Inspect Your Partner's Bod

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by blondboy, Mar 26, 2006.

1. blondboy

blondboy New Member

Friends, this is a public service announcement.

In the afterglow of sex, do yourself and your partner a favor and check your bodies for moles and other lesions that may lead to skin cancer. Blonds and redheads with fair skin and blue eyes are at the highest risk.

There are several types of skin cancer, but the only one that will kill you is Melanoma. (Basal Cell and Squamous Cell Carcinoma can be disfiguring if not stopped early but they are superficial and will not spread to other organs).

Melanoma usually originates in moles but can also start in other strange looking doo dads on the bod. Look for anything that is "changing" in appearnce. Here is what to look for in moles. Use the ABCD formula:

A-Asymetrical in appearance. Normal moles are usually circular

B-Border is irregular. Ragged looking edges are good indicators

C-Color. Normal moles are usually even in appearance. A hodge podge of colors is a strong suggestion of cancer

D-Diameter. Normal moles are usually no larger than a pencil eraser.

Tell your lovie to check you over for this stuff. You could save one another's life. The difference between a life threatening mole and a non life threatening mole can be as little as two-tenths of a milimeter in depth. It is very important to catch it early.

Thanks to the grace of God and my own awareness of ABCD, I have caught two Melanoma type moles on my own chest very early. One was superficial five years ago. I just had surgery a month ago to remove a second one and also a lymph node in my arm pit. It left me with a couple of nice sized scars but that beats death. They had not spread, thank goodness.

But, if you don't catch them early they can spread to lungs, liver, and other organs very quickly. If in doubt, tell your dermatologist to do a biopsy no matter what they say. They have been wrong based on "eye balling" it and people have died.

Good luck and good sex.

2. Thorn

Gold Member

Rose used to look me over for those things because I do have a few moles here and there. Due to your post we just talked about it and realized neither of us really checks the other that often anymore. So thanks for the reminder man! :)

3. blondboy

blondboy New Member

Good! Eternal vigilance is required, especially if you are at risk. Some of the horror stories are incredible. Glad this reached at least one couple.

4. Thorn

Gold Member

My dad had level 3 melanoma about 20 years ago but no reoccurrences since. Rose is a sun worshiper and tanning bed addict so I know that can be bad too.:ugh

5. blondboy

blondboy New Member

Tell Rose to give up the TB. Being a blonde, that is liable to catch up with her. I used to think I was invincible when it came to health because I was athletic, etc. and in good condition but when I reached my mid-fifties, all hell broke loose. She is the classic "victim" for this stuff; make her stop tanning.

6. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

I'm a redhead. For those of you that watch Southpark religiously I'm a "daywalker" :lol. I'm a redhead (it's darkening though) that doesn't have freckles. And I look like a lobster with out SPF 475,872 on, so I grow my hair out long in the summer and don't spend extended time outside if I can help it.

7. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Down with the ginger!