In response to the uproar about cock shots(DISCUSSION)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mittimer, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Mittimer

Gold Member

Rather then continuing to hijack a thread, we're bring it here. This is my response to something that somehairle said.

Up until about a year ago, it was mandatory that a person make an introduction and make 10 quality posts before the adult photos/videos section was unlocked for them. It wasn't even visible to new members.

However, with the change of hands when the site got a new owner, that was removed. I personally (as did many others) preferred the quality post rule. New hands new rules though.

LPSG is a very different place from SF. We like that and tend to keep it that way. The Adult Photos and Videos section is meant for Adult Photos and Videos. Be they male, female, transexual or genitleless, they are welcome to post in this subforum.

There are tags for each post. If you are posting male photos, you tag it as male. Female photos, tag it as female. Couple photos, tag it as couple or mixed.

It is each members responsibility to take it upon themselves to read the title and tag prior to entering the actual thread.

If they fail to do so, it is not the fault of the poster that they got a genital shot of the sex they don't fancy.

In the event that for some reason the post is not taged, everyone here is an adult and should act as such. If you see a penis, you see a penis. If you see a vagina, good for you too. It doesn't matter what your preference is, if you don't like what's being posted, don't personally attack the member posting it.

Ask that they please post an introduction before posting such photos if you please. But don't chase them away.

Finally and the most important part of what I'm saying is this:

This is an adult forum, we will see nude photos of both male and female and everything in between. If you have a problem with that, you know where the virtual door is. Please respect our members and their choices they make. We are a small community and everyone deserves that.

If there isn't already a sticky at the top of the adult photos/videos forum explaining the tags, I will create one today that requests members view before posting.

If you have anything to say, you're welcome to post it in this thread only as we don't want to continue hijacking the other members.

Please keep it mature, friendly and open minded. All opinions and suggestions are welcome.

suslik7 likes this.
  2. 12barblues

Gold Member

sounds like most of us would like to see the 10 post rule brought back...could we "petition" the new owner, to get it back?

3. Mittimer

Gold Member

I'm honestly not 100% sure. You're welcome to voice your concern about it here in this thread and I/We will gladly point him in the direction of it.

4. somhairle

somhairle Well-Known Member

As I said already, my tuppence worth has been stated.

5. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Well, I definitely agree that it should be a simple matter that if you see the [Male] tag, then you can be 99.9% sure there will be dick pics involved, and that should be all the warning anyone needs. Kinda goes hand in hand with it being the adult photos and videos section.

That said, I would definitely like to see the Intro + 10 posts thing brought back into play. I think it would cut down a lot on the 1st post "rate me" threads, and allow the community to actually get to know the new users beforehand (and vice-versa). Might also allow the new users to get an idea of what the mindset of the forums are before the post and then get the pitchforks.

6. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Unlikely, I don't even think the new owner remembers SF even exists seeing that chat's been gone for 6 months and it takes 10 minutes to set up a new one.

I remember when that rule changed, most SF members just stopped going into that part of the forum. I haven't been in there in months.

7. Mittimer

Gold Member

If it weren't for the fact that I *have* to go into that part, I likely wouldn't either.

8. Everett_Spair

Everett_Spair Member

I'd vote for getting the old system back. But as has been said, it's easy to avoid the dick pictures if you want to.

9. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I agree, a minimum post limit first would be nice, even if it's only an introductory one. :)

It's really the "out of context" pics that annoy me, whether it's a cock or a pussy. If I really I've gotten to "know" a regular first, I might enjoy a peek at his "bits" :p but a random "what do ya think?" from a stranger will turn me cold.

I'm guilty of approaching new posts via the "New" link at the top of the screen and working my way through the list, so I may not even register which sub-forum I'm in until it's too late which is why I've mentioned in the other thread that I prefer links over embedded pics. As well as that, embedded pics can either slow down page loading or sometimes not even show up at all.

10. biker061

Gold Member

i've only been here at short while but i do agree that a 'waiting' period is a good thing on forums like this. i'm a moderator on a couple other boards and it works there!

11. CTRx

CTRx New Member

I know I'm not a frequent poster and maybe amn't in a position to tell anyone what to do on SF, I think that the context of the picture needs to be examined before hoppin on the OP. While a lot of cock pics undoubtedly are made for no reason other then to get an opportunity to flash their bits in a none public place haha, some are for more genuine reasons. It may sound pathetic (and probably is), somebody like me with very low self confidence and negative self image may need an objective opinion on some part of themselves. While I haven't posted any pictures and don't really plan to, others that have that need may feel put off by the reactions of certain members of SF.

12. Texas_Red

Gold Member

This is actually exactly why we'd like people to post an intro and interact a bit first. Chances are good we'd pick up on the esteem thing and it could be aired and maybe even helped a bit before merely registering and then going "here's my dick, what do you think?" Chances are, folks will be like "Well, it's a dick. We've seen many already." That's not going to help at all like getting on the other forums and talking about it will.

13. HardRocker

Gold Member

We informally but exhaustively petitioned the management to keep the old rule restricting access to members who had first posted an intro and 10(or 20, I forget) quality posts. A quality post only means it was relevant to a topic, nothing difficult.

However, now that that's not the way it is, follow Mitt's advice, it's the wise way and will serve the community best.
    Just my 2 cents,
    HR

14. mikeh

mikeh New Member

I'm not saying anything incase my humour gets misinterpreted as homophobic tendencies this time[​IMG]

15. 12barblues

Gold Member

great thoughts and comments here....and here's another one...These guys that wanna open up with a pic of their cock just need to have a woman in the picture with them, and the problem is solved. look at the couple that just opened with pics of themselves,(no posts anywhere) everyone stood and applauded.....if that couple would have only posted pics of him...he would have got his head ripped off...(pun intended).. so just add your girl in the pic and we're all good...lol

16. HardRocker

Gold Member

Right. And if you don't have a girl, you can always rent one.

17. 12barblues

Gold Member

you could rent the one i use, but she aint cheap...you know, you get what you pay for...and if you want the best....:lol

18. mikeh

mikeh New Member

Most sensible comment by a mile.

19. Kermit

Gold Member

At least we use the qualifier "quality" so people don't just make bullshit posts til it meets the quota and flash the board

20. AHappyWife

AHappyWife New Member

I think Mitt's original post is so thoughtful and wellwritten.

After reading the replies, I gather that some people prefer to have some peronsal preference rules that enforce censorship to a certain degree over cock pics? Mandatory x number of posting before having full access? Some people will never post in the forums. Some will be trolls. Some will be fake. But...we don't have to read or interact with them.

This is a sexual forum. I expect to see all sorts of stuff and to come across rate "my cock" or "what do you think of my pussy/body" pics. No biggie to me. I think the site is awesome exactly as it is.