I'm very sexual, he's not...

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by dwlunasgirl, Feb 2, 2011.

1. dwlunasgirl

dwlunasgirl New Member

I am in a committed relationship with a wonderful man, however, I am a very sexual person & he's not. He just doesn't have the sexual appetite that I have. I love him with all my heart & he reassures me that he loves me too. I don't want to pressure him into being as sexual as I am, as I fear that this will damage our relationship. I want our relationship to continue to work, despite our "appetite differences." Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

2. nurseharley

Gold Member

have you talked with him about trying some new stuff? maybe ask him if there are any fantasies he's had or something he really wants to do but never had the chance. some guys don't seem very sexual, but if you make them feel more comfortable with it, they may just come out of their shell

3. dwlunasgirl

dwlunasgirl New Member

Thanks for the tips! I will try what you suggested :)

4. Trond

Gold Member

This is the same situation as my wife and I. I love her, but sometimes the lack of, shall we say that special feminine sexual intimacy, drives me crazy. I don't think I can ever dump her, as I suspect that I would always think about her and wonder how she is doing. On the other hand, I would not be terribly surprised if she dumps me for being unfaithful one day. Not that I haven't told her what the problem is. It's actually a pretty screwed-up situation.:ugh

All I can say is that I feel for you and wish you the best of luck.

5. backcheck64

Gold Member

I personally would have to consider breaking it off. It's like having a Ferrari with no transmission. Sex is a vital part if a relationship. Even if everything else is good, the lack of intamacy in quantities to satisfy both will cause tension that will evetually erode the remaining "good parts". Not a good recipe for a long term relationship.

6. liam_680

liam_680 New Member

My husband used not have the same sexual appetite like me, but I always try to get him hot so he would be aroused and eventually have the same sexual desire :D my advice, do the things that he finds really sexy:)

7. collette

collette Member

Unfortunately I agree with Backcheck :-( If I had it to do over........

8. lovn_my_bbw

lovn_my_bbw New Member

this is an issue with my wifey, she has a stronger libido and sexual hunger than me. i love her and i love fucking her, but theres days were shes just poncing all over me and im just not in it especially when we live with our parents and her family annoys the crap out of me,when ever we have a moment of privacy she wants to go at it, i love sex and i love doing it with her but once a day is good enough for me..

9. phil anderer

phil anderer New Member

You have to accept the difference between love and lust or perish.

10. HardRocker

Gold Member

We must have missed that. So, what's the story, dwlunasgirl?

11. Ryan123

Ryan123 New Member

Too much sex can be a problem... but too little can be as well.. I was the same as your husband and my girlfriend got me. You just have to tease him, most of all MAKE HIM feel comfortable, make him want it.

12. conjurer1

conjurer1 New Member

My past experience is that you need to talk straight and tell him what you have just told us.
    If he doesn't get it the first time, try and try again and add some sexual coaxing.
    Regrettably I have to say that some do and some don't after a year or so review the situation and if if there is no improvement remeber that old saying ... you can lead horse to water but you can't always make him drink.
    At that point ask yourself which you value more him or sexual gratification.
    If the former then masturbation or an illicit affair is the way if the latter, once again masturbation or an illicit or the divorce lawyer is your choice.