways.

16. starberry

starberry New Member

I feel very strongly on this from personal experience. The underage does not exist to be annoying to people, it exists because underage people are children and do not have the mental capacity to make that choice. If an older person manipulates a child into sex it is disgusting, whether that is a woman or a man. It is definately abuse.

17. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I agree with others here, somewhat, that there are degrees of abuse. But it's all abuse, even if it's a 17-year-old boy having sex with his 21-year-old teacher (at least in most states). Sure he likes it. Sure he's the envy of his friends. He might not "suffer" long lasting effects either, but we don't know that. Would you feel differently if it was a 13-year-old boy and a 30-year-old teacher? What if the teacher was also male?

Lawmakers have established the rules. If you think they need refinement, give your local legislator a call. Until they're changed everyone needs to abide by them.

Personally, I think it's worse for a 50-year-old guy to seduce an 18-year-old, but that's perfectly legal. And as far as I know, it's also legal to have "consensual" sex with a mentally handicapped adult who might have the mentality of a 10-year-old. (I'll let Bluesy check that one out.) ;)

18. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

What happened?

Were you abused?

19. BassDude

BassDude New Member

One of our neighborhood teenagers is a 18 year old young lady who is either lesbian or bi-sexual (she thinks...I'm not sure she really knows yet). She spent a few nights with us while her parents were out of town and she had just broken up with her girl-friend. From advising this young lady and listening to her talk, it's so obvious to me that she's a CHILD in a young woman's body. She's still emotionally a child, even at 18. I don't think she can make decent decision as an 18 year old. I wouldn't expect a 15 yeard old boy or girl to be able to make reasonable and well thought-out decisions at all. Anyone of a greater age (even 21 or so) would be taking advantage of the person. The punishment should be the same regardless of whether it's female teacher/male student or vice versa.

BD

20. bucky

bucky New Member

As the parent of 5 grown kids, when I sent them to school I expected the teacher to teach them the schools' curriculum which I am quite sure did not include 1 on 1 sex education. This woman is dead wrong and should be punished severely for her actions.
    There is a certain amount of trust that parents have with instructors and she violated that trust to the nth degree.
    Having said that, when I was in school we had the hottest English teacher in the world. I'm sure she was the highlight of many a wet dream, but she conducted herself in a proper manner and was never alone with any male students. 15 year old boys are walking hormones and it is easy for a predator, and that is what she is, to take advantage of them.