Insomnia

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Meow181, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Meow181

Meow181 Active Member

I suffer with insomnia...:ugh
    Does anyone else?

Since Saturday night and remember Im in Australia so its Wednesday night here for me Ive had a grand totally of 9 hrs sleep....
    Currently Im at the 38 1/2 hour mark of being awake....
    Oh and sex and drugs and rock n roll dont help either lol
    Ive tried anything and everything to try and fall to sleep...
    Im not a stresser or anything like that Im pretty chilled really...
    nothing phases me.....
    Sleeping pills that were prescribed by my Dr (Stilnox) dont work...

Im wondering if anyone else has the same problem and has a method to over come insomnia....

2. Ashlee41293

Ashlee41293 New Member

I've had this a lot too lately. I'm immune now to Lunesta, it used to work really well but not anymore. I get on the yoga mat and stretch my body and relax before bed to quiet my mind. Maybe try meditation, it takes practice before it starts working. That helps me just as much as a drug.

3. Mittimer

Gold Member

Hey hun,
    Yes I do know the woes of being an insomniac. I've learned that taking two melatonin about an hour before I plan to sleep really does help a lot. I also get a full nights sleep with it and don't wake up overly groggy or dragging. Sleeping pills do that to me.

Try going to a drug store and looking in the vitamins and natural herbal area. Melatonin should be there. :)

4. Meow181

Meow181 Active Member

Thanks Mitts Im so desperate.... and now Ive got my "12th" wind lol... Im way past the 2nd wind..ahahahah

5. Mittimer

Gold Member

Have you been to a doctor to see if you have a magnesium deficiency? In the event that you don't eat enough foods rich in it, it can cause extreme cases of insomnia, abnormal pains in joins/muscles, anxiety, irritability etc.

6. Meow181

Meow181 Active Member

Thanks Ashlee, I have tried this in the past perhaps its time to try it again. I do work in a high stress job but I dont let it bother me consciously...

Ive recently been diagnosed with a blood disorder - hemochromatosis - I dont suffer with anxiety, pains etc Im unsure if he tested my magnesium levels but Im definitely thinking of going back to him as this not sleeping is driving me spaz.....and to top it off Im travelling east on the weekend for 5 days so I cop a 3 hr time difference and my friggin net is playing up lol. oh and Im still awake at midnight here....anyone got a spare gun...?? lol

Pssst Mitts look what I just did...lol multi quote! geeez Im good....