Is it prostitution if there's no money involved?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by scar69, Sep 7, 2014.

1. scar69

Gold Member

If someone is performing sex acts for things like a place to stay or other gifts but not money, then would you still call it "prostitution"?

ply likes this.
  2. TonyD

Gold Member

Yes

3. AGFUNK

Gold Member

Yes, it's still selling your body.

4. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

A friend of my ex then prostituting herself to get her husband to buy things then? .....
    I give you a BJ if we get (this item for the house) so he took the BJ most of the time, and spent the money for her.

skinnyminnie and ply like this.
  5. cbrmale

Gold Member

If you go into times of conflict such as a draft novel I have written set in Italy during the years 1933 to 1948, it was common in the period 1944 to 1945 for Italian women to trade sex for food and other commodities, almost always with allied soldiers. This food would have supported their immediate or extended families. Most certainly this was prostitution.

6. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

If you are accepting material remuneration of any sort it's prostitution. May not necessarily hold up in a court of law, though...

When in doubt, turn on the camera and say, "Officer, this isn't prostitution! I'm being reimbursed for my artistry - this is an erotic art video." :p

Trond and AWifesLust like this.
  7. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Yep...it is

8. backcheck64

Gold Member

So are you saying...you're a prostitute?

rcc8611 likes this.
  9. Meee

Gold Member

It doesn't matter what I call it, the people who have the power to put a person in jail call it that.

Trond and ply like this.
  10. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Nobody should go to jail for prostitution and fortunately it is not illegal here because we are a little more enlightened and tolerant in this country. Living off the earnings of one is a crime here tho', so pimping is seen as the evil not the woman who choses a way of earning a living.
    In reality working for wages/salary is not that different excepting it does not involve sex....usually!
    But yeah anything gained from having sex with no other objective than material gain is well, prostitution IMHO.

Amature, 10_3XL and AGFUNK like this.
  11. cbrmale

Gold Member

Living off the earnings isn't a crime here or else we wouldn't have legal brothels. Because brothels are legal we don't have US-style pimps because sex workers are free agents to work for whoever they wish. Regardless of that prostitution is always around whether it's legal or illegal, for money or for benefits traded, and it never will be stopped.

ply likes this.
  12. backcheck64

Gold Member

To quote George Carlin

Selling is legal
    Fucking is legal
    Why isn't selling fucking legal

ply and lbushwalker like this.
  13. Trond

Gold Member

In Norway and Sweden, the John is the "evil" guy. You can be arrested for buying sex, not selling it. Not that the prostitutes like the law at all, nor do people involved with helping prostitutes. The girls can get in trouble for not cooperating with the police, and they get more troublesome customers because the Johns themselves are nervous about getting caught etc etc.

14. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I think that the fact that in the U.S.A. (outside of very specific locations) the selling of sex being illegal is completely ridiculous. Let's face it, prostitution is one of the oldest careers available in humanity. There's nothing wrong with it (to me) - if you've got the knack and inclination then freakin' go for it! Like Bushwalker said: It's not all that different from a "regular" wage/salary job (I routinely feel like I get fucked every day at work - and NOT in a good way)!

And I'm still an advocate of using the legal loophole of filming your sex acts (or at least having a camera set up) with a person selling sex and claiming it to be "erotic artwork" or a "personal video - no intent to distribute." :p;):D

Amature, AtkCCC and ply like this.
  15. Magnus_Phallus

Gold Member

Or be bold, just do it in public and call it "performance art" :D
    Who knows you could even get a goverment grant ;)

ply, HotForHoney and 10_3XL like this.
  16. Trond

Gold Member

This reminds me that a girl in the university class that I teach once sent me an email asking if we could meet privately for "bonus point activities". I'm not going to go there, but I suppose you could think of that as a form of prostitution as well. Only this kind of "prostitution" I am strictly against, as is the university of course (it's cheating, and misuse of responsibilities and power and breaks all sorts of rules all at once).

Normal prostitution for money does not have to be bad at all though, as long as people are careful/respectful about it.

10_3XL, Amature and ply like this.
  17. SOOM3030

Gold Member

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's the bartering for sex that is illegal. Money is just a specific item to trade. I'll have to look through Ye Olde Law Book to find out for sure...

Amature likes this.
  18. Mattp

Mattp New Member

"Yass, Yass Bitch, Yass"

19. Amature

Gold Member

I've never been with a prostitute. With that being said, we ALL pay for it one way or another. If a girl wants to fuck you for a place to stay, why not? If she'll have sex with you for free because she wants sex, are you a FWB or a gigolo because she's giving YOU sex for sex?

I told a lady friend a joke one time. I told her I was walking across the parking lot and a cute young lady ran up to me and tole me she's do ANYTHING for $100. I asked if she truly meant "anything"? With a mischievous twinkle in her eye she said an emphatic "YES!" As soon as she finishing doing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen, I think I'll have her start painting the house. LOL. My friend didn't see the humor.

20. scar69

Gold Member

With this in mind I've still never performed an act of prostitution. And never will