immature?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by burton, May 7, 2007.

1. burton

burton New Member

Okay, now this isn't a huge issue, i just wanted your opinion. So my girlfriend has told me tonight that she thinks i'm immature. We got in some little predicament over a gift i had gotten her from my trip to switzerland. I had bought her a cashmere scarf, some lingerie, and a bottle of rum :p. I had gotten her malibu's b/c it's her favorite drink and i can't buy it in the states since i'm only 18. Well i had just found out today she had given it away to one of her friends.. And that did bother me actually because, i mean it's just a bottle of rum, but still I can't get it anywhere around here by myself so i thought it was a nice gift because I bought it myself for her when normally i can't ever.... I was bothered and kind of dragged out that she gave it away and then she got mad that I was patronizing her. and she is set on that i act immature about things like this. I'm trying to explain how I didn't think i reacted immaturely, and explained why it bothered me. It's not really a big deal, i found out she gave it away b/c it was right after we got caught having sex and she didn't want anything else held against her. It's okay, i'm not bothered anymore, just during those few minutes. What reason can I give her as to why it bothered me other than 'immaturity' and what i had just explained. I don't want her thinking she has some immature boyfriend because I know that's not who I am, and, rather shockingly, now she thinks that is who I am...

2. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Well Burton if your not bothered by it any more , why have you put this up then ?
    seems you are far more bothered by this than you are being honest about.

Question though, did you buy the drink soley for her , for her use and for her to do what she wished wit it, or did you buy it because you like it and wanted some of it which is why you got her it...

you see many guys but presants for females , but usualy those presnats will be of somthing the guy actualy wants..

Imean the other gifts you got her the scarf was really sweet ..

your already doing a damm sight better with buying gifts than my aold man of 60 has ....he usualy buys a gadget for my mum. and then usues it himself, or gets her a microwave or vacume cleaner...you know the realy romantic gifts lmfao.....

3. thegirl11

thegirl11 New Member

mmm, sounds more like a vent.

it doens't sound immature to me. it seems like you thought it was special and she kind of distregarded it. oh well...

maybe she'll realize that eventually.

4. smallpackage

smallpackage New Member

Maybe she thought it was immature of you to buy her something she didn't really want around her place. If she is concerned about her mom finding it, then she probably didn't want the gift to start with.

You are only 18, so you are immature...but you could be a mature 18 year old ;)

Take my advice and purchase her another gift...something she wants and can keep around her place...like flowers or jewelry.

5. Pride

Pride New Member

I understand and dont think it was immature. I think that she might be over reacting and not seeing where your coming from. I mean you say you bought it as something special to her. and she just kind of threw it out like its nothing type of thing. but i can understand that she didnt want to get in trouble but if she had time to give it to sum1 else why couldnt she ask u to hold onto it or sumthing.

6. loveit247

Gold Member

You are not being immature by being upset about her giving away a gift that you took time to choose and thought out. She sounds like a little high maintenance bitch if you ask me.
    If I am way off base I am sorry, it is just from what you have posted she sounds like she gives you a hard time for nothing.

7. SexyScorp

Gold Member

I agree with loveit

Hmmm......the word cold came into my mind...

Sorry just being honest!!!!!

8. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

TBH i havnt kept up with Burtons other posts...so i was making a snap call on this thead...
    my bad if i got it all wrong.

I still think the Scarf was a sweet idea though :)

9. burton

burton New Member

haha
    no the rum was soley for her, i brought back my own mini keg i wanted :p. I didn't buy the rum so i could have it at all actually

10. Nettle

Nettle Member

Held against her by who? The person who caught you having sex, or by you for giving away your present?

I do think it is a bit mean of her to give it away, especially as it is her fave drink (mine too) and it had taken a lot of effort on your behalf to actually get it.

Maybe she is acting a bit defensive cos she feels guilty that she gave it away.

Alternatively, she is a cold bitch like others have said ;)

11. indagroove

indagroove New Member

I agree ! You're going to have trouble with her. She could give a rat's ass about your feelings. Yes, men do have feelings.

She dis'd you man.

12. Bluesy

Gold Member

She gave away a gift that you thoughtfully picked out for her, then has the gall to blame you for getting upset? That's kinda emotionally abusive, hon. As Nettle has said, her defensiveness may stem from guilt, but it's still unacceptable behavior.

13. burton

burton New Member

Her mom walked in on us literally as i was drilling her, and saw me doing that, then saw a full frontal as i turned around to see who was there :ugh

but she's really not a cold bitch :( even though she reacted this way for this one time, it's not who she is or how she acts.. she was like it was a bottle of alcohol that i didnt want around so i gave it away, it wasn't like something else that's really sentimental. and i was like oh sure i'll just give away blah blah while you give away a bottle. and she then talked about how the gift she gave me was sentimental and expensive, then i was like really? so the 200 dollar scarf and 50 dollar lingerie and 30 dollar (with exchange rates) bottle of rum wasnt too much cash? then she thought i was making her seem like a cheap bitch, which wasnt my intent

but really, she's such a sweet heart and she has never acted 'cold' or a bitch to me. dont say shes a cold bitch :( shes really not

14. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

So... drop the thread. :shrug
    Cuz, personally, even if I fucking HATED a gift Thorn got me, if he picked it out - bought it - brought it back - gave it to me-.... the fact that he took that much time, all the while thinking of me, would endear him to me in ways that words could not express. Give it away? OMG! Never!!!
    AND I'VE BEEN MARRIED TO HIM FOR 30 YEARS!!!!

just my stupid, grandma opinion :rose

15. smallpackage

smallpackage New Member

The difference here is simple though: She just got in trouble for getting caught having sex with him by her mom. She probably didn't want to get caught with liquor he bought her and have her mom freak out even more. That being said, she should've told him about this before she gave it away and understand if that hurt his feelings.

16. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Then perhaps the "immature" label should be reappropriated, I think. :eyes

17. Bluesy

Gold Member

Sagely and succinctly put :tup

18. burton

burton New Member

and what's that supposed to mean?

Yess, sums it up good. but yes, if it was me in her position and had a mother like her own.. i would want to get rid of anything that would get me in a lot of trouble especially if its from me..

19. loveit247

Gold Member

Look Burton. You came on asking our opinions, from what you have posted about her she sounds like an immature bitch to most of us. If she is not, then stop portraying her as such.
    We are just saying that you are not the immature one by the sounds of things.

20. Nettle

Nettle Member

You have to realise, we do not know your girlfriend personally, and can only go on what you tell us.

I agree with smallpackage, it would have been polite for her to tell you that she gave away the drink, and why. I do not think you are immature for being hurt by her actions, I still think she was just being defensive.