[Ask a Girl] I'm not ready for sex?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Izzy, May 13, 2010.

1. Izzy

Izzy New Member

Ok, I know this probably sounds a bit different coming from a guy, but I am simply not ready to lose my virginity. I am 20 years old, and, which probably comes as no surprise, I've only had one girlfriend to this point.

I don't have any religious or medical reasons for this. I just know I'm not ready. I haven't made any sort of decision regarding whether or not I want to wait until marriage; I just know I need to wait for now.

So, my question is, is it possible to have a worthwhile relationship like this? Keep in mind I don't have much of a first-hand experience when it comes to having a girlfriend. I am especially worried because I am transferring schools and starting at a new college this fall. I don't want to start off on the wrong track or get a reputation because of something like this. I like spending time with girls and doing more innocent things like kissing/cuddling, but I am uncomfortable with the idea of going much further.

So am I a freak or what? (I'm half-joking.) I appreciate any help you can give me. I just registered on this site and am using it solely for this reason, so I'm not sure what to expect.

2. north

north New Member

You're not a freak, Izzy. You are a lot more sensible than the majority of your peers, however.
    I generally belong to the school of "if the vast majority is going in that direction, I'm better off going in the opposite one" and it's served me well in life. It's ridiculous to feel pressured to behave a certain way just because "everyone else is doing it".

How many evils would the world be spared if everyone would just use their common sense and think for themselves instead of blindly going along with the rest of the herd. Good for you, I say! When you're ready, you'll know.

Sorry for all the clichés.

#2 north, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  3. gnastybugger

gnastybugger New Member

There is no starting gun and it's not a competition where you win or lose by starting your sexual life later. Some girl's may even appreciate not feeling pressured to have sex so long as they don't get the feeling that there just might be something wrong with them. Just be honest with them & yourself and up front about it, if they understand don't worry about it, they'll get over it and will move on in life no harm no foul and no S.T.D's or unwanted little one's but that's just me. I hate condom's

4. nurseharley

Gold Member

Izzy, i'm sure there are PLENTY of girls who feel the same way as you out there, and more than likely, at that college you'll be attending too ;) it's definitely possible to have a very meaningful and worthwhile relationship, sex is not EVERYTHING in a relationship and in the end it will only end up bonding you and the lucky girl closer when you decide you actually are ready.

as for the reputation, im sure there are worst things to be known about a person than the fact that they are mature enough to make a decision to wait for something they arent ready for rather than giving in to peer pressure and doing it then regretting it. you'll be fine, and if you dont find a girl......i love virgins!!!