[Ask a Guy] In your life, outside the internet.

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by mactheripper, May 31, 2014.

1. mactheripper

Gold Member

I notice when I surf the these sex and other chats, just how bold men can be. Are you as brave in real life, as you are on the internet? I know that I'm the same person on here than I am in real life and it's why I don't mind showing my face.

2. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Generally: It depends on the situation. Who am I with? What am I out to do? What are the pros and cons of being 100% Myself? I advocate being totally and completely yourself at all times, but that's slightly hypocritical of me. I tend to put on a mask of some sort. So, I suppose "Do as I Say; Not as I Do." For example: I joke and make qwips all the time on here - not always suitable offline; can get you into massive amounts of trouble. (Surprised I haven't had my ass kicked ever...)

As far as boldness - I never used to display confidence or be as straightforward. It's literally only been since I joined on here that I realized, "Wait - you can get away with that? It's actually appreciated lots of the time?!" Since then I have shifted how I interact offline and it's done wonders. I have gotten comments about how I'm "totally different - in a Good Way!" and have actually been having something resembling a social life. All because I'm letting my online "persona" rollover to my offline life.

3. 12barblues

Gold Member

I yam what I yam,,,,, a work in progress.... Lol.. But I think if any of you s/f members met me, I would be what you expected. Im pretty comfortable in my own skin...

MissJuicy likes this.
  4. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

^If any from SF met me in real life, you'd all be like, "Really? This is what we get? I want my money back!"
    But I would compensate by giving out free t-shirts and keychains. :p

5. Ed69

Gold Member

I have had to tone down the real me.My boldness has gotten me banned from a few forums.:oops:

6. ginger

Gold Member

what you see is what you get type person confident without being arrogant :)

7. blue_eyes18

Verified Gold Member

If I'm among friends, I generally am. It's in meeting new people where it sometimes takes me a bit to open up.

8. Joys

Verified Gold Member

I try to be kinder and less sarcastic (and cynical) than I usually am in real life

9. pool_shark

pool_shark Active Member

I'm actually more bold in real life.
    There are things I've done that I am not willing to share even on an anonymous forum, but will share with select people I actually know.

As for showing my face, not on forums such as this.
    The ramifications can be disastrous with regard to current and/or future employment.

Companies have people dedicated to scouring the Web in search of info on current and prospective employees.

I have only shown my face on dating websites and social media sites where I use my real name, where I keep things mostly professional.

luvbug likes this.
  10. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I am pretty much the same ie don't give a fuck what anybody thinks of me.
    If you like me then fine if not then that is ok . Same does not apply to dogs and only ever had one that disliked me and she belongs to my ex. That dog must have more sense that the rest ;)

MissJuicy and luvbug like this.
  11. Joys

Verified Gold Member

DAMN:mad: Didn't know that...

12. AtkCCC

Gold Member

I'm pretty much the same smartass/jokester online and in real life. I am very comfortable with who I am and do not feel the need to embellish anything just because I'm behind a keyboard and not in a live social setting. So my OL life and real life are same/same including the things I suck at...I know I don't have an online photo up but if you met me in person you would likely say..hey your just like online!

Does the internet make my dick look bigger? LOL

#12 AtkCCC, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  13. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

The vast majority of "internet profile searches" that companies do is very limited and not very in-depth. Basically what it boils down to is them seeing which sites your name is registered to and the readily available public content. They do not often delve much beyond that - unless something/someone has given them cause to suspect you are not 100% trustworthy. If you want an idea of what they see and how they do their searches try going to this site:

http://pipl.com/

Again, I am speaking generally and cannot give specifics for EVERY company. Erring on the side of caution is still the most advisable approach.

Joys likes this.
  14. pool_shark

pool_shark Active Member

Companies were asking prospective employees for their Facebook passwords so they could check what they have been up to, a process that Facebook says is against their terms of service.
    However unless things have changed there is no law against it, something Facebook definitely wants changed.

15. Amature

Gold Member

I am pretty much the same on the internet as I am in real life. I'm just try and be a good buy, and don't like conflicts (but won't run from a fight either!) Not overly confident with the ladies so I'm usually not very forward. I didn't realize how much I sound like a wimp until I re-read this, but I don't know how else to say it. LOL

luvbug likes this.
  16. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

I am a lot braver behind a keyboard. I say a lot of stuff online or text that I could never say face to face unless I really know the person.

luvbug and HotForHoney like this.
  17. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

My views, comments, outlooks, wit, curiosity, humor, and creativity are all the same be it behind a keyboard and computer monitor and in the real world. I've got no need for a power trip or ego booster when online because I'm comfortable with who I am and what I am.

luvbug likes this.
  18. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I actually hold my tongue more in real life. I really have to stop doing that though. The longer I hold stuff in the more pissed off I become. When I actually say something I'm not as pissed. Other than that I'm the same person.

luvbug and Joys like this.
  19. simbablk

simbablk Active Member

I'm a little more bold on the internet than I am in real life. A lot of things have to be very secretive because of my profession (that goes for many people). But I do speak my mind.

CaramelLady likes this.
  20. CaramelLady

I am usually as you see me here sans the sexual innuendo.

I am quiet, mannered, polite, and greet people with a smile. I am often called Lady by my friends.