In Case You Didn't Know...Please keep them in your thoughts & prayers - Thanks ~Bella

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bella, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Bella

Gold Member

This is copied, but I wanted to share it for all my musician friends.
    They have pictures of the plane if you go to the links. Travis is a bad a$$ drummer!! (imo)
    ~Bella

"COLUMBIA, S.C. (Sept. 20) - Officials say a Learjet has crashed while departing from a Columbia, S.C., airport , killing four people on board and injuring two others, including former Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker and DJ AM.

Barker, who also starred in the reality show "Meet the Barkers," was critically injured. The NBC News reported that Barker was being treated at a burn center in Augusta, Ga.

DJ AM, the stage name of Adam Michael Goldstein, was also taken to the hospital in critical condition.
    "

CNN reported that a witness saw two men get dumped out of the plane on impact. They were on fire, the witness said, and stood on the road patting each other trying to put out the flames.

Barker's assistant, Chris "Little Chris" Baker, 29, of Studio City, Calif.
    , died in the crash, according to MTV. com

The pilot, Sarah Lemmon, 31, of Anaheim Hills, Calif., and co-pilot James Bland, 52, of Carlsbad, Calif., died, said Lexington County Coroner Harry O. Harman, ABC News reported. Two other victims have not yet been identified.

Barker and DJ AM, plus Perry Farrell and Gavin DeGraw, played a free concert in Columbia, S.C. Friday night. The plane took off after the show.

Farrell's manager, Peter Katsis, told MTV. com that Farrell was not on the plane.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen says the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. She says the plane went off the runway and crashed on a nearby road.

The plane didn't actually take off, but crashed through a fence and a road before coming to rest among trees, an airport official told CNN.

"We've never had anything like this," airport director Mike Flack told The State newspaper.

Bergen says the Lear 60 was headed to Van Nuys, Calif.

Federal officials say two crew members and two passengers have been killed. Barker and Goldstein, who perform together under the name TRVSDJ-AM, played a free concert in Columbia's college neighborhood Friday night.

"It's absolutely terrible and tragic," Columbia Mayor Bob Coble said.

A representative for Barker and DJ AM said she had no information the crash.

After Blink 182, Barker went on to form the rock band (+44) — pronounced "plus forty-four." He starred in the MTV reality series "Meet the Barkers" with former Miss USA Shanna Moakler, to whom he was married at the time. The show documented the former couple's lavish wedding and life.

Goldstein at one time was engaged to celebrity Nicole Richie.

- Copied from the Associated Press 2008

Copy Link Below!!
    Link - http://www. popeater. com/music/article/drummer-dj-critical-after-plane-crash/181948?icid=100214839x1209486449x1200600695

**UPDATE**

Condition Update -- Barker and DJ AM Posted Sep 20th 2008 11:49AM by TMZ Staff TMZ has learned Travis Barker has been burned from the waist down, but he is expected to survive the plane crash. DJ AM's face was severely burned and is being tended to right now. We're also told the tragedy is all the worse because one of the passengers who died, Chris Baker, Travis' assistant on "Meet the Barkers," was married recently and has a new baby.

Copied - TMZ

See Link - http://www.tmz.com/2008/09/20/condition-update-barker-and-dj-am/

2. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Re: In Case You Didn't Know...Please keep them in your thoughts & prayers - Thanks ~B

Oh wow, this is aweful (all of it). Some prayers being sent up.

BD

3. Bella

Gold Member

Re: In Case You Didn't Know...Please keep them in your thoughts & prayers - Thanks ~B

Thank you my sweet friend!
    ~Bella

4. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Awful.....Prayers.....

5. Bella

Gold Member

Thank you Flirty!!
    Hugz,

~Bella

6. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Yes, I read of this yesterday. Such a terrible thing... I simply can't fathom it. thanks for bringing it to the forums.

rose

7. Bella

Gold Member

8. sexyJ

sexyJ New Member

oh I love Travis :) Prayers were sent :)

9. HardRocker

Gold Member

We live in Columbia. My wife and I were on the way to the concert and decided we didn't have enough ticket money so we stopped off at a watering hole across the street where we could still hear the music. They moved them from here to the burn unit in Augusta, one of the top burn units in the country. I wondered why the weather channel listed the airport as closed. Found out in the newspaper the next morning.

DJ AM got discharged yesterday and Barker is still in the hospital.
    EDIT: Oops, just realized that fact had been covered above.

10. L.A.X.

L.A.X. New Member

Hope Travis gets back to the drums ASAP.....loved him on "Dope Boys" with The Game.

11. Katprr

Katprr New Member

Aweful,, Prayer's are being sent!!

12. Bella

Gold Member

I know I hate it when I hear about stuff like this! Makes me not even want to watch the news anymore! ~Bella

Me too sexyJ - He is one bad A$$ drummer!! ~Bella

Oh HR!! I couldn't imagine him being so close to me & not trying to see him!! Although, I am sure security was a biotch!! Burned or not; he's got to just ROCK as a person! Anyone with that type of talent just friggin ROCKS!! I hope he will make a full recovery; it would be a shame to lose his talent!! ~Bella

Yes, he just has to get better L.A.X.!! I saw him on the latest award show; forget which one now - but he was sooooooooo awesome!!! Actually, it was him & DJ AM & I thought they were better than the entire show & he can drum to anything!! Now, that is talent!!! ~Bella

Thank you Katprr!! You are ever always so thoughtful!!
    Hugz, ~Bella