Is sex awkward if you are overweight?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by bt1257, May 4, 2012.

1. bt1257

bt1257 Member

Is sex very awkward for people like myself that are obese? Is it possible to have normal sex?

2. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

That depends on just how obese you really are. I classify as clinically obese but I've never had any problems and I can outlast my thin partner. Some people who are morbidly obese would find their choice of positions limited.

3. bt1257

bt1257 Member

I have a BMI of 31 so I am not morbidly obese, just slightly obese. I am still very worried that my weight will be a problem.

4. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

My BMI is currently around 30 but has been higher, and I've never had any limitations at all due to my weight.

I've been with men of different sizes from skeletal to mildly obese and never noticed any issues other than the skinniest partner was the "heaviest" when he was on top due to not supporting his own body weight very well.

5. cbrmale

Gold Member

I have attended gang bangs which had a range of men and women, from slim like me to obese. Obesity means a severely diminished length of penis as the penis is anchored inside the body and stomach fat then reduces its effective length. Most obese guys I saw had a usable length of about 4", which seem to make thrusting unsatisfying. Their thrusting with short, little strokes certainly looked unsatisfying.

I can and sometimes do get enthusiastic and vigorous, but I know that obese guys couldn't keep up what I sometimes do, and use the positions I sometimes use.

There were some obese women at these gang bangs too, but I always had sex with CJ who is in great demand, but who likes my style and size.

6. PrincessGx

PrincessGx New Member

I'm a bigger woman but fit and flexible due to sport teen years, I have a higher stamina that most of my partners and have never had any limitations :D

7. ranger12

ranger12 New Member

So CBRMALE,

If I am "classified" as obese, I am 6'4 330lbs, my penis measures 6.5". So are you saying that I could easily be 8" plus if I wasn't "overweight"?

8. cbrmale

Gold Member

Average penis length is 5.75", the men I saw who were obese were about 4" to maybe 4.5", so you could well be 7.5" (but not 8" plus from what I saw). The obese men I saw had shorter penises erect than I have flaccid. At the same gang bang I saw a couple of slim Indian men who were 8" plus (they had no trouble scoring the hottest woman either).

The bigger issue beyond penis length or sex is health, and there was a long discussion about this some time ago. I work in pathology, and in Australia there is currently an epidemic of type 2 diabetes. At work we get tens of glucose load tests each week, which are used as the entry point for subsidised diabetes care.

I am type 1 diabetic and I wouldn't wish diabetes on my worst enemy, and mine is easily managed with insulin and exercise because I have a mid-point BMI. Obesity-related diabetes is much harder to manage because diabetes cannot be controlled, even with insulin, without a minimum of 30 minutes exercise each and every day. In my case the two work hand-in-hand: insulin dose based on the meal I am about to consume coupled with regular exercise (and swimming laps twice a week).

I can guess how much an inch is because I use the length of my thumb as a guide, but I can't guess how much 330lbs are, so you may have to give me that in International sizing (I am 168cm and 60kg).

9. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

Online conversion chart tells me that 330lbs is 149.69kgs. :eyes

I am surprised that as you are older than me that you don't relate to both metric and Imperial as many Australians of my generation can.

#9 Dragon_Fire, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  10. Lover4You

Lover4You New Member

Yes, husband is technically obese but not morbidly obese. It does limit the positions he can do with me. :( sad. And his dick is def shorter than it would be if he didn't have an oversized stomache in the way. I think being obese for women is a little differ for men when it comes to sex.

11. cbrmale

Gold Member

150kgs is almost as heavy as my 900cc motorcycle, and it's built for cruising comfort in preference to light-weight performance!

No, I can't relate to non metric measurements. Australia went metric when I was 12 through 16 and I just can't remember before then. How far is a mile? Don't know. How heavy is a pound? Don't know. A yard is a metre, more or less, a ton is similar to a tonne, my thumb is about 2 inches and that's about the extent of it.

12. cbrmale

Gold Member

There's this problem too:

Obesity lowers testosterone levels

Testosterone is not only our prime sex drive hormone, it also has a part to play in erectile capacity. Because I'm diabetic I get my testosterone measured every year, and because of my general good health and exercise regime my testosterone levels (total and free) are about average for a 25 year old male.

This means more energy, vitality, drive, ambition, better muscle definition and higher sex drive.

13. Capewildog

Capewildog New Member

I read once that you lose 1 inch for every 10lbs over "normal" weight - so lose 30lbs and gain 3 inches!

14. LS69

LS69 Member

thanks for providing the link. It was a very interesting read.