Is sex....

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by ginger, Apr 16, 2014.

1. ginger

Gold Member

Is sex better when there's an emotional link/in love with the person?

Everyone's thoughts ?

2. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Short answer yes. It's more fulfilling emotionally.

I've had bad sex when I was emotionally involved and good sex when I wasn't.

Sometimes you just need to get laid, but it's not as satisfying as it could be with an emotional connection too

ginger likes this.
  3. AGFUNK

Gold Member

From someone that's had a lot of partners, yes the sex is extremely better when there is love between me and the other person. My best sex has been with my husband. Before that it was with someone else I loved. The random in between were ok.

4. JonJo

Gold Member

Hard to describe/quantify the meaning of better, even to describe the meaning of sex, they can vary dependant on what you are 'after'.

I've had some very intense fucks, the relieve and release from which were fantastic but that's all there was - it was over and literally 'done' - even with people I've 'cared for'.
    I've had some emotional filled 'love making', the relieve and release from which were fantastic but after there was a deep emotional connection besides the actual physical.
    I much prefer the emotional because you don't only join physically but there is an emotional joining. If minds as well as bodies can join and share, if you become almost 'one' and not just two separate bodies 'going at it', that's the best.
    My rule of thumb - if you pull out almost straight away it was sex; if you want to linger and savour the mutual 'after-glow' it was love making. The 'actions' during either can be the same but the mental 'relief and 'release' as well as the physical vary vastly.

One of my more serious posts.

CaramelLady likes this.
  5. Toys For Straight Men

I find that love gives an extra kick and satisfaction to sex. Usually, I wouldn't be satisfied if I didn't cum if I was having sex with someone I didn't love. But on the other hand, with love, the pleasure is more than just physical - it's mental, and I can be satisfied by just knowing that I have satisfied my love.

6. EmmaB

EmmaB Member

Sex is good but sex when there is a connection is great!

AtkCCC, luvbug, JonJo and 2 others like this.
  7. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Like said before, you casn have good sex with or without an emotional connection.
    For me there needs to be a certain attraction and wanting sex with that person to enjoy it.
    Not only about the looks, I even had a first hand confirmation on that.
    So yes, less than perfect looks can get you sexual happiness too. Never mind the models and barbies if one thinks this is what makes sex the best.

8. CaramelLady

There is an intensity involved when there is an emotional link or love.

There is the tender exquisiteness of looking into the eyes of the man you love as he makes loves to you, the deep kisses as he moves into your body.

If the sex is hard and deep, and kind of rough it is an expression of his unbridled passion for you. Your mutual lust and desire. The need, the hunger you have for each other.

A good fuck can is satisfying without the emotional connection. A good fuck with the emotional connection is a wondrous thing. Satisfying not only your physical need, it feeds your entire being.

loves2ride, AtkCCC, oldkinky and 5 others like this.
  9. lbushwalker

Gold Member

What about the reverse, can love also get in the way of greater sex?
    Personally I believe that it cuts both ways and it all depends on each indivudual situation.

ginger likes this.
  10. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I'd say that it is definitely better if there's emotional involvement of some sort - unless all you are looking for is to in essence use another for what equates to masturbation. (If that makes ANY sense.)
    The flip side would have to be that if there is an involvement then you get far more concerned about performance and things like that. So it can be a bit double-edged.
    Still, overall, I'd say that having an emotional link/love is important and good to have.

CaramelLady, JonJo and ginger like this.
  11. luvbug

Gold Member

Yes. Personally I won't have sex if feelings aren't there and returned

CaramelLady likes this.
  12. Ra1nb0wUnderwear

Gold Member

I'd say it depends what you're seeking. I've had great sex/orgasms with people I loved/cared about, as well as with people who were merely a sex toy at that point. Each situation has its perks.

JonJo and CaramelLady like this.
  13. 12barblues

Gold Member

I think open communication is the most important precursor to great sex. And you normally have that in a " relationship".. You can have great intensity with fuck buddies. But that knowledge of your partners wants and desires... Comes from a relationship.

JonJo and CaramelLady like this.
  14. CaramelLady

Words of wisdom

15. AtkCCC

Gold Member

Sums it up nicely!

16. xeniadraven

Gold Member

I'd say yes as you will be more in tune with the other person, however sex for sex sake can also be good!

My personal opinion is that to make love is much more fulfilling :)