Is It Cheating If You Have Sex With Your SO's Alter Ego?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Kermit, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

If your SO has multiple personalities (or at least an alternate one) and you knowingly have sex with one of their alter egos, is it cheating?

2. too_thick

too_thick Member

3. igor

Gold Member

That's a rather odd question and I am sure it has never been discussed here before. Let me ask - does your SO have an alter ego Kermit? I know some people that kind of change with a different mood but I don't know if I'd classify them as having an alter ego.

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

It depends. If it's just something that's done for fun and recreation? No, it isn't cheating.

If your S.O has a clinical mental illness that causes her to have multiple personalities one of which you have sex with and the S.O doesn't know this once she goes back to herself? Yes, I consider that cheating as the person is not in their right mind and therefore not themselves.

5. HardRocker

Gold Member

I think we're over our heads here. If she really does have a psychiatric illness like multiple personality disorder, then our guesses are of no use to you.

6. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

hmm could this be like having sex with your drunk GF...

I know when I am drunk I become someone else "Jekyll and Hyde" very scary.. very bossy and mean.

7. HardRocker

Gold Member

Except a mentally ill person didn't bring their vulnerability on themselves as an inebriated person does. The Mentally ill person had no choice in their inability to look out for herself. It's also less likely that her own lack of self-respect was a component in the abuse she suffered.

8. Kermit

Gold Member

There is not only a change in mood, but a change in name and personality and habits. And she loses time and cannot recall any detail in that state.

9. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Ah okay I'm not too educated on the "alter-ego" mental illness.

Thank you for putting me straight though

10. luvbug

Gold Member

Have you had sex with her alter ego Kermit? If so..does she know? Have you asked her how she would feel if that were to happen? *if it hasnt already*

11. Kermit

Gold Member

Well i chose the term Alter Ego, cause Multiple Personalty implies...well multiple personalties when it's just one. Though honestly I haven't even established it even a DSM-IV case or her pulling my leg for certain. We've had a discussion about it she knows me and "Lucy" have fooled around and she has no issue with it. I've jokingly asked her "I hope you're not slipping into it to avoid sex with me! :lol" I just thought i'd bring it up as a...unique topic for discussion. But as rare as such a dissociative disorder it is (the rareness makes it slightly dubious) her memory black outs seem genuine but i'm no doctor. I hope I'm not a bad person for messing around with her alter ego :(

12. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Another thing I thought of.....
    If you marry somebody with multiple presonalities??
    Would that make you a bigamist?:shrug

13. Kermit

Gold Member

Very good question! But i think legally it's okay since the personalities are sharing a body and doesn't require extra finanical support like a second wife would from the perspective of the state.

14. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Hi Kermit, well then in the legal sense you have answered your own question.
    Admittedly this is a strange occurrence.

15. Kermit

Gold Member

Life Is A Strange Occurrence

16. SteveWaste

SteveWaste New Member

Honestly, this is a very complex question, with very personal and legal consequences.

Hollywood and television would have you believe that "Dissociative Identity Disorder (DSM-IV1994)" is MUCH more common than it is. It is actually an incredibly rare disorder. Though it is a popular narative vehicle that very wild stories have been written about in the last several years (i.e. Fight Club, High Tension, Psycho, Secret Window, Me Myself and Irene, Hide and Seek, Golem in LoTR, Gene Grey in X-Men, My Bloody Valentine, Mr. Brooks, and The Incredible Hulk _just to name a few).

DID has been used as a successful legal defense in recent years to produce a medical opinion that the defendant was not of sound mind and body to be held accountable for their own criminal actions. That being said, what the hell makes you think that someone suffering from DID could consent to sexual activity? Not only is it cheating, it's quite possibly Statutory Rape.

~Steve

17. Kermit

Gold Member

how do you figure statutory rape?

18. SteveWaste

SteveWaste New Member

Specific legal precedent states that many people who suffer from Dissociative Identity Disorder cannot be held accountable for their actions due to their mental disorder. Thus, by the same diagnosis of incapability and non-accountability, they are then rendered unable to legally consent to sexual intercourse with a partner. Thus, having any partner engage in intercourse with a person who is otherwise unable to legally consent is classified as Statutory Rape, and, depending on the state, can be classified as a Class B to a Class Y felony punishable by 1-15 years in jail and registration as a sex offender in the national registry.

Please trust me on this.

~Steve

19. Kermit

Gold Member

ok lol, hmmm that would definitely make its rounds on the "odd article" internet circuit. Thought you were gonna tell me that the age of the Alter Ego was determined how much time they spend in that state lol. Interesting perspective.

20. Mittimer

Gold Member

Trust Steve, he's a officer of the law!

Ain't that right, Officer Steve. :)