I'm not sure if I want to continue...

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by aksuperpunk, Jul 2, 2007.

1. aksuperpunk

aksuperpunk New Member

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years now.. and we have a little boy on the way..but he's difficult, or at least has gotten to be.

He's lazy, a procrastinator, forgetful, and just doesn't really help me out, even though I'm on bed rest. Not to mention he is very hard to talk to, he either thinks I'm over reacting or he has nothing to say about the subject.. Sometimes I just need him there to cuddle, or to just massage me.. just something to show that he cared.

He also flirts with our room-mate a lot.. they flirt back and fourth between one another actually..it really bothered me for a long, long time.. and now, I think I've just given up on caring.
    A lot of the time, I think he'd rather play video games, watch movies, smoke pot, drink, and hang out with other people than spend any time with me.

Some friends tell me to just leave, and show him what he's missing, and what he has done.
    I just don't know if I could be without him, it would be hard for me to leave, he's been such a huge part of my life, and he is the father of my baby.:nerv

I do love him... just how should I go about doing things? I don't want to lose him, but I don't want to feel obligated either.

2. Paula

Gold Member

hmm...nice boyfriend. What you could try is you flirting, beeing lazy, forgetful, not helping out and all these things he's not doing for you.

If he asks questions about that you confront him with his behaviour. mayby he will wakeup

3. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

He's lazy, a procrastinator, forgetful, and just doesn't really help me out, even though I'm on bed rest. Not to mention he is very hard to talk to, he either thinks I'm over reacting or he has nothing to say about the subject.. Sometimes I just need him there to cuddle, or to just massage me.. just something to show that he cared.

Some friends tell me to just leave, and show him what he's missing, and what he has done.
    I just don't know if I could be without him, it would be hard for me to leave, he's been such a huge part of my life.

Has he been a good part of your life ?
    are you wishing to stay with him because of the baby ( or because you love him wit hall your heart)
    If he loved you as much as you seem to love him, would he be flirting with a room mate? that doesnt seem to show he has any respect for you, if he doesnt do anything for you doesnt show affection or love or care or any nice emotion towards you .........................is this love ?

4. Barbwire

Gold Member

I see you are 19, so I assume he's young, too. Having a baby at your age may make you more mature, but it doesn't mean it will have that effect on him. It sounds like he needs to grow up, and you will have one baby to raise, you don't need two. Lose him.

5. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

You know theres times when I think ol' Kronnie's a bit crazy you know...:nerv (with all due respect mate):) but then there's times when he makes a lot of sense.... reread the above paragraph, and think about it....you know the answer;)
    Do you really want to go through the rest of your life in this situation?
    Do you have any support from your family/friends?
    I don't want to be a doomsayer, but I just can't see this deal getting any better....
    unless, "he" has a major wake up call (that I just can't see happening), or.... you take steps to find someone much more deserving of your (and your child's) love and affection.
    Sure, it's not an easy thing to do, but you've really got to do what's best for both you and your child......:)
    *HW wishes you well, whatever you decide*

And don't forget, whenever you need us :sf
    We're all here for you :eek:rgy

6. StevenDeba

StevenDeba New Member

Sounds like my fiance's exhusband, exactly as she has described him. She had left him once before but took him back in, only to become pregnant again. To the news of being pregnant a second time, she left him again, for good. I am now the proud father of two, and was there for her and I even cut the cord.

7. LaVitaDolce

LaVitaDolce New Member

I would not do this. It sounds immature and you don't need to stoop down to his level. You need to ditch him girl whether he's your child's father or not. I highly doubt he's going to change. Of course you love him, but don't you think it's time to find someone that loves you back? :)

8. Barbwire

Gold Member

I agree, now is not the time for game playing, now is the time to grow up and act like an adult.

9. Kahurin

Kahurin New Member

LOl ak is a really good friend of mine and thanks for showing her support guys :D she needs it in a time like this :S im one of those friends haha!

10. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Sorry to say this, as I know you love him, but he sounds like an immature punk, and if having a child doesn't change him, I doubt he'll ever change. You are not doomed to suffer with this guy for the rest of your life. Have a heart-to-heart with him. If there's no change, kick his butt to the curb now and find a grown-up who will return the love you offer.

11. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

LMFAO ...no problem at all....no offense taken, sometimes im as mad as a hatter...( all depends on how the day at home is going)

But to the original poster...i was bought up to believe that a relationship is 50/50 if you are giving all 100% then you are probably better off without this guy in your life, and who knows perhaps a reality check for him will wake him up inside.

He is going to be a father one way or the other , he has no choice in that anymore, so he has to grow up or 16 years down the line he wil end up with a teenager knocking on his door wondering why he wasnt their for them..

12. Goldenlion

Goldenlion Banned

Thats just gonna cause more problems.

Talk to him about it and be serious about how he's making you feel.
    If leaving him is not an option thats the only choice you have, also try talking to his flatmates about how its making you feel.
    Communication can be hard but its the key to most our relationship answers.

13. mmmm

mmmm New Member

I think you should leave him. Right now you are young and have so much to offer another man that will treat you so much better. I would hate so see you stuck with this guy for next couple of years when you know this relationship is unhealthy. Don't stay in this relationship just because your going to have his baby.

14. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I must question you as to why you love Him,
    Are you so desperate for a man that you would want to keep a jerk.

Listen to what CL said, One baby in the house is enough, Boot the
    big baby out,

Hiker