Is The Budweiser Guy Into My Gay Friend?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Kermit, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

I used to work with a guy whose orientation was no secret, he was very openly gay. I mention this because of his dilemma, he's nervous that if he's wrong that it would create an uncomfortable atmosphere and cost him his job perhaps, remember this is this is the south, i've always thought it took courage to be an openly gay black man in customer service in the south. He left to manage a store of his own and I've since then have left the state and changed jobs. We still keep in touch and last week he asked me if the Budweiser Delivery Guy (whom he thinks is cute) is into him. I asked hiim what gave him the impression. He told how he seems to flirt with him and pat him on the back, just very touchy feely. I wasn't sure cause some people are friendly, but not sure how many str8 guys would be that friendly with a guy who very much sends huge bips into gaydar. I mean Stevie Wonder could see these blips. But today we talked and he revealed that when he told hte Vendor that his wrist was sore, he grabbed his wrist and massaged it. Needless to say he enjoyed it very much, but he's still not sure if the vendor is into guys. I told him I don't know of any str8 guy that is that friendly and probably likes him. I think he's into him and want to encourage him in hopes he'll find happiness and a free supply of Bud Lime. But what do y'all think, should i encourage him to ask the vendor out (or at least if he's into guys) or wait for more info to come out? Or would it be bad advice to encourage him?

#1 Kermit, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  2. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

I'd say to ask him out as friends..

if he asks him out acting like friend to friend.. "hey man, we should go watch (insert ball game playing on tv) @ (insert local sports bar with huge tv) tonight" - there is NO risk of losing his job that way and could always see how it goes

3. Texas_Red

Gold Member

This sounds like a winning strategy to me.

4. blondi

blondi Member

i agree with jdg...however...if your friend is friendly enough with this guy to get a wrist massage, im sure hes friendly enough to ask what beer guy and beer guys gf are doing for new years? or something of that nature...and hopefully the dude says "gf? what gf?" i mean, ive known gay guys still in the closet and dating girls...but if beer guy has a gf then...kind of an indicator...if the coast is clear, a beer at the game sounds good to me =)