Is it normal to NOT be stimulated at all by receiving oral?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Sigh, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Sigh

Gold Member

I didn't think much of it until the topic come up with a girl friend of mine. She was shocked saying she's never heard of a girl not liking oral. She even said I should go to a sex therapist! I don't get aroused in the slightest. I just lie there thinking, "when are we getting to the sex?". I told my ex about it, saying it's nothing to do with his technique, it's just me. Nothing he could do would make it pleasurable. I love being fingered and fucked but oral does nothing for me.

Do you think this is normal?

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

I think it's perfectly normal. If you get stimulation from hands or a penis, there's absolutely nothing wrong with you. It would be different if you were receiving absolutely no stimulation from anything.

Truth be told, it could have been him. I've been with people who are down right terrible at it and I just don't feel anything other then warm wetness. Other people have been mind blowingly amazing. Those who were bad I had the same thought. That or "jeez...when is this going to stop".

You're perfectly normal. Maybe one day you'll find someone who's so good at it that you'll beg for more. :) Don't mind your friend telling you to go to a sex therapist, just because she likes oral with people doesn't mean that you have to.

Amature, Cappy_Dick and Doitagain like this.
  3. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Most dudes just can't get enough of their dick being sucked etc, but for me it isn't unpleasant but then not that great either although as Mitt above suggested it does depend a lot on the giver.
    If I could never again have oral it would not worry me but if I could not give it then entirely another story so Sigh you and me better never meet ;)

Cappy_Dick likes this.
  4. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Well as a guy sometimes I am not big on receiving oral , I do like it and get off but I like variety so sometimes I would prefer a handjob or something and I have lost my erection because I didn't want to just lay or stand there.

And I have know a couple woman that are not big on receiving oral at all. One cannot ever get off that way , I guess maybe she hasn't met the right person but she has been with about 30 people ( men and woman) and it just doesn't do it for her. My wife is not big on oral even before me. She only likes it after she has had some penis penetration and even them it's not a guarantee she will want it. After she cums she wants you out of there. I've never had a complaint before Soni don't think it's me and I was told this before I ever went down on her.

5. Lou_x

Gold Member

at the end of the day we are all different what works for some may not work for you, time and patients is key. :)

6. sagswing

Gold Member

Its natural I know but there is FAR too much worry about what is "normal" . . . IJS Tell your partner what you want/like as I feel there is far to LITTLE of that!

AWifesLust and Doitagain like this.
  7. Sigh

Gold Member

That's reassuring :)

To be honest he's the only person who's giving me oral so it's very likely that it was just bad at it! At the same time I can't imagine ever being pleasured that way. There was never a moment I felt something stimulating when my ex did it. I'd think if he were really bad I'd at least feel something at some point because he did go down on me a few times. If it is the person I hope I find the right one ... and soon!

True.

8. Sigh

Gold Member

Hehe :) Yeah it does go the same way with guys. My ex wasn't always keen on it when he was standing up because he wouldn't be able to cum but lying down was fine, though he'd never come quickly.

9. Lou_x

Gold Member

I hit the roof with oral :cool:

AWifesLust, Amature and sagswing like this.
  10. sagswing

Gold Member

Lucky for me, not only does Wifey love oral, she's multi-orgasmic from it. Keeps me busy :p

But if she didn't I'm sure we'd find something else . . . ;)

11. Sigh

Gold Member

I did tell him where to stimulate me but it didn't improve anything. Maybe it's just not for me, but I'll see when I next have sex.... whenever that is ('___')

12. wsc

wsc
    Gold Member

Everything is normal in my opinion. I dont think theres anything wrong with you enjoying somethings and not others. I dont think your friend meant to make you feel odd...just carry on enjoying the things that you find pleasurable