Is it possible that a girl can't use birth control

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by outofmymind, Jan 4, 2009.

1. outofmymind

outofmymind Member

Recently one of my partners said she doesn't use birth control. And that she bases it on what her doctor tells her. Is it possible that she can't? Supposedly there are 11 forms of birth control for a women. I just can't imagine that a girl could be incapable of using any one of these forms. And it seems to me that it's just an excuse.

So she claims I'm uneducated and ignorant because I think there's no way a girl can't use birth control. And refuses to talk to me or see me because of it.

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

I'm thinking that if she can't have an intelligent conversation with you about legitimate concerns you have regarding birth control, then, perhaps, she's too childish to be having sex with in the first place.

3. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I'd imagine that she cannot use hormonal birth control, but the IUD is very effective non-hormonal alternative. It seems very unlikely that she'd be completely unable to use any of the many forms of birth control available for women. She probably just doesn't want to. Normally I'd suggest asking her specifically what kind of birth control her doctor said she couldn't use, but if she refuses to even discuss it then I agree with she has some underlying maturity issues.

4. Wckd_Beauty

Wckd_Beauty New Member

It sounds like she doesn't want to use birth control because she's afraid of the proposed side effects. There are soooo many different forms and types of BCs out there, especially since different women can react to particular ones variously. If you can't ask her what she and the doctor specifically discussed, or she isn't giving up that info willingly then you might need to find a new partner. If BCs are one of the safety precautions you want to use and she isn't trying to..well you might wanna move on, for both your sakes.

5. Seprofyt

Seprofyt New Member

A friend of mine says she can't use birthcontrol due to a chromosone error that you can inherit from your mother. I haven't investigated it, but she says she can't take P-Pills

6. piratenegro

piratenegro New Member

Yes, it is very possible for some women not to be able to use birth control. There are a variety of very technical biomedical reasons involving complex physiology and organic chemistry... n shit. But yeah. It seems rather unlikely that she would react adversely to ALL forms of birth control though.

7. Rocket Queen

Rocket Queen New Member

Condoms are a form of birth control, one that you can definitely take charge of yourself. Is she allergic to latex? If she isn't, then I see no problem with you being in charge of the birth control in your relationship....

My husband was in charge of our BC, if he didn't shop for condoms, we didn't have sex... it was as simple as that.

8. outofmymind

outofmymind Member

Thanks for the replies. That's pretty much what i expected, I don't see anyone who agrees that there's no way a women can't use any of the forms of birth control. But you gals are right, I should have just asked her specifically what she and her doctor discussed. I probably didn't go at it the right way telling her I didn't believe a doctor told her she couldn't use any form of birth control, and then telling her she was lazy. Even though that's how I felt, and I think that's what's really happening. Oh well, I don't think she'll talk to me again.

Rocket Queen, I know I have control with condoms, but I still believe a girl should use her own birth control on top of that.

And I understand there are a lot of girls who can't use birth control pills. Doesn't mean they can't choose from the other 10 forms.