Infections from Antibiotics

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by CosmicEye, Aug 1, 2011.

1. CosmicEye

Gold Member

I have never heard of this. Supposedly this girl has had a throat and ear infection and has been perscribed Augmenten (spelling?), a bigass 1000mg pill that I remember taking before I got my tonsils removed. Well today she went in the bathroom and found a bunch of white cum looking crap leaking out of her. It turns out its a yeast infection.

She asked her nurse friend and she said that the antibiotics kill all the bacteria in your body it can, both good and bad. I guess all the good bacteria that kills all the bad stuff in her vagina is gone and allowed this to grow into a yeast infection. She went to CVS or something for it and should be easily cured in 3 days.

I dont know what to believe. Is this just an oxymoron or what? Has she really been with another guy that she hasnt told me about, not that I really care b/c we arent together, but it tells me no condom was used. Has anybody else come across this?

2. Meee

Gold Member

Yes, it's something that can happen. But it's also possible to get a yeast infection from sex with condoms. So this doesn't help with your suspicions.

#2 Meee, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  3. KimRN

KimRN New Member

Yes!! 100% Antibiotics will do this. Antibiotics will kill of our "good" bacteria and when that is destroyed yeast infections are sure to happen. She could get OTC Monistat or she can call her physician and he can prescribe her something a little stronger to help.

There is nothing worse than a gnarly yeast infection while taking antibiotics...

4. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Wow, women's bodies suck lol. Thats a hell of a consequence. Im not sure I really have suspicions, I can trust her to tell me the truth. This is just what she told me and sounded truthful, it happened at the right time. Goddamn that would have been gross to get a suprise mouthful *vomit*

Im ganna wiki 'yeast infection'.. wish me luck

5. HardRocker

Gold Member

I nearly died from yeast(candida) peritonitis after surgery. First I had bacterial peritonitis. They wiped that out with ciprofloxacin, vancomycin, and gentamycin. It laid waste to the bacteria that hold the yeast in check. The yeast turned opportunistic and almost got me. Luckily a brand new drug, Diflucan (fluconazole) saved my life. If not for that, I would have been toast. 3 months in the hospital with multiple abdominal surgeries to clean me out, and another 3 with suction tubes dangling out of me. I smelled like a loaf of bread. Everyone has all that in them but they balance like a mexican standoff.

#5 HardRocker, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  6. Mira

Gold Member

Yeah its not just women's bodies that they can f up. The overuse of antibiotics is not only bad for your body but bad for society as well due to bacteria building an immunity to them. Should only use them when absolutely necessary.

7. Mittimer

Gold Member

Unfortunately, Cosmic, our bodies do suck. The WORST thing ever, is being on an antibiotic a week or two before your period and having a yeast infection WHILE ON your period. That's hell right there...hands down.

I always take Acidophilus pills when I'm taking antibiotics. Ever since I started doing that, it helps prevent or even aid in clearing the yeast infection up.

8. HardRocker

Gold Member

Helps keep your gut from being grumbly too. Antibiotics can irritate you that way for the same reasons.

9. Mittimer

Gold Member

Totally. When I was in the hospital and they sent me home with pill form of the IV I was on. That killed my stomach. Pharmacy tech recommended I buy some of the pills and take them with each dose of antibiotic and it helped more then I ever thought it would.

10. CosmicEye

Gold Member

I thought of that too and it was literally RIGHT after it ended.

So like is it as easy for men to get it? Or is just that our biology is different. I wiki'd it and read up on it but didnt see anything about men in it really. Although our hole is much smaller, bacteria can go anywhere. Im scared to touch her :ugh

11. Mittimer

Gold Member

If you fuck her while she has a yeast infection, yes you can get a yeast infection.

If you simply hug or kiss her, no. Besides, sex while having a yeast infection can be painful and lead to other infections.

Wait until shes totally cleared up (more then just three days) and then I think you're safe.

Though, I think I read somewhere up there, that you two weren't together? So why really does her having an infection have any concern for you?

#11 Mittimer, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  12. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Yeah I wasnt going to. I have more common sense than that lol

Uhh yeeeaaah long story. Pretty much an ex that hit me up for some booty. I rejected because she 'claimed' she was done with her period but I know that she needed an extra 2 days or so. She discovered it just in time.

13. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I've been on antibiotics for a week and a half now and experiencing my first ever yeast infection. How awesome is that.....

14. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Yep... lol