In ukrain

Discussion in 'Adult Personals' started by Somebody469, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Somebody469

Gold Member

Anybody in Ukrian? I will be visiting LVIV in a week and would like to know where all the good spots are.

2. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Ukraine is where you are going?

3. cbrmale

Gold Member

Lbushwalker,
    Lviv is in Ukraine, so that's where he's going. If you haven't been to Eastern Europe you must go. It's very different to other places in the world and is amazingly cheap! I haven't been to Ukraine so I can't help him. If Ukraine is anything like Russia then watch out for the police who are all crooks in Russia. One lurk was to ask for a passport inspection and then demand payment to get your passport back. So we left our passports in our apartment. Bottom line is if they get narky then just pay them something rather than get arrested.

One tip which would apply to Ukraine. Older eastern Europeans often speak French as a second language, so if you speak French it can be really helpful. We used my French a few times in Poland and in Russia. Younger people probably speak English.

Invigorated likes this.
  4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I did not know about the location of Lviv but live in remote Asia and do work and cohabitate with Ukrainians, Armenians, Georgians and Russians so am very familiar with their customs and food.
    Learn to appreciate Borscht and you will be welcomed everywhere in Ukraine, also beware although they are friendly, warm & sharing, they are hard drinking and expect you to do likewise.
    What is theirs is yours but more to the point what is yours is theirs and they will share it all and invite you to partake in the spoils if you are lucky; I had to buy my own fridge and keep all my food and beers in my locked room because of that!
    Police power is a problem and shakedowns all too prevalent in almost all developing countries; whether it be Africa, Asia or Eastern Europe and yes never part with your passport but carry certified photocopies or scans of it and your visas.
    I have images of my documents on my iPhone.

Invigorated likes this.
  5. cbrmale

Gold Member

Borscht is beetroot and cabbage soup. While I don't normally like soup, while we were in eastern Europe I really liked their cabbage soups. It was flavoursome, peasant food. Cabbage goes with everything in that part of the world.

One thing that was obvious was the basics of life, accommodation and food, were affordable to everyone. In Australia the converse is the case, where accommodation and food is extremely expensive.