Is Ryan Freezin' His Butt Off?!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HerHubby, Nov 30, 2006.

1. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

I'm seeing weather stories about how the State of Washington is getting a lot of snow! Wonder if Ryan is freezing his geek butt off or if he is cozied up with a big boobed lady drinking hot chocolate and doing some, uh, "sword practice", uh, so to speak?! Hang in there Ryan!!

Snowy Northwest Facing a New Snowstorm
    November 30, 2006 1:04 AM EST
    SEATTLE - A new storm headed into Washington state Wednesday as the region shivered in the aftermath of unusually heavy rain and snow that caused traffic nightmares and power outages.

The stormy weather has been linked to two deaths in Washington, and another snowstorm in Colorado has been blamed for at least five deaths.

A winter storm that weather officials are calling "very rare" in its makeup blew across Kansas, bringing with it the first significant ice and snow of the season and contributing to a fatal car accident on the Kansas Turnpike.

The National Weather Service issued a winter storm warning for much of the state through Friday morning as the system moved across the Midwest. Up to 12 inches of snow was possible in some portions of eastern Kansas.

Winter storm warnings were issued for much of Washington into Thursday with up to a foot of new snow possible in the Cascade Range. One to 6 inches was predicted for the central Puget Sound area, including Seattle, the National Weather Service said.

While much of the eastern third of the nation basked in readings in the 60s and 50s Wednesday, overnight temperatures in western Washington plunged into the low 20s.

Additional precipitation could break Seattle's one-month precipitation record - 15.33 inches set in December 1933 when the official reporting station was at the old downtown Federal Building. As of early Wednesday the weather service had recorded 15.26 inches for November at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.

Two 16-year-old boys were found dead Tuesday in a garage east of Port Angeles in the Upper Peninsula, apparently the victims of carbon monoxide poisoning. They apparently were trying to refuel a portable generator used to supply power during a storm-caused blackout, said Jim Borte, a spokesman for the Clallam County sheriff's office.

In Colorado, at least five people were dead after a wintry storm dropped up to 2 feet of snow in the mountains and turned the morning commute into an icy crawl for drivers in Denver, Colorado Springs and Boulder on Wednesday.

Slick roads contributed to the crash of a minivan that authorities suspect was being used to smuggle illegal immigrants Tuesday night about 20 miles west of Denver, leaving four dead and up to 11 injured. The State Patrol initially said weather did not appear to be a factor.

The van lost control on a curve, struck a tree and rolled, the patrol said.

The driver, Jose Francisco Franco-Rodriguez, 23, fled on foot but was captured. He is being held for investigation of human smuggling careless driving resulting in death, Idaho Springs Police Chief Dave Wohlers said.

A 10-year-old boy was killed Tuesday night when a pickup skidded off a snow-packed highway about 55 miles north of Denver and rolled.

World Cup organizers canceled a men's downhill practice at the Beaver Creek resort near Vail, saying the racers - who can exceed 70 mph - couldn't see far enough in the heavy snowfall. They also cited the threat of avalanches.

---

Associated Press Writer Dan Elliott in Colorado contributed to this report.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press.

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Jeez, that's very atypical weather for the Seattle area. I remember a few years ago, winter of '03 to be exact, there was a freak winter storm in Eugene, OR where I was living at the time. Temperatures dropped down to the teens and it dumped snow and rain for several days, which turned into a frozen solid block of ice on the roads. I know this sounds normal for you Midwesterners out there but the Pacific Northwest is a temperate zone and isn't supposed to get really cold and snowy in the wintertime. I'm telling you the Swedish winter I went through last year wasn't as bad as that one in '03.

3. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

It was 17 here yesterday, now it's 37. :D

4. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

37??!! That's still freezing for Seattle. :eek

5. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Well, I hope that you have a "cuddle buddy" to keep you warm! ;)

By the way, I was watching the movie "The Last Samurai", the other day, and it reminded me of you! I figure you look like Tom Cruise wearing the samurai armor!! :lol

6. Bella

Gold Member

I am freezing my butt off & I am in Florida!!
    WTF???
    I moved here to get away from the cold, but I guess I need to move further South!!
    Someone please turn the heat up or bring my warm sunshine back!!
    Grrrrr!!!
    ~Bella