Is it "abnormal" NOT to enjoy anal sex?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Vanja, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Vanja

Vanja New Member

Dunno.... seeing (or hearing) someone say that they're not into anal sex seems to be the exception. Sometimes I feel like I "should" do it like everyone else.... but I just can't and won't. My bf is totally ok with it and has never pressured me about it or anything.... I think it's more that I'm putting pressure on myself.

I know that anything people enjoy and don't enjoy is "normal" - guess I'm just talking about what the "norm" is for MOST people who are sexually active.

2. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

You are not abnormal. What is the norm anyway? What you like and don't like is your choice. I am with you, the thought of anal does not turn me on, and I will not do it. I am happy for those who like it and enjoy it, but I get more than enough satisfaction using the "front door", so why change up a good thing? :cool

3. Vanja

Vanja New Member

Yeah, I agree... I'm happy for those who do enjoy it.

Some say this is a generational thing.... one guy I know said "yeah there's definitely a difference between pre- and post-80's women". According to him us "pre-" gals don't like anal, usually don't swallow and don't shave downstairs :lol

4. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

LOL!

Well what does being a pre-80's gal who likes to swallow and shave make me? I guess I am cross-generational! ;)

5. Rocket Queen

Rocket Queen New Member

I'm pre 80's and I shave and swallow, but I don't do anal LOL

We have tried it, but it really hurt.... I use a slim vibe (in my arse) when I'm masturbating and I do enjoy a finger in the arse during sex, and are slowly working our way up to anal (with a cock) my hubby has never pressured me to do it, and he will actually knock me back when I ask (I only seem to ask if I have had a few drinks) he tells me I should be sober when we do it, so I don't regret it in the morning.

6. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Good for your hubby for keeping you in check! I don't know why it doesn't appeal to me, since most people seem to rave about it!

7. Dreama

Gold Member

It's not something I've been dying to try either. It takes a lot of preparation. Hubby and I both feel like it's not really something we're into at this time.

8. igor

Gold Member

While I like anal stimulation, I would never think of doing my wife anally. I can't imagine her liking it although she might like a little "play" there. I don't know if anal sex (cock in ass) is a normal thing or not, I'd probably classify it as "not as usual".

9. sexyJ

sexyJ New Member

I like it but not all the time, I have to be in the mood. Its one of those things u either like or hate IMO! There is nothing wrong with it not being your thing, and its awesome that your boyfriend doesnt pressure you!

10. Barbwire

Gold Member

Normal is relative. There's no way to make a judgement call here.

I like anal sex, but only once every couple of months or so. Am I normal? Some may say I am and others may say I'm a sick ticket; good thing I don't care what others think. ;)

11. *Sexual Panda*

*Sexual Panda* New Member

It took me many years to trust someone enough to even go back there! My ex-hubby that I was with for 14 years in total tried ones BUT never told me before he stuck it in there *OUCH* is all I can say! Never again did I ever give him that chace again! It took me nearly 10 years to let someone try again and it happen to be my new hubby.......he was so gentel it was great, never once did he hurt me!

Oh and its a mood thing for me also, I have to be so turned on before he can even go nearthat area :)

#11 *Sexual Panda*, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  12. Rocket Queen

Rocket Queen New Member

I have heard that you definitely have to be in an anal mood for it.......

13. jgood4u

jgood4u New Member

Normal: Penis in vagina! Any other contact a couple makes between their bodies is an optional expression between them and doesn't really concern anyone else. Sex is not a performance contest, you don't earn merit badges for different accomplishments. The rewards of sexual contact is how it brings mates into a closeness, a oneness of bodies and of spirits and causes your love and trust to grow together. No one else counts in this expression.

I have no problem discussing what feels good to any couple, and if another couple feels that would be enjoyable to them, then have fun trying it. But don't do anything because someone else does, don't put yourself in that pressure cooker, it won't result in you growing closer to your partner. Consider, however, that if you do learn what others do, you may find yourself wishing for something your partner is not comfortable with, and that can result in a separation of your closeness.

14. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Hey...

...my wife does not like being gone down on. At all. Says it's too intimate. I don't even begin to understand that. So, WTF is 'normal'?

I got her off one time, slower and slower and slower the closer she got and she may as well have been having a seizure, said it was incredible afterwards and STILL doesn't like it.

She got off like crazy on anal. We'd do it when the mood struck. I have a video of us with her having body tremors, just shaking like a leaf as I went slower and slower ( I am evil!) and her just begging me to go deeper and faster. Then, one time it was a little messy. End of that.

I've known women who do and don't like giving head, do and don't like swallowing, some like to swallow, don't like it on their face, some like missionary, some this, some that, some the other.

Hell, there's been threads on here about guys that don't like getting head. :ugh

I have no idea what makes people like this or that or not like this or that. I think it's all psychological somewhere, some how.

There's been two things woman have tried to do with me I didn't like;

1. Tried to play with my ass when I needed a shower.

2. Tried to draw on my dick.

So, fact is, I can relate to not liking something, but the context is what fascinates me.

Flirty, can I ask you a rude question?

15. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

This:
    [​IMG]

Essentially you could determine the sexually "normal" habits of people through a statistical program. the problem is that as times change and sexual taboos become less taboo, the data becomes more irrelevant so you'd need a running study that would kick out older data giving you a kind of "real-time" look at sexual normalcy.

So if you're w/i one standard deviation of the mean, or within the middle 68%, you're "normal".

I'm not sure what the 'mean' for a study like that would be. Would make for a badass Econ/Stats paper though ...

"The Economics of Sexual Normalcy and Applicable Public Policy." By A1 :lol

16. igor

Gold Member

Draw on your dick ????? You mean like with a pen? :lol

17. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Yup...

...she put two little eyes on and was basically making a face; dickhead. :lol

18. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Sure, LP, ask me!

19. Pride

Pride New Member

I have only met 2 girls that openly admit that they enjoy anal. And one of them only enjoys it apparently with me. IDK bout all of that.

But the other girl really LOVES it, it seems. I know a couple girls that dont even like anal play at all...even just around the rim.

I still think the majority of the public either has not done it or does not like it. It's just that this forum is filled with people that i wouldnt say are weird. But they are not quite the "general public" people on here tend to be more open.

20. HardRocker

Gold Member

Pride, reading your posts in various threads, it sounds like you've got girls lined up for a turn at being fucked by you. Wish I could play second string in case you ever sprain your dick or something. :lol