Intimacy - Your Definition

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Thorn, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Thorn

Gold Member

How would you (Guys and Girls) describe intimacy with a SO in a relationship?

EDIT to answer Ryan's question below: Speaking mainly mental but physical can be part of it.

#1 Thorn, Mar 22, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  2. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Depends, physical or mental intimacy?

3. Thorn

Gold Member

I edited it. :)

4. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

You have to be trustworthy and supportive. When things get rough you've gotta be strong, both for your mate and yourself. Intimacyis kind of like this (To steal from Aristotle):
    Love is the same soul inhabiting two bodies. As corny as that sounds I think that it really motivates the definition. The term soulmates comes to mind. Mental initmacy is that feeling that you'll have that someone there for you. That someone to grab you before you slid off the edge, that someone to comfort you when you need it.

*shrugs* But then again I might just be rambling...

5. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

*singing*
    Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight
    Someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight

:nopity
    :rose

6. Thorn

Gold Member

Intimacy is something that develops with time. It can be there some in the beginning of a good relationship but becomes deeper and deeper as the relationship grows in character and commitment. I have been married to Rose 28 years. We have hit bumps in the road that temporally hi-jacked the intimacy but we always stop and fill in those pot holes to make for a smooth road again. It's when you realize your partner has become your "Go to guy/gal emotionally."

When I think of intimacy I think, emotional, physical, and spiritual togetherness. Last night Rose and I sat by the fire (no TV) and talked, had ice cream, went to bed, and fell asleep in each others arms. >>>> Intimacy.

7. blondboy

blondboy New Member

Intimacy is openness, understanding, and unconditional. Being judgmental and arrogant, inventing boundaries and rules all block intimacy.

8. haolcatx

haolcatx New Member

sexually speaking I figure, affectionately and emotionally sharing of biological needs and desires.