Improving a Low Testosterone Level

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Uncle Terry, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Terry

Uncle Terry New Member

For Many men and some women an increase in their testosterone level can give them the deserving and needed advantage of an increased libido, better sexual performance, and the desire for more frequent sex as apposed to little or no sex.

Have patches, shots, creams herbs or other natural remedies worked for you or those you know? What did you or they find worked the best?

2. pirouette

Gold Member

I'm sure it isn't the answer you're looking for, but my sex drive (and my husband's sex drive) seems to be improved when my life lacks stress. Stress and tension seem to be the only things than can put a damper on my libido. I've never considered artificially attempting to increase it. Nor has my husband. Maybe years down the road though..........

3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I am not a medical expert, but in my case, my libido shot through the roof when I hit menopause. I'm not sure what the hormone changes are in a menopausal woman (is it more testosterone, or just less estrogen? ) .
    I sure could do without the stray hairs on my chin through!:ugh

4. Uncle Terry

Uncle Terry New Member

I appreciate the replies from the two of you. Personally, for the past few years I have taken a monthly injection but it only seems to be good for a short period of time. If any of you men have personal experience with using medically prescribed or over the counter methods for increasing your testosterone level I would appreciate knowing the method and how well it has worked.

5. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

I sure HOPE that the greater libido part will happen with my wife since she is hitting menopause! :brow As for testosterone, I have read and heard over the years that it can help boost the male libido if they give it as a supplement, however, apparently you have to have regular blood tests and prostate exams to make sure that it is not contributing to prostate cancer and some other problems.

6. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

AHHHH - the great "finger up the butt" treatment! How exciting! :rofl

7. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Oh yeah! I don't know what it would be like with a female physican but the male physicians are always rough! OUCH!! I wish I could get a physician to teach my wife how to do it and let HER do it instead of having some ol' hairy legged guy do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.