Interview Today/Pure Customer Service

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kermit, May 14, 2012.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

I got a tip about IBC hiring 40 new workers, and i was told it was on Craig's List. Now i didn't find it there sadly but i found something else...and i called them and we scheduled an interview. It's a customer service center. They will train me, all expenses paid. Very awesome. And if all goes well i will have a 12.50 an hour part time job. Never dreamed I'd have a shot at something above 10 dollars an hour in my life ever! But all it is as a shot...getting the job is half the battle. When it comes to me and jobs, even hte most menial jobs are very challenging and stressful and require absolute commitment to stay afloat without being the company screw up. So fingers crossed, my first pure customer service job! branching out yo!

2. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

All the best, Kermit. :D

3. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Pay is pretty decent. It may very well still be stressful if it's a call center type job. They have requirements on how many calls you take, etc. But it beats being unemployed, and they aren't all bad jobs.

Good luck on the interview, I hope you get it. :)

4. Kermit

Gold Member

I got it, but i don't really want it honestly. It's not being picky, but I still don't have my license or a car of my own. I had no idea my job would be making appointments and showing up at people's houses to give presentations.. Hell i didn't know what they were selling til i got there (kitchen knives). I would love to do it but it's not 12.50 an hour, it's per appointment as base pay. They just last an hour. It would be a pain in the ass to ask my best friend help me make them. Not to mention, i dont' know how much would be left in the basepay if you factor in the cost of gas and where i would be going. So i don't know, it would definately be interesting, but not worth the time or the aggravation.

The strange thing is i was upfront and..they didn't care i didn't have a car or my Georgia license or that i couldn't work on weekends. I think what i'm gonna do is take the training and not show up for the first day. Bad idea though cause what if i wanna be hired again there when i'm in better shape? But fortunately theres an IBC opening in some manufacturing plant, so i'm gonna see how that works out tommorow.

5. Texas_Red

Gold Member

I was tempted to do that with another job awhile back when I got temp laid off from doing Geek Squad stuff. A known horrible shitty call center was taking applicants and was paying $13/hr, 2 months of paid training. I debated taking it on for the training and bailing almost right away.

6. Kermit

Gold Member

Well good news...i signed up for a temp agency cause of a tip about IBC hiring a shit load of new workers. I got a call back today to my astonishment (frankly didn't think i'd ever hear from them) and they were gonna setup an interview for me tommorow...something about a palce htat speckles counter tops, that's all i know. I don't even known when they are gonna do the interview, they say they will call me in the morning.

7. HardRocker

Gold Member

Cutco, right? I sat through my nephew's demonstration. Bought a $75 pair of kitchen shears and left them in the kitchen drawer of a beach house. Went back the next Summer and they were gone. Big surprise.

Good luck Kerm. I know a woman who had no specific skill set other than wanting to learn. She got a job cleaning operating rooms at a hospital and quickly worked her way up to $25 an hour. As opposed to popular opinion, there are jobs out there for the persistent seeker.

8. Kermit

Gold Member

How'd you know it was Cutco?

9. HardRocker

Gold Member

I'm sharp.

10. RideNaked2

Gold Member

Good luck Kermit ;)