Is it okay too? even on the pill

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by p00shy, Jan 9, 2008.

1. p00shy

p00shy New Member

Alright here my deal.

my girlfriend would like to have sex without condoms and to do this, she is about to go on birth control. she loves the feel of hot cum inside her and thats why she wants to go on it. so we dont have to use a condom and i can cum in her all the time.

thing is, i dont want to because it still poses a chance of pregnancy.

so how reliable is birth control and what are my chances of having a kid if i start to cum in her from now on??

"assume she takes the pill on time, everyday, perfectly"

2. TShins

TShins New Member

Better safe then sorry, but then again, I have only used a condom one time, with any of my sexual partners....
    I personally think its okay but you really have to trust her, and trust you won't get an STI/STD.
    As far as you getting her pregnant, its ALWAYS a possibility, and from a male standpoint you need to evaluate what would happen if you ever did. Would you keep the kid? would you goto an abortion clinic? Sit down and talk with her about your worries, and good luck bro.

3. d3funkt3r

d3funkt3r New Member

From my understanding, hormone-based birth control (patch, pills, injections, etc.) are 99.9% effective in preventing unwanted pregnancies. The 0.1% happens when people forget to take their pill/change their patch. The important thing is she ALWAYS remembers to take the pill (and that you can trust her to remember)--have her set a daily reminder alarm on her cell phone. Keep in mind that there are a fair amount of side effects to using medicated birth control, some are affected more than others, and it may take both of you time to adjust to the medication. All in all, it's a very effective means of preventing pregnancies and not at all effective in preventing STDs. If your in a trusting monogamous relationship, and have been for a while, it may be the route to go...especially if you'll be able to enjoy sex without the sometimes inhibitive latex barrier between you. Have her speak with her gynecologist first, and it may be a good idea for you to join her if she feels comfortable having you there.

4. heelfetish

Gold Member

The pill is a more effective means of birth control than a condom when used properly. However the pill does not protect against STDs. There is a high risk of infection for both of you. As well, there is always a chance of becoming pregnant when having sex, and you both need to be mature enough to face that responsibility.

As for failure rates, here are some numbers from wikipedia:

The pill:
    Pregnancy rates (first year)
    Perfect use Varies by method: 0.05-2%
    Typical use Varies by method: 0.05-9%

Condoms:
    Pregnancy rates (first year, latex)
    Perfect use 2%
    Typical use 10–18%

5. kaffwahn

kaffwahn New Member

If it's a committed monogamous relationship and you're both tested and disease-free and she takes the pill as she's supposed to (same time every day, using a condom if she's been ill) I'd risk it. In fact, I do risk it (am having the coil fitted later this month because the pill gives me horrible mood swings).

6. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

When I was first with my g/f we didn't use condoms because she hated them.

She was on b/c and I would cum in her all the time. We did this for 6 months or more.

One month she was late with her period by more than a week and I freaked out huge... and she was stressed because I was stressed.. which delayed her period even more.

She was on meds for a cold or something at the time and it is what delayed her period, but we didn't know that until later.

So I bought condoms and we have used them ever since... and I don't even think about her period anymore or ever stress about her being pregnant.

I figure with both forms of b/c on our side, if one fails, we have a backup... that has given me peace of mind for the last two years.

My g/f hated condoms at first and complained about the smell... said they didn't give her the same sensations.. etc.

After a week or so she didn't even notice them anymore, and now she said she can't even tell I have one on anymore.

So I would stick to my guns about using the condoms if I where you.

7. cbrmale

Gold Member

My wife used the pill for 12 years (no condoms for me), and I came inside her three or more times per week, every week. Before then and in the days before aids, I never used condoms with any of my girlfriends, and no unwanted pregnancies. Very few side-effects with the modern pill (unlike someone above). In my day we thought condoms to be so unreliable for birth control compared to the pill that we'd stopped using them, they only returned because of the AIDS scare in the mid to late 1980s. After the 12 years I had a vasectomy.

It seems like your girlfriend 'loves' the feeling, so she's had natural sex before. Apart from feeling come, skin against skin feels much better for the both of you.

The only trick is to make sure the pill is taken the same time every day, and remember that it can be affected by antibiotics or if she vomits or has dirroreah.

8. Bluesy

Gold Member

You'd really be trading a less effective form of BC for a more effective form of BC (so long as she takes the pill consistently). There are a few easy-to-follow precautions, such as medication interactions (very few, if I recall correctly).

Condoms aren't full-proof protection against STDs. If the Herpes virus is active in a partner (and there aren't always visible signs), a condom only provides 50% protection against contracting the virus.

9. cbrmale

Gold Member

My advice on trading condoms for the pill is predicated on you both being STD-free, and in a monogamous relationship. That being the case and you aren't worried about protection, then the pill is quite reliable as long as you take mind of the three or four precautions.

I've not used condoms much in my life, but I sometimes had problems with them falling off on withdrawl or having self-destructed randomly, which caused me to think that the pill was better. In my parent's day when condoms where the only thing available, sex was full of fear and trepidation due to the awful reputation that condoms had (10% failure rate if used well).

10. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

There are a few assumptions and realities to your question. To begin with no one is perfect and are prone to mistakes. The risk of pregancy increases every time your girlfriend forgets to take her 'pill' with the only exception being some 'pill' brands include sugar pills for the time when she has her period. Reason for that is it helps to keep her use to taking the pill and to remember to take it every day. Even if she takes it faithfully at the same time every day and never ever misses a pill there is somewhere between a 2% - 10% chance of pregnancy depending on the brand. Plus the risk of pregnancy is higher during the first three months afer she starts the pill as it takes sometime before the pill reaches its maximum effectiveness.

My advice is twofold. First you need to decide how important is it to have unprotected sex versus having a child. If you are not ready to accept that a pregnancy could result and accept everytime she 'misses' a day the chance of pregnancy increases then you should continue using a condom. Second you need to accept that no method is 'foolproof' and every method carries its own unique risks.

11. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Having sex while the using the pill is protected sex. Keep in mind that the pill is *a lot* more effective at preventing pregnancy than condoms alone. That's the point that we're all trying to make here. I wouldn't recommend condoms as anyone's sole method of birth control because their failure rate is pretty high. However, they should always be used as protection against STDs.

12. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

You gotta pinch them so they don't slip off CB lol

13. d3funkt3r

d3funkt3r New Member

There are quite a few alternatives to medicated birth control aside from taking a pill every day, which your girlfriend may want to discuss with her gynecologist. These include injections, patches, once-a-month pills, and devices that can be inserted into her vaginal cavity that do not interfere with sex and cannot be felt during sex.

These options offer peace of mind if she doesn't want to worry about remembering to take the pill every day. Of course, if she chooses the daily pill route, there are many ways to strategically implement it into her daily routine so that it becomes habitual. If she ever forgets to take it one day, follow the instructions that come with the medication. Just remember to use a condom or not to have sex during the 'cautionary' period.

14. Dreama

Gold Member

My fiance and I have used birth control alone quite successfully for almost a year. I'd say it's safe, as long as you are both disease free.

15. cbrmale

Gold Member

My particular problem is that I am too thick, girth-wise, so that even the largest condoms are too tight, way too tight for pinching. In terms of girth I am in the largest 2% of the male population, and they don't make condoms for my size.

16. cbrmale

Gold Member

I don't think so, and many couples on this forum use the pill as the only form of birth control. For me, I would guess that we had sex more than 2,000 times, closer to 3,000 times, with two pregnancies, both planned. Indeed with our second, my wife fell pregnant the second month after she stopped taking the pill. While on the pill, our success rate was somewhat higher than 2%-10%!

In Australia our TGA lists the failure rate of the pill at 0.02%, so I don't know where your stats come from.

Also, there is no 'three month' lead in. It takes two weeks, then it hits 99.98% and stays there.

17. d3funkt3r

d3funkt3r New Member

My girl has a never-expiring prescription for an "Oopsie Pill" (aka: Morning After Pill) that can be taken within 24 hours of intercourse to prevent fertilization of the egg. NOTE: This is not an abortion pill. This is a form of birth control. It induces a menstrual cycle, thus flushing out the egg before it can be inseminated. This is in case she's forgotten to take her pill or (for those using condoms, if the condom should break or come off). While it shouldn't be something used very often, it's nice to have a backup plan so you don't have to wait and schedule a visit with the gynecologist while the precious seconds tick away...if you already have the prescription, you can just go get the pill.

#17 d3funkt3r, Jan 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  18. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Indeed, there are very few methods of birth control that are more effective than the birth control pill. The Depo Provera shot is one of them, and I tried it for about nine months before switching back to the pill. It is 0.01% more effective than the pill and that minuscule amount of extra effectiveness didn't really make all the extra side effects worth it. The only other form of birth control (apart from pure abstinence) that is more effective than the pill is the intra uterine device or IUD.

My SO and I have been having sex several times a week for several years now, and the only method of birth control we've ever used is the pill. And I get my period every month like clockwork.

Continuing to use condoms when the girl is already on the pill, if not used for protection against STD/Is, would not provide a significantly greater amount of protection against pregnancy. As purely a method of birth control condoms have one of the highest failure rates.

19. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

I actually meant my post as a joke, but now I am confused.

You said condoms slip off on withdrawl... I have never had one slip off on withdrawl, but I always pinch the base just to be sure as I pull out.

Usually you are softer after you cum and the condom is more likely to slip off during withdrawl due to the added weight of the cum, being softer and such (obviously).

As for too tight condoms, I went through that so I hear what you are saying. I can at least fit in a larger sized condom, so I can't say all condoms are too tight on me.

Nothing worse than a tight condom...