Is it weird that I get a kick outta being naked in front of my friend?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Adventurer, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Adventurer

Gold Member

First of all, let me clarify... I am straight. And so is my friend. We've been friends since childhood. Im married, and he's hoping to get married when he meets the right girl. I like chicks and so does he. There's no attraction there whatsoever between us. So now that that's clear...

So, is it odd, or unusual that I kinda get a "kick" outta being naked in front of him? (Not aroused. But it just seems...I dont know...fun? Neat? Different?)

We live in different states, but once a year I go and spend a couple weeks at his place and hang out. Usually during the summer, and he's got no air conditioning so it get's hot in his appartment.
    Im typcially an nudist at home, So making myself comfortable at his place, I will strip down to the buff. He's okay with it. I think more, he is just used to the fact that it's just me. "It's what I do." lol

Anyway, I suppose I'd get a kick outta being naked in front of anyone that Im not typcially naked around (like typically around my family for example. That's just the norm for us. So I dont get the same feeling there.) But I dont get to be around a lot of people naked, because most, (even 99% of our friends) are uncomfortable with it.

We need to find some more friends who are okay with being around they way we were created.

I wish society wasnt so skittish and purdish about the body. I mean, dang, men used to bath together for crying out loud. And it wasn't a homosexual thing, it was more like..."Big deal, we all got the same parts".

I would be comfortable if my buddy stripped down and walked around in the buff too. I wouldnt feel immasculine or anything. In fact...I think its more manly in a sense. Like ancient warriors or something. lol.

So what do you guys think? Can anyone relate? Im sure its not just me, but maybe is it sort of odd? Or what?

2. Meee

Gold Member

I like being naked with my friends. We skinny dip often and so on. I enjoy seeing them all free and comfortable. I think the line between sensuality and sexual interest is hazy, so I don't worry about it. Straight, gay, bi, arousal, a "kick"--these are labels that don't matter, so your explanation about how straight you are isn't necessary and sounds a little like you doth protest too much, methinks. Just be respectful of your friend's feelings. He might be more uncomfortable about it than he shows.

#2 Meee, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  3. 12barblues

Gold Member

Just sounds like you're a bit of an exhibitionist, as am I..lol .....I'm with meee tho, in that he may not be as comfortable as he acts. If he has never been nude himself , in front of you, then he may not be ok with you being nude in front of him. He may not want to offend you by telling you to cover up. Maybe just ask him?
    But I guess I'm responding to a question you didn't ask, so.....never-mind ....

4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I think that you are a closet nudist :)

5. simbablk

simbablk Active Member

Not weird at all. My best friend and I attended a gym where the separate sections were clothing optional. It took us a while but eventually we stripped down and enjoyed being naked also. We later took a vacation and enjoyed sleeping naked (in our separate beds). It was great.

Simba

6. Adventurer

Gold Member

I knew someone was going to say that. But methinks that saying never did make much sense. ;)
    Im very vocal about not liking to wear clothing too...but that doesnt somehow make me secretly like clothing... haha ;)

That said, I do find the human body (as long as its nicely built), male or female, beautiful and even attraction. Even men can be attractive.
    Hell, I can get arroused just looking at myself in the mirror sometimes. :lol
    There's something...sexy about a good looking body, male or female. So yes, I can find a man's body, if its nicely built, attractive and even sexy.

What Im saying is, I am not attracted to my friend in that way. And I dont have sex with guys. That's just my choice is all.

I wish I had friends to go skinny dipping with. My family does, but we just call it swiming because its the norm for us. haha. But it'd be cool to have friends outside the family that was comfortable with it too.

Exhibitionist....yeah, I think you may may be on to something. lol. To some degree at least. I love the thought of people seeing me naked. I dont know why...but I do.

As far as my buddy's comfort... IIRC we did briefly discuss it once. We even discussed that I shave. He thought I just didn't grow pubic hair. lol. I told him my wife likes me shaved. Much to my surprise (because you'd have to know him,) he actually asked me if she shaves too. He thinks my wife is hot.
    (Yeah, I have a fantasy about him fucking her in front of me...just a fantasy though)
    Anyway, he's a bit..."shy", but he's come out breifly from one room to the other naked before. I think he's "testing the waters" so to speak. He's not as comfortable with it as I am. But I think he'd like to be maybe.

No closet about it... I'd love to live in a nudist colony. My wife said if there was a nude beach near us (which is surprising there is not) that we could go.

That would be cool! I'd love to go to a clothing optional gym. In fact...the word "gym" comes from the word "gymnasium".

Gymnasium comes from the Ancient Greek term gymn├│s meaning "naked". Athletes competed nude, a practice said to encourage aesthetic appreciation of the male body and a tribute to the gods.

Very cool!

#6 Adventurer, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013