Is it wrong/should you be jealous of SO's flirting on forums such as this?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Tainted, May 16, 2007.

1. Tainted

Tainted Banned

Many people have done it many people do it whats your thoughts on this matter? It isn't about just this forum its about all forums and chatrooms, but more forums as they are left up for everyone to see and are not hidden away in chatlogs.
    Maybe your SO was playing and was just going along with the game and you found out or maybe your the one that plays along.
    Should you be jealous/were you?
    Should they be jealous/were they?
    I'd love to hear peoples views on this matter I know that everyone on here with a SO will have an opinion and even those without should have something to say on the matter
    Tainted.xxx

2. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Wel first off i am a very flirty type of guy, If i was in a relationship (which im not) but have been in the past that actual act of my ex's flirting wasnt something that annoyed me, the thing that did totaly piss me off was finding one of my ex's shagging someone else.

In my youth i was the type that would and has been wit hmarried females, my past is a bit checkered, but on most things i am pretty open minded I like to think.

I guess flirting to me would be harmless if my SO was doing it, because i would know she was with me in body mind and soul, and it would be me making love to her and sharing real time with that person....but to me it would be a whole nother ball game if it because physical in real life....
    Unless she was bisexual and wanted a female lover.

Its a difficult one to give a clear defined answer to, as each situation offers new thoughts (bad or good) and i guess another factor to add in is confidence in the relationship i was in....

3. Tainted

Tainted Banned

Two interesting points but
    firstly:-where do you draw the line then? say in the situation being that she/he had gotten into intimate conversations with a person and they being sexually graphic. Surely if youand you SO are so close then this sort of behavior seems wrong no?
    Secondly:-At what point would it be safe to presume that they may be thinking of being unfaithful? I think plenty of guys and gurls will agree with me when i say its too late after its happened

Tainted.xxx

4. angelbaby

angelbaby New Member

these sites

Well,I am a naturally flirty woman,my husband knew that when we met.He actually is a flirt too,at times.So he doesn't mind,he knows I go on here,lusty,different ones and he isn't jealous.I try to tell him if he wants to he can......:p

5. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

On point 2 thats a defenet given lol....

Point one, its hard to say because i havnt ever been in a relationship were the internet was involved, but have been in them when ex's have been chatted up at a club and pub before, and where they have been flirting with someone else wit hme sitting there.....i dont like it tbh, but it wasnt something that made me nervous simply because i knew it wouldnt go any further than mere flirting chatting.

except for once obviously where a stated in the first reply , where i found her in bed with another guy, i got in a heap of shit for that, the guy got in a heap of pain...and thats why she is my ex...but i know it wasnt all her fault, this isnt to imply anything, except that back then i was far from being a saint ( im not saint these days ) but im not the comlete fucker i was back then either..

I guess also another factor is ( for intrnet ) distance /country

Theres a few other factors as well.....reasons , the why the when the how, the person involved (their reasons motivations hows whys and such)

But at the end of the day i think it boils down to the individual in each case..

another factor is if both of the partners are in the same room together...as i said there are many different factors that are a sum of perhaps the total..

(( By the ways if my wording is a litle scrambled thats due to me being sleep deprived , been up since 10am yesturday morning lol ))

6. Tainted

Tainted Banned

many many situations each different that I myself and close close freinds have been in where the internet is concerned, Ill have to get a few examples up on here sometime, taking the names out of course.
    Tainted.xxx

7. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

The internet it self can be a dangerous place, I know that.
    But then so can everywhere else, I can understand your point of view though, to some it would be classed as cheating as a betrale (spelt wrong im sure hehe)

Would it still be cheating or a betrale if say for instance one party/person, is what could be called a hermit ( im sure being english youll understand the meaning by that word ) i guess in my personal case in point, where im situated at this moment in time , im in a country where i do not know the language well enough to get by, in a small town where most are spanish or french, and i speak niether well enough to hold anything more than a 20 second conversation, it can be extremly difficult to bound or make friendships ....when i lived in england things were a lot diffrent , as i know the language the customs and knew a lot of people, so in a way for me the reason i come to these places and other forums, is to be able to relate and chat with people who speak type in the same language, and i flirt a lot, as i have always been a flirty type of person.theese days it remains online.
    hard to explain in a more defined and accurate way.

My I like females a lot and i mean a lot, friendships with me have mainly been females, lovers mainly female as well, I am friendly perhaps to much so at times, i am overly flirty but not in a nasty way i hope, but my weakness for sure are females in genral.

8. loveit247

Gold Member

I think you should start writing your posts in a more reader friendly manner.

9. socom3mang

socom3mang New Member

agreed

10. Tainted

Tainted Banned

I apologise is it the font? or the size? what?
    Tainted.xxx

11. loveit247

Gold Member

You write everything in bold, underlined and centered. The human brain is programed to read from left to right. Stop trying to be different and use the standard font etc. That way more people would read your posts, right now I don't even try.

12. HouseHunny

HouseHunny New Member

How wierd..My mind must be non-human because I read the post and it didn't bother me.....lol

Regarding the topic at hand. I think it is cheating if you are hiding your actions from your partner. If I post pics..I tell my man. He does not mind me chatting or talking to others because in the end he knows I am his. Even though this is the case, I have a hard time even trying to do that kind of stuff. Maybe it is because I don't feel as if anything is missing in my relationship to where I have to seek flattery elsewhere. He does a good job of making me feel wanted and sexy. However, I on the other hand am not so evolved as he is...lol. I can't stand to see him flirt with any other females. Maybe the standard compliments here and there are ok, but if I found out he was getting too explicit with another female I would flip. Like I said at first especially if he was hiding it. Again with this one...it all goes back to being honest with your partner.

13. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

We're a tolerant and welcoming group lately aren't we? Sorry Tainted, I know this is the second time (at least) that you've been called on your posting manner. Do what you want, I say! Sheesh. Welcome to the group, thank you for your contributions thus far.

14. Chunky

Chunky New Member

Flirting is ok, as long as it doesn't go too far. I'm single coz my ex went too far when she was flirting. She is now in a relationship with the fucker

15. Dreama

Gold Member

Flirting is alright, as long as it's innocent. It's different for every relationship though.If it bothers you, you have to talk to your SO about it and perhaps draw some ground rules. If it's questionable, ask your SO about it, and talk to them. If you are uncomfortable with it, talk to your SO. It's all a matter of communication.

16. Barbwire

Gold Member

Tainted, you started out this thread asking a couple of questions about jealousy, then in subsequent replies you stated how bad internet flirting can be because of ruined lives, then you moved on to offer to share your horror stories.

I am confused, but this looks, to me, like there is no way of answering your first questions without being judged, so I shan't.

Oh, I don't mind bold font or colors, but the underlining was a bit distracting. Thanks for changing it and welcome to the forum. :)

17. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

A little flirting wouldn't both me, but cyber sex normally would. (Normally, because if it was with a random stranger, she didn't divulge her ID, and she let me see what was being said, I'd get a kick out of it.)

18. Tainted

Tainted Banned

YOU ALL NEED TO READ THISok first things first. Cowboylover im so sorry you see this post that way. Im not judging anyone anything, hell theres only one person on here I know so who am I to judge? My replys havent been judging they have been opening up two discussion points so far thats all. I feel that if everyone just posts there opinion nd then no one replys with there veiws about that then this thread is just a waste of space. So thats that cowboy lover im sorry never feel intimidated by a stranger lol theres too many in the world:)
    Ok secondly, Love24/7 please please please if you dont like bold centered or pretty colours whatever just say, the human brain ISNT progrmmed to read left to right, you have been taught to read that way, I can read left to right, right to left upside down and my chinese buddy roger reads his letters top to bottom, or bottom to top cant remember. but the point is........Im a great bloody guy so if you want me to do somethingfor you then ask ffs dont go making "the brain is programmed.........." lol
    Im a real good guy and i like the forums because i can share my opinion and get feedback even if thats negative i dont care this is a forum give and take anything you want its free lol
    Save your negative energy for something important in your life not a guy on a forum that writes in bold:)
    Ok I think thats done, thanks for the posts thus far from yall who can get over my EVIL way of typing.
    Tainted.xxx

19. suite91

suite91 Member

I realize my wife and I are what I would call a "special case" with regard to how we feel about this type of issue.

To answer the original question: No, I have no problem with my wife flirting or being sexually suggestive in chat/forums.

Should you be jealous? I would like to say "No." Jealousy is a product of lack of trust in your partner combined with a perception of some sort of threat to your relationship. If you're involved with someone who is honest with you, whom you trust, and loves you then what do you have to be jealous of?
    Perhaps I'm in the minority but I KNOW that whatever happens my wife is coming home to me. We are completely honest and open with each other about our lives.

It is my belief that if couples were more honest and open with each other they would be much more successful.

20. Eating Pussy

Eating Pussy New Member

I would not enjoy it if my girlfriend were cybering.