Is it bad to still be friends with someone you used to be with even if...

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Sexual Person, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Sexual Person

Sexual Person Member

They've already seen your naked body and you've seen theirs and now you have a new relationship?

2. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I don't believe so as long as you are faithful to the person you are dating.

luvbug and Married M Nh like this.
  3. Mittimer

Gold Member

I can't imagine why. Plenty of people have seen me naked and I them. It doesn't mean I claim them in some fashion.

If you're meaning more along the lines of being intimate with someone, it's still the same answer.

Married M Nh and John W like this.
  4. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Tossing aside a friendship for something as ultimately trivial as seeing a friend/being seen by a friend naked seems an overly hefty price to pay. I don't think that you need to discontinue a friendship with someone - even someone you had shared intimacy with in the past - simply because they'd seen you/you'd seen them nude. The exception to this for me would be if there was some sort of emotional holdover with your former partner (now friend) preventing you from committing yourself to your new partner(s). However, I don't think I would end the relationship (either one), but get the matter out in the open and probably have a "cool down" period with my former partner... Of course, having never been in a situation like this I can't say 100% what I would do either way. :p

5. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Go see the post; do you still speak to your ex lovers for the full range of responses. Personally I never burn bridges ;)

6. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

No. That seems pretty shallow. Friendship is more important

xx

luvbug likes this.
  7. Sexual Person

Sexual Person Member

Yes, I'm really faithful, but what if a formal lover of mine that I want to remain friends with still has my naked body on their mind then that might make it seem a bit awkward...Hmm...Yeah, that's what I worry about it.

8. Mittimer

Gold Member

You are entirely over thinking things. So what if you're on their mind, it happens. If it wasn't awkward when you were together there's no reason it should be awkward for two mature adults that are remaining friends.

luvbug likes this.
  9. teamster145

Gold Member

I am a guy and there are probably several guy friends that have your naked body on their mind, I realize they have not seen it. I think you should try, if it gets awkward put an end to it.

luvbug likes this.
  10. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Nah it's not awkward to me. A female friend of mine got drunk and fucked one day....only a couple people know but we never did it again. We have talked about how it was good and attractive we thought eachother were and just decided if things were different we could do it again but we just stayed drinking buddies. And her now husband knows we did it right before they started dating and he doesn't care at all

11. SOOM3030

Gold Member

No, not at all. As pointed out by others, if you stay faithful in your current relationship then it shouldn't matter.

The first time or two in that situation can be a little awkward, but we're all adults and should handle it as such: be grown-up and mature about it when you see each other, then go home and masturbate to the fond memories :p

12. Li_hog_rider

Gold Member

I'm still friends with my ex wife and actually consider her my best friend. Also still friends with a lot of my ex girlfriends. I wouldn't mind seeing any of the naked and there are probably a few that wouldn't mind seeing me naked lol. I have no intentions of ever being with them again in a sexual way. There are a few that we joke about it but both know that won't happen.

13. backcheck64

Gold Member

For me, exes go way back, but I still see a few. I have no problem being friends with them. It also reminds me I made the right choice in my wife. All but one have divorced and none have the body they did all those years back. My wife has a better one and we're still married after all of these years.

Doitagain likes this.
  14. travis beck

Gold Member

I don't think so. We are all adults and have been with others. As long as you can get along with one another and set boundaries, I don't see the issue.

HotForHoney likes this.