Infections for women

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by mnd1222, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnd1222

mnd1222 New Member

Hope I am doing this right, still learning... :eyes I needed to know if any women have had issues with recurrent bacterial vaginosis and yeast infections. My husband and I are very active, & I keep getting them. Almost right when I cure it, within 2 wks I have it again. I have tried Acidopholis capsules, & the GYN put me on creams at a constant dose at least 1 once a week on each. Will I ever be rid of this or will this invade our sex life!! The Dr. doesn't have an answer for me. My copays are really high...anyone got any ideas?? I do pee after, and shower of course, but not sure what else to do. I don't douch because I was told that wasnt good. It is starting to interfere with how often we can because of the sensitivity that comes with it. Help anyone if anyone knows anything~ :)

2. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

Has your husband been tested? Sometimes the man can continuely pass the infections to the woman if they don't get treated.

3. mnd1222

mnd1222 New Member

Yes he has, he is fine as far as I know.

4. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Does your doctor know about your anal intercourse? I know in another post, you mentioned that you have been active in that area for about a year now. The bacteria quite possibly is being introduced that way. Perhaps you should let him/her know.

5. kbate

kbate New Member

If it is truly only yeast/vaginosis, the anti-biotics should have cured the situation. You are going to have to have cultures done and find out just which bacteria are the cause of the problem. I know it costs money, but there could also be deeper problems and the infections could be symptomatic of this.

6. mnd1222

mnd1222 New Member

Thanks for all the responses, the anal intercourse is only done by itself. We do one or the other. And I did tell her about it, she also said as long as we don't go in one and then straight into the other. The anal is also done maybe every now and then....once a month....As far as the yeast, they did a culture to find out it was a stubborn strain that was only cured with creams, the pills didn't work. They had me to the 3 day suppository for 6 days, with no intercourse. The bacterial vaginosis has never been cultured. I do have a thyroid problem that is not being treated at the moment that I thought might have something to do with it, but one of my doctor's said that wouldn't be it and that my levels were normal at this time. I am hypoglycemic (borderline diabetic if I gain weight), but they told me that didn't have anything to do with it either. I have a problem with doctors misdiagnoising me alot, and usually I end up bouncing till I find one to listen. Urinary tract infections was another problem to go with the other two. I have been tested for STD's even though I was married before just in case. I have been tested several times. Now, the only other thing I am not sure of is I don't know if we do it too much. We do it at least 3 times a day, sometimes more. This has been ongoing for the year and a half, we are waiting for it to "die down" but that hasn't happened yet. I have never been this active before, usually it was like 2-3 times a week. So I wonder if I am just not use to or too sensitive for so much activity. There are occasions where some of my meds dry me out, so I do use lube, but this isn't often, my husband usually doesn't have a problem with getting me lubricated on my own. And it has been a while since I was a virgin so I don't remember how sore you get when you start doing it alot. Could I just be plain sore? There was one instance I was sure I had an infection just because I was so sensitive and it hurt on entry. They did cultures and couldn't find either infection, so she said she didn't know what to tell me. I do have endometriosis also, but I have been through that kind of hurt, and it is just the sensitivity upon entry and swelling with redness. Oh, one more thing, my husband after the first one takes a while on the next few. By the last one sometimes up to 45 minutes. I think we do it too close to each other, I don't give him enough time to recouperate. No problems getting hard, he's fine there, just takes a little longer to actually come. Sorry this has turned out to be a book. Just trying to find answers. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.